**30 Day Shred-Jillian Michaels**anyone else who wants to join???!

Holy crap :rofl:

there are moves that i found it impossible to do the first time such as plank jacks - jumping jacks whilst in a plank position, but after 4 attempts i pushed myself to be able to do almost all of them.

:shock: OK please dont laugh at me if i manage 5 minutes & send the other 15 trying to get up off the floor!!!
just read that we need ...
floor space - check!
trainers - check!
a mat - check!
weights - errrmmm do you think tins of beans will be OK!???:haha:

i think id rather go by inches rather then weight to start with so thats all good :)

:haha: Me tooooo

I think weights will be important, I got some hand weights out of TK Maxx ages ago, and they were cheap. Any sports shop should do them.

My inner fatty is coming out for a final look this evening. I've had a very loaded brie and cranberry panini with crisps for dinner and now I'm yucking into some cinnamon french toast :rofl:

hehe dont ive just eaten stirfry for tea & munching pavlova for afters mmmm

ive just been setting up/writing down a healty eating plan !!! :coffee:

& ive done my measurements... and im fatter then i thought :( ... but not for long :happydance:

Hey good luck :)

Again I'm not doing the shred but when starting weight training just keep in mind that you WILL be super sore the next day, especially if you've never done it before, but taking a warm bath and doing a proper warmup/stretch after the routine will help. Also it's important to start again with the next workout, even when sore, because if you keep putting it off, it gets worse. Working out actually helps with the DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness). Most of all, consistency is key! Good luck!

hi mummytoamberx
thanks i'll deffo have to get some weights then!
if you do get on well tomorrow would be fab to have you ''join our thread'' the more the merrier, but dont over do your knee!!
before day 9 how did you find it - im preparing for lots of aches & pains the 1st week :blush:

Thanks you.

Think was probably day 2 i ached very badly BUT i did 3/4 of it in the morning then LO woke up so i redid it in the evening, so may just been because of that, slight ache day 3, day 4 onwards was fine.
(Also when i did it i didnt use any weights)

Im feeling pretty decent today so give it a bash, not done it with 8lb weights yet so see how it goes haha!

Have you started? :)

DAY 1

OK im alive... just about!!!

i finished the stage 1 routine about 25 mins ago - ive had a cold shower afterwards and i still look like a lobster & am physically shaking!!!!! my body is already aching & i know its going to get alot worse.

routines fab - definatly pushes me to & beyond my limits!! i was begging the end to hurry up by the time circut 2 came round lol. i found the sit up/crunches & push ups really really hard!! i tried to do a full push up & couldnt even do one - i managed to get a few half ones in, i am sooooo unfit!!!

well hope you've done yours by now avalanche - or after reading that you wont want to :haha: catch up with you later :thumbup:

oh & i did mine without weights LOL - think i will get some & introduce them next week.

roll on DAY 2!

DAY 1

OK im alive... just about!!!

i finished the stage 1 routine about 25 mins ago - ive had a cold shower afterwards and i still look like a lobster & am physically shaking!!!!! my body is already aching & i know its going to get alot worse.

routines fab - definatly pushes me to & beyond my limits!! i was begging the end to hurry up by the time circut 2 came round lol. i found the sit up/crunches & push ups really really hard!! i tried to do a full push up & couldnt even do one - i managed to get a few half ones in, i am sooooo unfit!!!

well hope you've done yours by now avalanche - or after reading that you wont want to :haha: catch up with you later :thumbup:

Fantastic job! Shaking is normal if you haven't done strength training in years or ever. You are activating muscles and tissue that you've never used before. It is 100% normal for an untrained female to not be able to do a full pushup. The great thing is that you can progress.

Hell I remember not doing 1 pushup, I can now do 50 full straight, after many years, it's all about progression! Stick to it, good luck!

Phew! Just finished! I had to do it as I was starving, and convinced myself that if I did it then I could have my coffee and low fat bagel afterwards!

I LOVED it! :happydance: I'm going to be so chuffed if we see results for exercising just 20 minutes a day!

I did a mix of following Annita and Natalie depending on how fit I was at various exercises. Followed Annita (beginners) for cardio, and Natalie (more advanced) for abs. Thankfully I was fine following Annita and don't feel my chest at all and no wheezing. I wouldn't want to up it any more than that though :lol: I had 2 x 1kg weights.

