3 weeks pregnant but started bleeding

Kaylam93

Reaction score
Hello,

My husband and I have been trying for a year and I went to the doctor last Tuesday 12/27/16 to get blood work done so we could start fertility treatments. All the test came back fine expect my blood pregnancy test my HCG level was at a 5.2. That following Thursday 12/29/17 I started bleeding so I figured I was just starting my period. The bleeding lasted til Sunday and I was also having some mild cramping. The blood started out brown and turned heavier and more red. I figured either I lost it or I was never pregnant and I started my period. My doctor wanted to me to go back this Tuesday 01/03/17 for another blood pregnancy test. My results came back yesterday and my HCG was at 52.5. So in one week my level went from 5.2 to 52.5 so I was very shocked. I went home and took a pregnancy test yesterday 1/04/2017 and it was positive! Totally in shock! I also took one this morning and it was positive! I don't want to get too excited because what if I did loose it? I go back on Monday 01/09/17 for another blood pregnancy test to see if my numbers have went up. I really could use some positive words. Has this happened to anyone else? My husband and I want this more then anything and I don't want to get to excited but its so hard not too!

Thank you

That's what I thought. It just seemed a little to heavy to be just implantation bleeding. I have PCOS and was wondering if that has anything to do with it. I don't know if your familiar with HCG but does that seam normal to go from 5.2 to 52.5 in one week? It seemed kind of low but the doctor didn't seem worried. I took another pregnancy test this morning and it was still positive. I'm sure I am just over thinking this. I am so ready for Monday to be here so I can make sure everything is still okay and my levels are still going up.

Hcg should double every two days. So 5 would become 10, 10 to 20 and 20 to 40 in 6 days. I would say then that the numbers sound bang on. Good luck for Monday.

I think if the bleeding was losing the pregnancy, your hcg levels wouldn't have gone up, so I'd say it sounds very promising.

Going from 5.2 to 52.5 in that time frame is a doubling time of approximately 49.73 hours (give or take depending on the time of the draws), and at this point it's supposed to double every 48-72 hours, so your levels sound perfect!

Good luck on Monday. Keep us posted and congrats :hugs:

Thank you everyone for the positive thoughts! I haven't started bleeding and I take a test every morning and its still positive. I am feeling much better about it. I will keep you all posted :)

I think it all sounds good and hope your next blood draw goes well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->