3 out 4 cycles using this method I got pregnant after 10 failed cycles first

I just started using softcups this cycle, three days ago. My first attempt to put one in was messy and horrible because I didn't read the instructions. Last night though I read the instructions and actually was sort of surprised when it sort of "clicked" into place. And it blows my mind that you can't feel them.

However, I'm confused as to how long you should wear them. I only wore them for an hour or so after bd, sounds like you should wear them for 12? I'm supposed to ovulate today, so hopefully I get an answer quickly!

Also has anyone used them for their actual period? How was it? I kind of want to but I'm afraid of spillage, which would be awful.

Oh also, can you wear them overnight?

Great advice! I am going to try this. I used to be on the nuvaring a long time ago..I think you put in the soft cup the same way you put the ring in! Thanks!

I just started using softcups this cycle, three days ago. My first attempt to put one in was messy and horrible because I didn't read the instructions. Last night though I read the instructions and actually was sort of surprised when it sort of "clicked" into place. And it blows my mind that you can't feel them.

However, I'm confused as to how long you should wear them. I only wore them for an hour or so after bd, sounds like you should wear them for 12? I'm supposed to ovulate today, so hopefully I get an answer quickly!

Also has anyone used them for their actual period? How was it? I kind of want to but I'm afraid of spillage, which would be awful.

Oh also, can you wear them overnight?
Yes you can wear them over night after bding and for your period! ☺ I've never had a spill, you keep it in for 12 hours after bding but for your period you may or may not have to dump it sooner. As long as getting a little blood on your fingers doesn't bother you, they are awesome! And you can have sex with them in ☺ they kind of suction themselves around your cervix so they won't spill

Ahh, I had no idea that they sort of suction to your cervix, I thought they just sort of sat lower in the vagina. I was having trouble seeing how that would help with keeping stuff up there, but now I see! I texted DH and said "we have to have sex at 6pm tonight so that I can have it in for 12 hours and still take it out before I have to go to work" and he responded saying he had invited his dad over for dinner right around that time. Dang.

Ahh, I had no idea that they sort of suction to your cervix, I thought they just sort of sat lower in the vagina. I was having trouble seeing how that would help with keeping stuff up there, but now I see! I texted DH and said "we have to have sex at 6pm tonight so that I can have it in for 12 hours and still take it out before I have to go to work" and he responded saying he had invited his dad over for dinner right around that time. Dang.

Lol you could just wait until after dinner. I'm sure 6-8 hours would be sufficient :winkwink:

I have s diva cup for my period would that work? I'm not sure cause it sits lower down in the vagina than you are all describing for the soft cups...

I LOVE my diva cup for my period. First time using it this cycle and I am well and truly converted!!!! :)

I have s diva cup for my period would that work? I'm not sure cause it sits lower down in the vagina than you are all describing for the soft cups...

I LOVE my diva cup for my period. First time using it this cycle and I am well and truly converted!!!! :)

the diva cup would work for keeping sperm in. However, the softcups keep the sperm up near the cervix. You could use the diva cup if you bd and plan on going to sleep straight away. I think in that case it would function in the same kind of way....

Thanks! Flipporama I might try that the n. Thing is I'd have to slip it in without DH seeing as we're meant to be NTNP... Lol!

I have mine ready at bedside. If you want to keep it in until while you are at work, I have not really found it to be that messy. You could just dispose of it like a tampon. Otherwise, any time with it in is better than NO time with it in. Advice: don't time sex. make it fun

Right i'm on cd7 & af has keft the building i'm going to order my softcups tomorrow. Never tried them before so thankyou for all the answers. This may be a silly question but i have a weaker bladder after having ds & most of the time after bd i get up to go pee half an hour after laying down. Do you fall asleep with the softcup in? Or is ok to get up straight away & pee after you've inserted it

Will update if it helps me conceive & would love to know if any of you ladies also are succesfull conceiving with them this cycle or whenever

I always got up after inserting sc. Wiped, peed and then then wiped again! Good luck! :-D

Right i'm on cd7 & af has keft the building i'm going to order my softcups tomorrow. Never tried them before so thankyou for all the answers. This may be a silly question but i have a weaker bladder after having ds & most of the time after bd i get up to go pee half an hour after laying down. Do you fall asleep with the softcup in? Or is ok to get up straight away & pee after you've inserted it

Will update if it helps me conceive & would love to know if any of you ladies also are succesfull conceiving with them this cycle or whenever

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->