3 weeks since conception, due smear test in 2 days....

Sherah

Reaction score
I have to have regular smear tests as I had one come back with borderline changes a while ago. My last test had improved. I have just found out I'm pregnant and on the day of my due smear It will be three weeks from when I ovulated and conceived. I plan on telling the nurse before I go ahead with my smear. I've read that pregnancy can interfere with smear results. I'm not sure i want her to go poking around my cervix in these early stages. I had an early loss at 5 weeks about 18 months ago. What is likely to happen?

At my first midwife apt she asked me if I had had a smear since having my DD and I said no. She told me to make an apt 2 months after this birth. It wasn´t even an option for me whilst being pregnant. I didn´t ask why though.

I'm not sure you can have smear tests when pregnant...

I was due mine when pregnant with dd and they said to delay until 6 months postpartum to minimise cervical/hormone changes after pregnancy and childbirth. I would see what the nurse says but I'm pretty sure they won't do it...

Thanks ladies. Glad I'm not the only one who has encountered this. Guess I'll have to see what they say I guess. I missed my last one and had to reschedule to get his appointment so the least I can do is turn up and explain I guess...

I was in the same position as you with my last pregnancy. I'd had an abnormal result, then a normal one, but they wouldn't consider a smear when I fell pregnant so I had to wait til bub was born. I'd ring them and explain, then they can offer your apt to someone else and maybe give you advice over the phone. Good luck!

Update, I attended appointment but couldn't performs smear. The nurse actually came off really rudely. She don't congratulate me on my pregnancy or even ask if I was happy about it. She simply said
"oh that's come at an inconvenient time then."
She didn't go on to tell me what would happen now, I had to ask. And I said its not all bad as my last smear showed singn of improvement and my coloscopy when was normal. She just acted as if I was a huge inconvinience she couldn't be bothered to deal with. If anyone was inconvenienced it was me. I'm the one with the dodgey smear results who can't have one because I'm unexpectanly pregnant. Even though I'm overjoyed at the fact. Anyway. Hope I don't have to see her again. I actually felt the need to say sorry for wasting your time at the end. She said nothing in response.

I'm tempted.... She didn't offer me any info about early pregnancy or offer to make an appointment after my due date. Not that I have one yet, not that she even asked if I did. The lady I had last time I went for smear was lovely as well....

deffo report her thats appauling coming from a so called professional

I would report her, that's really rude. :nope:

As an aside, I've had one done during both pregnancies as it's routine to do here in the US at our first prenatal appointment. I had very slight spotting with this pregnancy and none with my first, other than that there were no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->