3 kids in a 3 bedroomed house?

Hayley_Shaw

Newly pregnant with #3
Reaction score
We moved into our house a year ago and currently have 2 kids a dd (4) and a ds (18months). My husband and I are wanting to ttc#3 next april when dd will be nearly 5 and ds will be 2. The problem is space in the bedroom when baby#3 is 6 months.:dohh:
It is a new house and was only built last year so the room arent massive as is usually the case with new homes, also moving isnt really an option as the house prices nearby is way out of our price range.:cry:
What would you ladies suggest doing as I have tried re-arranging the rooms to try and figure out what can go where with little look?:wacko:

Could you keep bubs in with you for the first year? Then they could share with your youngest at the moment?

Thought about that but our room isn't that big as it's also used for an office so would only be able to get a crib in then when he/she no longer fits in it would have to move into one of the other bedrooms. I didn't know whether to put both son and daughter into the biggest room in bunk beds then baby #3 could go into the smallest room as only 1 child would be able to fit in there especially the amount of toys and clothes they both have now nevermind the amount 3 would have. Do you think bunk beds in the biggest room would do as they would both be in normal beds by then anyway?

As long as the bunk beds were fully up to all safety standards I would say yes to them :) Your eldest would be old enough to be in a top bunk by the time a new baby was needing the other bedroom anyway :thumbup:

Im in a similar situation. I will have all 3 girls so that makes it a little easier but they will be 8, 6 and baby. My 6 year old didnt want to share a room with the 8 yr old because she is very messy so she is pretty excited to share with the baby after those first few months. We are buying mini-crib. They are perfectly safe and baby could easily fit in it until 2-3yrs old. It takes up half the space as a regular crib. Then we have a set of bunk beds for when the baby gets too big for the crib.

Dont worry it will all work out. Plus your kids are little, so I don't think they will put up too much of a fight.

Im about to have my 3rd, Im in a 2 bed bungalow fighting with the local authority to give us a bigger house, my 2 boys 5 and 2 are in bunk beds, thier bedroom is tiny, baby will have to remain in with me until we get rehoused, or I will turn my sitting room into another bedroom at nightime.

x

Hi thanks for everyone's advice. We'll me and the hubby spent yesterday evening in both rooms with a tape measure and the bigger of the kids bedrooms would quite easily fit a cot and a single bed in as well as 2 cupboards and their toys, so we'll be able to fit the new baby in their with dd.:blush: Otherwise, we're just going to get bunk beds and put ds on the bottom bunk and dd on the top which would leave even more room. So the house has definatly suprised me with how big it actually is if you adjust the furniture.

We've been looking at moving but in the area we're in now the average 4 bedroomed house is between £145,000 and £200,000, so we're going to stay put for a year or 2 then see what 4 bedroom houses are around then.:cry:

Definatly feel a lot better about it all now. Just got to wait till April now :happydance:

I dont think every child need a room of their own, We are lucky we have a 5 bed house, my son has a room of his own (its small though) and my twin boys will share a room. I see nothing wrong with it. My SIL had three kids in a 3 bedroom and her two oldest share a room, no problems.

We probably wont stay here forever and talked about self building our next home, (this is our second house, our 1st was 4 bed and now a 5 bed), i wouldnt design my house so all my kids got a room (if i had more), if you have the space then fine, if not then they share.

Good luck TTC hun, hope all works out well xxx

i have a 3 bed house and three kids. my 8 year old and my six year old each get their own room. the baby has a crib set up in our room and uses one of our two closets for her stuff. her toys are in a toy bin in the living room. we are hoping to buy a bigger house in a couple years, but she can share with her sister if not.

i have a 1bed flat with 2 kids :-/ my son has to sleep in the lounge which is a pin in the ass as we then have to go to bed when he goes at 7-8ish we are also fighting with council to be rehoused to no avail they dont care i cant even get out of the flat on my on because all the stairs i have to go down

I'm pregnant with number three and we have a 2 bedroom house and can't find a way to get a three bed so looks like I will be having a 8 year old sharing with a two year old and a baby.

I wouldn't worry too much. My OH was living at home and there were five kids aged 2-18 living in a four-bedroom house. The bedrooms weren't very big at all either! My OH was the eldest so got his own room (tiny little box mind you) and his 2 sisters (aged 3 and 16) shared and his 2 brothers (aged 2 and 12) shared a room, and they managed fine! My OH's mum has even said me and him are welcome to live there with the baby when it arrives, she must be mad haha. xx

i am pregnant with #3 and we live in a 2 bedroom house, baby will be in with us for a good 6-12 months and the other bedroom is huge so hopefully we will have all 3 in there, unless we can get a 3 bedroom in the same area, xx

I have three kids (boys) and a three bed house. At the moment my eldest two share a room and my LO has his own. I'm currently TTC #4 so when he/she comes along (if it ever happens) me and the OH will move into my youngests small room (can just about fit a king sized bed and a wardrobe in it, but hey it's only for sleeping in lol), the older two will move into the big room that we are in now (which is quite big) and my LO will move into the medium sized room (which is an ok size also) with future baby!
By the time my youngest two (if I'm blessed with another younger one obviously) have grown up we would hopefully have saved up enough by then to move somewhere bigger anyway but what we propose would be livable :)

when I was younger there were 4 of us in a three bed house and we shared rooms.. I shared with two of my sisters and my brother had his own room.We never complained or anything, to us it was normal :)
x

We have 6 children, and just recently added a 4th bedroom. So we were doing it with 3 bedrooms, and the kids are fine!! They have lots of play space, and only use their rooms to sleep in. It will be fine, you have plenty of space. Plus kids like sharing rooms.

If it was me, i'd have to new baby with me until a year (my two were in the same room as us until that point).

Then i would out the two that are the same sex in one room and the other in the 3rd room. I'd probably put bunk beds in the room for the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->