I didn't manage full press-ups either, just did the half ones that Annita was doing :thumb up: I think I'm going to stay on Level 1 until I can manage all the excises at Natalie's pace.

I am feeling achey but a good achey. Need to go and have a warm shower in a bit once I've cooled down.

I think by Day 4 I'm going to be crawling out of bed :rofl:

Oh and this month I am only making small changes to my diet. Next month I plan to start eating healthier.

Like today for breakfast I am having coffee with no sugar, low fat bagel with hardly any butter on it. Normally it would be drowning :haha:

hey thank you aliss - you made me feel alot better :D the thing im not looking forward to most is doing it all over again tomorrow when i know im going to be aching like mad - but i know i HAVE too!!!

wooohoooo well done avalanche, glad we both survived day 1!!
well you must be much more fit then you thought... no moaning or wingeing like me :hehe:

i feel like going to bed :rofl: but unfortunatly i have to walk dd3 20min to nursery, walk 20min back do the cleaning & then do the nursery pick up!! (my other girls arrive home from school by school taxi) OH has agreed to my healty eating plan so we are going to do that together - grilled chicken & salad for tea! :happydance:

I imagine I've got some muscle memory left, but my cardio is awful! During the warm-up where you have to jumping jacks I was puffing and red in the face :rofl: I was like 'oh shit, this is just the WARMUP!'

Walking will be good today for you, help stretch your muscles slowly and keep them moving.

Healthy eating plan sounds great! let me know how you get on.

How often are you going to check inch loss? I think I'm going to weigh myself once a week, and check inches after each level.

I had to use 2.5kg weights not 4.5kg.

Well done on completing it! I can feel my fitness improvef since i last used it so im happy.

Makes feel any better i stil/ struggle with push ups been almost a year, well fatty arms i had.

I had to use 2.5kg weights not 4.5kg.

Well done on completing it! I can feel my fitness improvef since i last used it so im happy.

Makes feel any better i stil/ struggle with push ups been almost a year, well fatty arms i had.

I just noticed, we have the exact same number of lbs to lose :thumbup:

Surely not if bmi 27 now? or you already lost alot?
Mine started at 38.

I imagine I've got some muscle memory left, but my cardio is awful! During the warm-up where you have to jumping jacks I was puffing and red in the face :rofl: I was like 'oh shit, this is just the WARMUP!'

Walking will be good today for you, help stretch your muscles slowly and keep them moving.

Healthy eating plan sounds great! let me know how you get on.

How often are you going to check inch loss? I think I'm going to weigh myself once a week, and check inches after each level.

yeah me too!! haha. i enjoyed all the cardio bits (even though i was too puffing & sweating!!) its the strength bit that got me!

i need to get some scales ASAP! so if we do 2 weeks on each stage then thats fortnightly measurements - sounds great :) im thinking doing dvd mon-fri & leaving weekends, not only for a rest :)blush:) but id hate to do it infront of my OH!!! (he'd proberly secretly vid me & put it on you tube!! :nope:)

Surely not if bmi 27 now? or you already lost alot?
Mine started at 38.

I'm 5'9 which is why the BMI will be different, I would ideally like to lose 32lbs but I'll have to see. I'm not too bothered about weight if I'm putting on muscle :)

im thinking doing dvd mon-fri & leaving weekends, not only for a rest :)blush:) but id hate to do it infront of my OH!!! (he'd proberly secretly vid me & put it on you tube!! :nope:)

My OH walked in from work this morning while I was doing the exercises :rofl: He never comes home during the day and he thought he'd surprise me. I was leaping around the living room bright read in the face looking very unattractive :rofl:

i got the dvd befor my wedding thinking i will get down to 10 stone but did it 1st day give it my all and almosted died i couldnt walk for a full week but after that i re did it and it got easyer but i gave up a week befor the wedding with to much on but stsrted agane yesterday and my legs are killing me today. Iam going to do it every day tuch wood (not done it yet today porb do it after school run) but did just mo the garden and it is 100ft x100ft.

I've got this DVD. I was thinking about joining in with you girls, but it's too flipping hot today to be leaping around my sitting room :haha:

I hope you all don't mind me stalking. I'm not doing the shred but it would be nice to join a strength training group :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->