**30 Day Shred-Jillian Michaels**anyone else who wants to join???!

nanomey

Reaction score
i have just got the dvd after really good reviews... and plan on starting up tomorrow.
anyone got it or thinking of getting it & want to buddy up & do it with me!?
otherwise has anyone done it & any tips etc to get through it & is it as good as everyone says!?

thank you
ive got about 2 stone to lose, have not weighed myself yet for exact weight.

I'd love to do it but don't know how I would realistically fit it into my day... I go swimming at night most nights after Tegan is in bed and don't have much spare time during the day :lol:

How fit do you have to be? I had great fitness up until February when I got pneumonia and pleurisy and now my fitness is rubbish! I really need a kick start.

Is there any diet restriction or is it just an exercise routine? Do you need to buy any DVD/Book to go with it?

Hey!
I do it :). Sister Rose does it too.
I don't do it every day, I do it as part of my weekly routine (I go running and do a bootcamp class too).
It's good! When I first started, I planned to do it for the 30 consecutive days, but after about 8 days my ankles started to hurt. I think it's coz I was doing it in my living room with no trainers on.
xx

Avalanche - Theres 3 20 minute levels to it which progressively get harder.

I've only done level 1 so far and it got me working out at a good pace - mix of cardio and toning with raised heart rate. It's a DVD which has an easier option.

Good luck nanomey! I'm doing alot of gym at the moment will try and fit some in next week. Let us know what you think of it tomorrow.

Nanomey, I'll try this with you tomorrow :thumbup:

I was a bit naughty and downloaded it, but I need to see if I'll be able to do it after being so ill. If it's a good level for me then I'll take the plunge and buy it.

I need to make an effort to eat breakfast in the mornings too as I always skip breakfast and have a big lunch, so not great for my metabolism.

I was a bit naughty and downloaded it, but I need to see if I'll be able to do it after being so ill. If it's a good level for me then I'll take the plunge and buy it.

I need to make an effort to eat breakfast in the mornings too as I always skip breakfast and have a big lunch, so not great for my metabolism.

There's a lady who does 'easier' options if you need them - I reckon you'll do great!:thumbup:

xx

Thanks hun. I'm really de-motivated atm.

Last Christmas I was running 10miles at a time, doing 6 mile marches with 20kgs(44lbs) on my back and feeling great. Then I went away with the Army with a chest infection, thought I'd be ok and after a couple of nights in the field ended up in hospital for a week with pneumonia and pleurisy. Very silly of me, and my fitness has gone to 0 now. Even lugging in the food shopping form the car and I'm knackered. I have put on LOADS of weight now too, to the point that I'm in such bad shape I can't train with the Army until I get my fitness back. :(

I really need a fitness kick as all I keep thinking is how lethargic and rubbish I feel now. I'm totally stuck in a rut.

Ok, added a ticker to my signature so that means I have to do it :rofl:

Thanks hun. I'm really de-motivated atm.

Last Christmas I was running 10miles at a time, doing 6 mile marches with 20kgs(44lbs) on my back and feeling great. Then I went away with the Army with a chest infection, thought I'd be ok and after a couple of nights in the field ended up in hospital for a week with pneumonia and pleurisy. Very silly of me, and my fitness has gone to 0 now. Even lugging in the food shopping form the car and I'm knackered. I have put on LOADS of weight now too, to the point that I'm in such bad shape I can't train with the Army until I get my fitness back. :(

I really need a fitness kick as all I keep thinking is how lethargic and rubbish I feel now. I'm totally stuck in a rut.

