3 Years, 3 months

Odd Socks

Mummy to 2 girls.
Reaction score
DD2 has weaned.

Goodness, I remember posting on here before she was born, worrying that I wouldn't manage to breastfeed her after failing miserably with DD1, nevermind getting to 3 years!

Last weekend, she said she would have mummy milk for 3 more days (I didn't quite take her word for it, since she's made similar announcements several times over the past 6 months or so), then counted down each day, & on Wednesday, she said she doesn't have mummy milk anymore. I wouldn't say she self weaned 100% of her own accord, since I was ready to stop, & did plant the seed in her mind a while ago, & we'd talked about it a few times, but she's not too upset by it, & if she does stop for a moment & ask, she's placated with me saying she doesn't have it anymore & that she's a big girl now.

I feel a little emotional, since we're not having more children, & DD1 told me that I don't need my boobs now, so we could cut them off (er, no thanks!), but I'm happy we made it so far & that I got to experience a good breastfeeding journey :)

Ah that's lovely, congratulations on your amazing achievement. Hopefully you'll be fine if it was gradual but wanted to let you know I was really hormonal and emotional after we stopped bf.
xx

Aww so lovely! Congratulations on such a long breastfeeding journey! <3

Congrats on an amazing bfing journey!

I remember our kiddos are the exact same age - I'm a little jealous, mine is an addict and I don't think will ever stop lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->