3 yr old and Preschool

KristinaE

Reaction score
My dd is 3 yrs old (Mikayla). All throughout Summer I was looking for a 3yr preschool program that I liked. In the end I found one but was too late and needed to be on a wait list. I would like to do a sort of homeschool year for her. Any suggestions on what to do besides teaching her the alphabet and numbers? I know a lot of the 3 yr preschool is socialization which is why I have her in a gymnastics program as well. TIA

We are homeschooling Casen for preschool, he is 4. I think the basics you should start with are shapes, colors, counting and recognizing letters. We are currently using the book Teach Your Child To Read in 100 Easy Lessons for reading...he is already reading some which is why we are doing that. He knows all letters, sounds they make and how to write them. We are also ordering the Math U See program...I think the primer one might be good for her...we are getting alpha for Casen. I would really just go off of her, if she is interested in certain things I would focus on that

not entirely sure , why not give a pre school a ring and ask if they would mind giving you some ideas as to what will be usefull for him to know when he starts school.
i guess numbers colours, shapes, sizes, basic maths ?( after numbers are mastered i mean) basic reading (again after the alphabet is sorted) maybe use flash cards for actions / names etc..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->