3 days and no AF! I'm driving myself crazy! Need advice!

lauren2293

Reaction score
Hello all!
So I'm new to this forum and I hope I'm posting to the correct one, but I finally decided I needed advice from more people than just my fiance. To start, I am 3 days after when I am supposed to get AF and still nothing. I have been testing regularly for the past few weeks and in that time I got 3 faint BFP. The first two came at about 3.5 weeks and then another at 4 weeks. I feel exhausted, I'm nauseous, have headaches, bloating and pretty intense cramping the last 3 days (I am at 4.5 weeks if I'm preggo). Also very emotional! Seriously cry over the silliest things! If some on the TV is crying then so am I!

Here's the dilemma: I have been getting BFN along with my my faint BFP. This morning I tested and got a negative and then the positive took a while to show up! I still haven't been to a doctor since I'm waiting for a stronger positive.

Any advice?? I really don't want to feel so insane! :wacko: I am driving myself crazy wondering if I am not pregnant when I feel so freaking pregnant!!

Thank you ladies for any and all advice!

Hey :wave: TTC can be stressful and confusing!

What brand of test are you using? Do you have pictures? I don't understand what you mean you get a negative and a positive. You mean you test one day it's negative, and later that day test again and it's positive?

Could be a cyst?
I'm totally not the person to be giving out advice on this as I've never experienced this.
But some ladies have said cysts cause faint false bfps.

I can't figure out how to post my pic but I have a picture of my first BFP. I used the ept from target and a couple digital. The digital test said i was Not Pregnant but the ept i peed on had faint BFP! so I got a negative on a few tests and positive on others.

I know the woman in my family are cystic but I have never had them on my ovaries, on last month I found one on my cervix and that one ruptured and returned around 2-3 weeks ago...I didnt know they could cause a false BFP!

Okay I figured out how to post an image (hopefully you can see it!)

Attachments

• IMG_0726.jpg
    IMG_0726.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 48
I have tested positive in the morning and negative on the same pee stream! two different tests though...

I see it, but unfortunately it looks more like an evap line than a positive. :/ What other brand did you use?

Oh I see now you used a digi.

I've never heard of a cyst causing a faint positive! Interesting. But I know my sister had a cycle when she was sure she was pregnant, but it was the cyst causing the symptoms.

Apparently they also secrete low doses of hcg. Just what I've been reading on here from a few false positive threads.
The tests they posted seriously looked positive too.

I know that cysts cause cramping and bloating...but not all the other symptoms. but maybe! I need to see my doctor either way. It could be a chemical pregnancy but I have had so many faint positives that I'm not sure. Today I had another faint positive but i didn't take a picture. I read somewhere that evap lines are only gray, that they woudnt be the pink or blue color from the dye because the only way the test strips can change color is if the hormone passes over the test strip and reacts to the compounds in the strip and that reaction changes the color. nothing else can change the color...and when I look at my tests they are distinctly blue and not gray...maybe thats wishful thinking though?

I know I needed to see my doctor this week. If I am preggo I would not even be 5 weeks yet...also, I am pretty sue I had implation bleeds on the 19-21. (my period was the 1st-6th of Sep)

it was definitely interesting peeing on two tests at the same time though! (one pos one neg)

Did they come up within the time limit? If not, they could still be evaps...even with color. I'm not trying to be negative, I know how hard ttc is and getting your hopes up. :/ But seeing your doctor is definitely a good idea!

You said in your first post that the positive took a while to show up. How long? If it was after the 5 or 10 minute time limit (whatever that brand says) then it can't be trusted. :/ Hope you get some clear answers soon! :hugs:

I definitely saw the first one outside of the 10 min time frame, then the second positive showed for a few minutes and then went away, and then today I had a think faint positive...today seems more promising since I have missed my period but still...it could come late! Ugh I'm just braining out �� thank you for your support! I am really grateful! I plan to go to see my doc on Wednesday so I'll update you when I officially know everything! ��

Huge hugs, blue dye tests are notoriously bad for being misleading, I'd be more trusting of one with pink dye. I really hope you get your positive soon, I've been in your position before and its horrible just not knowing or not progressing, massive hugs to you xxx

If it came up within the time limit then I'd be tempted to say positive, but I wouldn't trust any of them at all if they're appearing after the time limit as evaps can appear even with colour after the time limit. Good luck x

Just to add as well that digitals do tend to be less sensitive so if you're still very early it would be possible to get positive on the non-digital and negative on the digitals. I had a clear pink line on my normal test at 9dpo with this pregnancy, but the digital said negative and didn't get a positive digital until 2 days later x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->