3 week old - very dark poo. (photo warning)

CupcakeBaby

Pregnant with a Princess
Reaction score
Hi ladies.

Posting this on behalf of my friend who has a 3 week old baby.

They've been having some trouble BFing due to supply issues so she's been combi feeding (but mainly BF)

He didn't poo yesterday, and only a tiny bit on Monday. But today did the attached poo which is very dark in colour.

I don't know what could make it dark like that (thought maybe CMPI or something maybe?) or is it a normal thing?

He also lost 2oz this week (he struggled at birth and lost quite a lot of body weight due to my friend not being well and her milk not coming in)

Would love your input so we can help them. We struggled with awful SR when DD was a newborn and I so wanted her to have a nicer newborn phase than we did.

https://s11.postimg.org/x0ztv51en/image.jpg

Looks normal to me. It could be the formula, even a small amount can cause dramatic poo changes, or it could just be a normal variation for that baby. All of mine have gone through phases of having darker tan coloured poo sometimes darker than the pic xx

I definitely think that's normal combo-poo. It's definitely going to be darker. If baby has been storing it up its likely to come out darker and smellier. xx

Looks normal to me. I was worried that my lo's poo was darker than 'supposed to be' but nothing ever seemed to come of it, and the doctor wasn't concerned. What does her doctor say?

Looks fine to me too. My LO has had the full spectrum of poo since he was born, mainly due to having to change formula several times and the medication he was on for reflux! I wouldn't worry at all about that its probably just the formula causing the colour change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->