3 positive pregnancy test, 3 negative.. am i pregnant?

xoxo123

Reaction score
Hi, so i'm only 21 but i have PCOS, so me and my long time boyfriend have been trying to conceive, because im scared that im not going to be able to have children. anyways, last week i spotted very little brown blood mixed with discharge, but it was only seen when i wiped, it wasnt even enough to stain a pad and i assumed that i was about to start my period, but it was only in the morning for 2 days and then stopped. and i never got my period. and im not sure when my last period was, because its been a few months, but i know i have been ovulating because i took an ovulation test and it came out positive that i was ovulating about two weeks before. and i had been trying consistently around the time i was ovulating for the past few months. the spotting and not having my period, freaked me out though because i have never done that before. and i also started having very mild stomach cramps or more tingling and lower back aches. but not too bad. as well as soreness of my nipples and an increased appetite. as well as food aversions to foods i usually love. and cravings for foods i usually dont care for lol so i took a walgreens brand version of the first response early results pregnancy test and it came out positive, but i got pee on the window so it smeared the line, there were clearly two lines present though. and then the next morning i took a clear blue one and it came out as positive as well. so i took a clear blue digital immediately after, with the same pee sample, but it said not pregnant. so i took another Walgreen version of the first response early detecting results and it came out positive as well. so the next day i took another and it was negative. however you can see a very faint line in the light but i still took it as a negative as it may just be the shadow of the line or a evap line. so then i went and bought 2 dollar tree test and both were negative as well. but i read that my hcg levels may not be high enough for certain pregnancy test, especially since i have a hormone imbalance. but i got 3 clear positive. 1 iffy and 3 negative. so idk what to believe. i scheduled a doctors appt. but they cant get me in until next week, and im scared im going to have a miscarriage because of my pcos. but what do you guys think? does anyone have any similar stories to contribute? because im really confused right now.

20180221_195902.jpg

I would say you are pregnant digi tests are less sensitive than others I would recommend you get a frer pink test

I'd say get checked out by a Dr. Then you'll know for sure :)

The top test looks definitely positive but the next two I feel unsure on. I know there are clear blue lines there, but they're really skinny and usually they're thick like your top test.
I wouldn't be concerned about the digi since they're less sensitive. Could you try to get a pink dye test?
I would have a beta done and see what that says. If you're not pregnant, could you try temping? As ovulation tests are only telling you you're having a lh surge rather than definitely ovulating, but if you temp and use OPKs, then you will know for sure if you ovulated and when you ovulated. Have you had your hormone levels checked recently? I don't think a hormonal imbalance will affect hCG (but if I'm wrong please someone correct me as I don't know enough about PCOS to be certain on that), but if you're not making enough progesterone then you won't be able to sustain a pregnancy, and if all hormones are out of sync then they should be able to help you get back on track so you're ovulating regularly, hopefully regulate your cycles more and this in turn will help you conceive successfully.
Hopefully though, there won't be any need for that! I do think those tests look good, I'm just wary of blue dye tests and the thickness of the two bottom tests.

To add, which test was the most recent? As if the two bottom ones were the first ones you did but the top is the most recent then I would be less concerned about it as that looks how a positive should look, it could be that if the other two were the first ones the top one has progressed from those skinny lines to a nice thick line

Id grab a pink dye too good luck!

If you can get your hands on a pink dye test definitely give that a go. All the best!

top test looks bfp but the other lines are thinner than control line looks like what my tests looked like after the time limit that turned out to be evap lines I would retest with pink dye good luck hope u get your bfp

Agree with everyone else - the top one is positive but the bottom 2 look like evaps - the lines aren’t the right size. Try a pink dye test (FRER or other brand), and if it comes back positive you know you’re pregnant. Someone mentioned digis take longer to go positive which is true, but your top test looks very positive, and a digital should go positive as well with that kind of result.
Anyhow it just seems like you need a pink dye test :) Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->