3 Meals

divadexie

Reaction score
Annabanana has taken a turn for the better and now LOVES her solid food :happydance:

We have EVEN started having stage 2 Ella's kitchen (''textured, not lumpy'').

For her breakfast when we get back off the school run, she has either a rice pudding or stage 1 ellas kitchen sachet or a porridge one, and she will eat the whole thing and then still drink 6oz bottle.

She then has a sleep until about 12 and has a stage 1 jar or stage 2 ellas kitchen, and at 2 she has a 6oz bottle (though starting to make them up to 7 this week).

She will stay awake to go on the school run and shops, then at half 4 she has another ellas kitchen or a jar AND one or two wee yoghurts.

Then at 7 she has her warmed up bottle and goes to bed. Sometimes she will have half a fruity jar before the bottle too.

Is this enough??
It says on the weaning sheet 10-15 spoons of food but she really does prefer the food to the bottle.
She was 10lb 13oz last fortnight and HV ( :( ) is here on thurs.

:rofl: at "HV :)()" sorry!

Well Hun, by the sounds of it she's doing fantastic! If she's on 3 meals (and by what you've said here and FB she's got a great appetite and as good as if not better than Alex!) just make sure she gets at least 18oz a day still :) sounds like you are on a roll. I really think when you started weaning when you did it helped, I wish we had been as determined as you!

Just nod and smile at the HV and if she thinks you are wrong let her do what she wants. If she thinks there's issues she'll just refer you to a dietician and they will just laugh when you see them - it just happened to us!

If you or HV are worried about weight I can scan the high calorie weaning book we were given from the dietician, but basically says to use full fat milk in recipes, cream, cheese, get the chips, fish fingers and all that grub out. :haha:

It sounds like Anna loves her food. As long as she is content then I would say she is getting enough.

Good luck with the HV.

That sounds like she is doing fantastic. Just a quick question Chloe is 8 months actual and we have been weaning since December she takes Ellas kitchen stage 1 food brilliantly is stage 2 much different in texture how did u know when she was ready to move onto them? Thanks

That sounds like she is doing fantastic. Just a quick question Chloe is 8 months actual and we have been weaning since December she takes Ellas kitchen stage 1 food brilliantly is stage 2 much different in texture how did u know when she was ready to move onto them? Thanks

I didnt find any obvious signs my lo was ready for lumpier food. I just tried them to see how she got on.

I think ellas kitchen is the easiest to make the transition too? Going by what Marleysgirl does xxx

I dunno, lol I was in tesco one day and just decided to buy a couple of stage 2 and try them.
Because they are ''textured not lumpy'' that was my main reason.... it always bothered me that moving to stage 2 jars etc were suddenly lumpy that she would gag etc and set her back.
I have not had a problem with the stage 2 ellas kitchen at all.

Next change, tesco do a range of stage to (not sure who by, will look next time) that are mashed, so more than textured but not quite lumpy.

ANYWAY!. Annabanana is 11lb 4oz today :D :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->