3 in a row...

Hope4one

Reaction score
:nope: I posted in another forum, but this is where I need to be. Today I suffered my third consecutive miscarriage in about six months. I really thought this one was going to be my rainbow baby... It just felt different. I was able to see the heartbeat last week, but had a mmc. I can't make it past 6 weeks :( I am 29, very close to being 30 and surrounded by people with babies. I can't even go on social media without feeling completely devastated. I have no idea why this keeps happening to me. My progesterone was found to be low at 4 weeks, and I was prescribed suppositories which actually brought me into the normal range very quickly. My uterus and ovaries look "perfect" according to my OB. I am completely numb and heartbroken- I haven't even began to process yet. I am scared to fall asleep because I don't want to wake up and have to live through this pain again. No one around me understands what I am going through. The statistic to suffer 3 mcs in a row is less than 1%... Something is wrong :( sorry for venting I am just glad I found this forum.

Aw I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs: my first pregnancy was an ectopic, and it was awful, but I went on to have a healthy pregnancy after that. We were ttc no2 and I atupidly thought all would be fine.. I mean surely after having one loss I'd not have another, surely life couldn't be that unfair?.. But I had a MMC at 9+5. So I guess it can happen. I am 30 now and I have loads of worries. I worry it will keep happening, I worry that what if it's cause I can't carry girls (I have a son), I worry that me and Dh aren't as fertile anymore. Argh. It's crap to be in the small percentage where it happens more than once. I know my situation is slightly different from yours, and for that reason I'd say that maybe some clotting tests or immunity tests may be beneficial for u to see if there is a problem. But it could be that it was just bad luck. Anyways I'm so sorry for your loss. You will find lots of comfort in this forum from ladies in the same situation, I have found it a great comfort hearing my thoughts echoed in other peoples threads. Hope u get your rainbow baby soon. xxx

Thank you for the reply. It takes away some the pain knowing that I am not alone in this because where I am physically and mentally no one around me understands either pain. I'm glad I found this group. I'm sorry for your losses as well, but congrats on the beautiful baby you have :)

I am sorry for what you are going through. This is my first post but I have been following the recurrent miscarriage threads for a while and saw your other post. I don't quite count as recurrent yet but I have had two missed miscarriages at 9 weeks in the past year, both needing a d&c. I'm 29, almost 30 and a teacher surrounded by small people all day too, so I related to your post! How are you doing?

@nocturnalstar thanks for reaching out. We do have very similar stories... and I'm very sorry for what you have been experiencing as well. Today is not going so well, I am having major cramping and the pain meds they prescribed are completely useless. I have to wait until Monday to even hear anything from my OB- who really has been non-existent my entire pregnancy. I was actually just about to switch OBs the day of my miscarriage.. but now I'm kind of stuck with her. All I want at this point is testing and answers . I am just at a loss right now. I want to give up so bad and never ttc again, but I know one day I will have a baby, just not any time soon. I am unsure if I need a dnc I miscarried naturally both times- what was your experience like with yours? How are you holding up?

I'm ok, the last mmc was about 8 weeks ago so feeling better than I was but TERRIFIED of trying again! My d&c's were actually both fine, not scary at all. The first time I eventually mainly mc naturally and then had a d&c because it was still incomplete and we were going on holiday. The second time my body didn't recognize the mc at all and I had no cramping/bleeding before the d&c. It was painless for me with very little bleeding after and my period came back within 4 weeks. We cant give up we will get there eventually :) Have you had any testing at all yet?

So sorry didn't want to read and run

Sending positive vibes for you to your future x

I am so sorry for your losses. I think you should do some testing. I had 3 MC myself and finally did extensive testing to find out why. The ladies on the recurrent MC sticky thread are very helpful. I am really grateful to them. Hang in there :hugs:
I hope you can get some answers.

Hello

First I am so very sorry for your losses. I too suffered 3 in a row, in the last 1.5 years.. one, the 2nd one was a mmc at 9.5 weeks... I didn't have any testing to see if there was something wrong, my doc figures just bad luck, mostly because I have 2 children already... but I wanted to tell you that I am happily pregnant now with my rainbow baby... it has been a little nerve racking, but I have to say I am being very cautious, which is normal I think, but I have found the doctors and staff have been very sympathetic with me about it all.

I really hope that you find out if there are any issues, and that you get your rainbow baby very soon.

Good luck.

Kim

Thank you ladies, your words are extremely supportive. @nocturnalstar I haven't had any testing done, my mmc happened friday night and haven't heard from my doctor yet. I plan to get in their immediately to start the testing because I want to know what is wrong. The cramping and bleeding is borderline severe still, so I may end up back in the ER. We plan to wait a year now after these losses because mentally I absolutely cannot endure this again. I need to heal my body and my soul and then ttc again. Thank you for your positive thoughts. Xoxoxo

I'm so sorry for your losses :(

I've had 3 losses since November as well, and #4 is probably in progress.
I have had a couple of basic tests in between my third consecutive loss and finding out about this pregnancy (we weren't trying, supposed to be on a break) that all came back normal, but 4 of the 5 GPs I have seen all seem to think there is nothing wrong and its just "bad luck" and "one of those things". When I went in to get the results of betas from this pregnancy that don't look promising for being viable I saw a Dr I haven't seen before and he was quite shocked no one else has taken 3 losses in a row seriously yet, but there's nothing he could really offer me either but a referral to a gynecologist who I can't get in to see for a while yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->