• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

3 months and still waiting to be seen by the consultant

sharan

Mummy to 1
Reaction score
I lost my angel at 22 weeks on the 31st July. I was initially told that will see the consultant 8 weeks after the loss.

I had my blood works done at 6 weeks and then at 9 weeks I called up to chase my appointment. I was told that there was a bit of delay and should get an appointment by 12 weeks.

It's now 3 months on and I've not received any correspondence at all. I called up the Gynaecology department yesterday and they have no record of me at all. I feel as though I've been forgotten about. This appointment is the only thing that is holding me back. I don't feel I can TTC just yet until I get reassurances that a care plan for next time will be in place. I'm so scared of a repeat.

I've know got to chase up the bereavement midwife to find out what is happening. I'm now thinking that they may not have any results to give me. They may have lost my blood work and placenta test results. If so, then how can they tell me what the possible cause was?

I'm so pissed off and feel as though I'm back to square one.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I waited 7 weeks for my results why Ava died, they could not give me an answer as her tissue didn't grow, so I will never know why she passed. I know it can take awhile for the results and I pray they have some for you. As far as the appointment they should not be taking their time with that :nope: I would feel the same in the sense I would not try until I was looked at and all my results are back. Sadly doctors see this ALL the time so i think they have grown immune to it that is why they just don't seem to care. I would keep calling keep persisting and don't stop till you get some answers and an appointment.
I am so sorry :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I am sorry you have to wait.

I really feel for you, you just want to know why and as you say so you can TTC again.

Its only been 3 weeks for me but already I am being pushed back. Initially I was told it would be 6 weeks, then 6-8 weeks then yesterday when I spoke to the bereavemnet midwife a minimum of 8 weeks.

So freaking annoying

I hope you get an appt soon :hugs:
xx

i lost my boy on the 1st of may an i got my results 10weeks later it was bloody awful just have to keep on to them so you remember your consultants name? i rung his receptionist direct that way i wasn't relying on someone to pass a massage on xx i am sorry your having to hang around its awful not knowing x

I left a message on the bereavement midwife's phone. Not had a call back yet.

Unfortunately I can't recall the name of the consultant I am suppose to be seeing. I was told on the day I had my loss but like most of that day it's all a blur. My DH can't remember either.

I would just like to know one way or another if they know of a possible cause. If its not known then I can be reassured that I was just unlucky and hopefully next time I will have my rainbow baby. If there is a cause then something positive can be done about it.

If I don't find out either way then it'll continuely be at the back of my mind 'what if it happens again'.

I'm going to try calling the midwives again tomorrow. Failing that I'm just going to go in and speak to someone face to face.

If you call the ward where you delivered they will know the name of the consultant you are under and they can put you through to his/her secretary.

I actually don't remember how long it was before I got my follow up appointment, although it was a while. They didn't have any answers for me then anyway - nothing showed up. The consultant actually told me it was better that there was no reason, as that meant that it was unlikely to happen again. I got pg with my rainbow 3 months after my loss and everything was fine.

I hope you get seen soon.:hugs:

I just had my follow up yesterday. It's been about 5 weeks. When I was in her office she went through all of the test results that had come back on me (mostly infection studies and clotting disorders etc.) - which were all negative but she was missing the chromosomal studies on the baby. Honestly though, I knew what had happened as soon as I saw him. My baby very obviously had a chromosomal disorder. Unfortunately the tissue samples they sent for testing were degraded and when she called me later after pestering the pathology department for me the report said "normal male." My doctor told me that she didn't agree with the results, that it was most likely because the samples were so degraded and that my baby most likely had trisomy 18, as I came up positive for it in my 15 week screenings. It does help, knowing with very little doubt what happened. Gives me strength to think about trying again with less (though not no) apprehension. Trisomy 18 is very unlikely to happen a second time.

I hope you get your answers soon. I know how hard it is to move on when you still have so many questions. :hugs:

I finally received the letter today informing me of my appointment. It's on the 5th December; which is a day after what would have been my EDD.

The bereavement midwife called me the day before to tell me about the appointment and I was just grateful for finally getting it. But I received the letter this morning telling me in writing and it hit me! I should be expecting the imminent arrival of my sweet angel not sat in a room with a consultant and midwife who will tell me why my body failed to keep that sweet angel safe.

I've waited over 3 months for this appointment and I don't want to reschedule as I just want to move on and have my rainbow baby. But why did it have to be the day after my due date?

:hugs:
I finally received the letter today informing me of my appointment. It's on the 5th December; which is a day after what would have been my EDD.

The bereavement midwife called me the day before to tell me about the appointment and I was just grateful for finally getting it. But I received the letter this morning telling me in writing and it hit me! I should be expecting the imminent arrival of my sweet angel not sat in a room with a consultant and midwife who will tell me why my body failed to keep that sweet angel safe.

I've waited over 3 months for this appointment and I don't want to reschedule as I just want to move on and have my rainbow baby. But why did it have to be the day after my due date?

Hi, im real sorry for everything you have gone through. I lost my son at 18 weeks Dec 15th last year. Not knowing what was wrong or why it happened,it all really cut me up. Everything was going around in my head, like was it something i had done. It also put my life on hold as i couldnt move forward until i knew. Some people dont want to know but for me there was no other choice. Also i needed to wait for an answer because of wanting to try again.

I looked around on the net and some places only took about 8 weeks for the results to come back. I ended up ringing up the Alex hospital where i had him and asking them if they had forgotten about me or was there a problem? They informed me just to wait.... I waited nearly 14 weeks and ended up going to find the results the same dayas my friend was in Birmingham womems having her son. So joy for her and sorrow for me.

I was so scared to go in even though i needed to know. In the end everything was ok with my son Samuel.

Life is just so unfair at times and even now i cant believe it happened to me.

Please take care x
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back