:hugs:
You'll soon get your fitness back! It'll just take a little bit of time.
Before I had LO, I used to do loads of running. I've done loads of 10Ks and a few half marathons. But when I started running again in January 2011, I couldn't do 10 minutes without stopping to walk 3 times. I've gradually just built it up from there, and can comfortably run about 7.5m now. I could probably do more, but I've not tried yet.
You'll get there! Keep at it!
Good luck, Avalanche :flower:
xx

PS - you've been poorly! So, don't be too hard on yourself. xx

hey really glad your gonna have a go with me :happydance:

i am sooooo unfit!!!! and totally de-motivated lol...

id worked really hard after dd3 to get back in my 8's & was weighing about 8stone within 3 months of being over the moon i was finally 'normal' i got preg with ds(4) & that says it all really!! i remember at my 1st 10wk ante-natal i was 8.6 - i need to weigh my self to get an exact weight now (i dont own scales!) but im sure im about 10.5 & im a size 12/14 - totally been binging out & not doing anough to keep fit! ive quit smoking 15 days ago & so nows a good time to get motivated & id like to get back into all my pre-natal 8-10 clothing!

i heard about the jillian michaels dvd & reviews have backed up its fab... so here we go... bring on the 30 day shred!!!

im going to do mine in the am when ds napped - around 9.30am. i'll be sure to come on here & let you all know how session 1 goes :)

thanks to everyone that commented & avalanche - we can do this!!:thumbup:

Yes, we can do this! :thumbup: I am feeling an ever increasing sense of dread though :rofl:

I'll do measurements tonight, and pictures. Ideally I'd like to lose 10lbs in a month which is a healthy 2-3lbs a week. If I could lose a stone though I'd be over the moon as then that would almost be halfway to my goal.

I reckon this is going to hurt, a lot :haha:

I think I'll be doing my workout in the mornings too. We should check in at lunch time and make sure we've both done it :rofl:

Yes, we can do this! :thumbup: I am feeling an ever increasing sense of dread though :rofl:

I'll do measurements tonight, and pictures. Ideally I'd like to lose 10lbs in a month which is a healthy 2-3lbs a week. If I could lose a stone though I'd be over the moon as then that would almost be halfway to my goal.

I reckon this is going to hurt, a lot :haha:

I think I'll be doing my workout in the mornings too. We should check in at lunch time and make sure we've both done it :rofl:

HAHA great idea!! - you sound exactly the kind of buddy i need!! :haha:

ummm yeah ive been staring at the dvd case all w/e thinking ''20min of exercise a day... cant be that bad - surely!? ... but the dread things kicking in here too & ive got a feeling it is not going to be easy!!!:dohh:

great idea, i cant weigh my self tonight (no scales) but ill do all my measurements & take pics too!! i think if i could lose anything this month it would be fab :D

I read reviews online, one of them being "beware, this will kill you! But I mean it in a good way! This is, without any shadow of a doubt, the most intensive workout DVD I've ever tried"

Erm....ok. Kill me in a good way? :rofl:

I think I might do Level 1 for a couple of weeks as I'm not sure I'll be fit enough to move through the levels week by week.

I wouldn't worry about not having scales, better to go by measurements and how you feel anyway. :)

I'm excited, but scared :lol:

Holy crap :rofl:

there are moves that i found it impossible to do the first time such as plank jacks - jumping jacks whilst in a plank position, but after 4 attempts i pushed myself to be able to do almost all of them.

Holy crap :rofl:

there are moves that i found it impossible to do the first time such as plank jacks - jumping jacks whilst in a plank position, but after 4 attempts i pushed myself to be able to do almost all of them.

:shock: OK please dont laugh at me if i manage 5 minutes & send the other 15 trying to get up off the floor!!!
just read that we need ...
floor space - check!
trainers - check!
a mat - check!
weights - errrmmm do you think tins of beans will be OK!???:haha:

i think id rather go by inches rather then weight to start with so thats all good :)

Not my cup of tea with lifting but I hear lots of great things! Good luck!

Hi

I started this got to day 9 injured my knee, my own fault really, but got to go careful if had previous knee problem.

Im tempted to start it again to be honest, i'll try it tomorrow see how it 'feels' go from there.

Yes, i do recommend you use weights, or something with good feel to them, really helps ALOT, esp on burning calories.

hi mummytoamberx
thanks i'll deffo have to get some weights then!
if you do get on well tomorrow would be fab to have you ''join our thread'' the more the merrier, but dont over do your knee!!
before day 9 how did you find it - im preparing for lots of aches & pains the 1st week :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->