3 month old- need feedback please!

Hope83

Me, DH, DS & DD :)
Reaction score
Hi Ladies!
I'd greatly appreciate your feedback/ opinions...
My bf relationship with dd was perfect up until almost 2 weeks ago.
I knew I've had a good milk supply and she slept well at night.

As soon as she turned 3 months old, things have changed. Now I know about the 3 month growth spurt BUT its been going on for almost 2 weeks now. Is that possible? She is up every 2 hours at night to feed ( sometimes less than 2 hours). She was previously done in less than 10 minutes and now needs a good 30 minutes again (feels like she wants every single drop thats in there), she had episodes were one boob was enough now she needs both sides for sure...
Please tell me thats normal, I'm so tired....

I should add that I weaned myself off of domperidone (slowly one pill at a time, took my last pill last Wednesday). I'm starting to think that maybe I should've stayed on the meds?! :shrug:

I can still feel let down pretty much every time she nurses, I therefore know that she's getting milk every two hours but maybe its not as much in one setting anymore, hence the more frequent nursing sessions?

She is happy, satisfied after feeds, growing nicely. She also shows signs of teething and is certainly developing at the moment ( discovered her voice and hands).

Is that just a super long growth spurt or should I add the meds back on in order to up my supply again?

Thanks for reading this essay and any feedback is appreciated :flower:

I would say its a normal spurt. Mixed with so many new milestones. My little guy always went into clusterfeed mode during his milestones as its all so new and sometimes scary and breastfeeding was the only thing that really comforted him, this phase will pass in time. But for now, try to enjoy it because they grow up so quickly :) good luck.

That has happened to us recently too. My son is 3.5 months... I don't know if it has anything to do with the meds, no experience there. But I would say, it's probably just a growth spurt/ could be teething related. As long as she is still gaining and seems happy, I'm almost positive it's not a supply issue.

I think thats pretty normal, not fun, but normal lol.

Normal - LO started feeding hourly at 13 weeks. Now 20 weeks and still feeding at least every 90 minutes overnight. Mix of growth spurt, teething and 4 month regression I think!

Normal - LO started feeding hourly at 13 weeks. Now 20 weeks and still feeding at least every 90 minutes overnight. Mix of growth spurt, teething and 4 month regression I think!

Oh my... You must be exhausted?! :wacko: :hugs:

Well last night was a little better. Yeah!

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind getting up a million times during the night if I have to. I was just wondering if I had sabotaged My own supply due to stopping the meds.

Anyways she had 5 bm's yesterday. Thats a record for her as she usually goes once a day. So I'm assuming she gets plenty of milk :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->