3 month old how many feeds?

LeannieB

Toby and Sam xx
Reaction score
Hi my little boy is 3 Months old now and we still BF on demand. I have no idea how often he feeds. Im wondering if we should be on more of a routine by now? Im just led by him at the moment. Also how are/were your LO sleeping at night? He was sleeping really well until he got a cold. Thanks in advance x

My almost 3 month old still feeds every 2 hours through the day, sometimes more (particularly in the evenings). She sleeps about 10.30 - 9.00 most nights with a feed of about half an hour to an hour in between.

Hi thanks for reply. When he naps ib the day his feeds can be say 2/3 hours but if he is awake he feeds a lot. I went back to my gym class last night and left him my OH and a bottle of expressed milk which he wouldnt drink. He has previously had expressed milk from a bottle and was fine. How is your LO with bottles if you have tried them? Thanks

My 3 month old feeds every 2 hours during the day, sometimes more. Occasionally she'll go 3 hours between if she's napping. I haven't actually counted how many times she feeds during the day, but she usually wakes up once during the night to feed.

She has taken a bottle from when she was a week old and I had to express out of one boob for a few days because BFing was too painful. After that, my health visitor suggested giving a bottle in the evening to break the cycle of cluster feeding, which we have carried on and made part of the bedtime routine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->