30 days... No sugar!

I just realized I haven't written here what I ate in a few days!
-This morning I had my standard sandwich-whole wheat, ham, Colby jack, tomato and raw spinach
-A banana
-Whole wheat toast with apple butter (it's made with only apple, cane sugar and spices... Is that bad? It's SO yummy, it's gotta be bad!)
-Rib-eye steak with mashed potatoes and a salad
-An oatmeal raisin cookie

Today was not a great eating day. Oops. :blush:

Apple butter sounds amazing!!

I had oatmeal for breakfast but with apricots and peanut butter instead of raisins!

Lunch was leftover pasta.

Dinner was brown rice with spinach, tofu and chickpea curry.

Snacks:

- veggie juice
- dried mango
- pasta dipped in mayonnaise (don't ask, it was a low point)
- melon

I've been meaning to ask, do any of you take any supplements?

Amy, have you started your fitness journal yet?

I don't take any supplements. I never have.

I haven't started my fitness journal yet. I can't start the 30 day shred until next week because of a family emergency...I've got to travel 6 hours tomorrow, back on Saturday. So I should start my fitness journal and the 30 day shred on Monday! :thumbup:

Just seconding what Stephie said Aimee hope all is ok with your family :0( x

Ah Stephie don't worry I've eaten some yummy choccie biccys today with some mummy friends lol so back on the bandwagon tomorrow lol. The reason I came online to write a post is that I have this book with various recipes for toddler recipes that I always use to cook for lo (I'm not a natural in the kitchen ha ha). I wanted to share one of the recipes from there that I loved when I made it the other day for lunch. It is:
Chopped cucumber (a quarter)
Grated carrot (about a half)
A spring onion chopped up
Large handful of raisins. Mix these in a bowl with tablespoon of lemon juice (I added more) and some olive oil.
Meanwhile cook off some cous cous. When the cous cous is cooked mix in the other ingredients and voila a super quick, easy and healthy lunch. It was seriously delicious!!

Twinks this sounds delicious!

Breakfast was oatmeal (I am so boring) - its always topped with peanut butter and my current variation is with apricots.

Lunch - bean burrito

Dinner - brown rice and veggies and these veggie burger type things baked in the oven. They weren't very good - a bit mushy!

Snacks:
- more dried apricot
- cereal with almond milk
- muesli bar

X

I've been slack posting tips! Sorry :)

I'm sure we all know about the glycemic index but she makes the point that following a low GI diet not only prevents nasty diseases but also helps to reverse them. The difference between high GI foods and low GI foods lies mostly in the amount of fiber they contain. Fiber slows the digestion of sugars and keeps your blood sugars even.

Fruits, veggies and whole grains are mostly low GI so get a big :thumbup:

Breakfast - you guessed it... Oats!

Lunch was a falafel wrap.

Dinner - not sure! DH is ordering takeout while I put baby down. Hopefully Thai :)

Snacks:

- dried apricots
- cucumber
- wheat biscuits (not sure what they were, had them at a friends place but they weren't too sweet.
- Ella's kitchen smoothie pouch

I hope you all have a great weekend!! X

I'm feeling very proud of myself, I had a very healthy day today! Which is good after my Father's Day slip up! We celebrated on Saturday because Sunday is a working day here and I had a chocolate chip soy frapacinno! DH made me :(

Breakfast - muesli with soy milk (first non porridge breakfast in months)

Lunch - veggie soup with toast

Dinner - mash potato with lentils

Snacks:
- kiwi fruit
- pear
- cereal
- veggies shared with LO.

Over half way there... Anyone else still around? X

I'm still here! Ugh, when traveling though it is so hard to eat well! But I'm back and ready to clean up my diet.

I'm in a clean eating challenge that starts the 24th on Facebook. 30 days of clean eating! I'm so excited, it coincides well with my decision to finally get my butt in gear and lose the rest of this baby weight!

I'm still around too but I haven't had a good weekend lol! Oops! Went to visit my parents and it has been treats galore! We went to the seaside this morning so I had a hot chocolate and Belgian bun. Too yummy :0) Won't even post the rest of today's food as it wasn't good! Back on things tomorrow though. I'm at wok tomorrow too which helps me to not focus on food! Are u guys back at your pre pregnancy weight? I keep flitting between 4-6lbs heavier than before I was pregnant and just can't seem to shift the last bit. I've walked a lot this weekend though so that's me trying to stay fit :-D

I'm not back to my pre-preg weight. I was only about 7 lbs over as of about 3-4 months ago. But as of 2 weeks ago I'm up to 13 lbs over, so I've gained back weight I lost after pregnancy! :dohh:

That makes me even more motivated to get fit again! I'm tired of this muffin top!

Alright y'all! My fitness journal is officially started!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/dieting-journals/1895127-aimee4311-getting-fit.html#post27945517

Warning- there will be pics. And they're probably not pretty! If you'd like to follow my journey though, feel free!

I will add the link to my siggy when I get on my computer.

I'll be following along Aimee!

Twinks I'm about 5 pounds over my pre pregnancy weight, which I've actually put on since about 1 month pp!! Lol! I blame breastfeeding which has pushed my appetite through the roof and no time to exercise!

I'd love to start looking good again, I feel like such a slob! This month has been a great motivator to clean up my diet though!

Breakfast : cereal and soy milk

Lunch: leftover mash and lentils from last night

Dinner: pasta with tofu, sweet potato and peas

Snacks:
- oat cakes
- kiwi fruit
- strawberries
- cereal

I'll be following too Aimee :0)

Stephie, lol tell me about it- I've got friends that the weight just dropped off when they breast fed. I breast fed and my appetite seemed to increased ten times lol! Joking aside, I do seem to struggle with keeping my weight stable since having a baby. Always used to have quite a fast metabolic rate but it seems to have changed and I can't just eat what I want anymore. Boo lol! Stephen you've had such a healthy day- you've had a lot of yummy fruit too. I've had a good day too and just feel very tired after working all day.

When did you go back to work Twinks? That must make eating healthy even harder! You must be so tired! Now I've got a baby I have a whole new appreciation and respect for working parents!

Today I had:

- oat porridge
- kiwi fruit
- pear
- left over pasta
- oat cakes
- cereal with soy milk
- dinner will be rice, lentils and veggies.

True confession time: I had chocolate last night and then a frapacinno from Starbucks today :( so mad at myself!! I'm like an addict, seriously. My weekend has totally derailed me. I'm promising myself no more slip ups until the end of the month!!

When I was still working I found it easier to eat healthily because I made my own breakfasts, lunches and snacks and ate them there. Then got home and cooked something healthy. Of course that was pre-baby and I had all the time in the world, so I'm sure that's much harder to do with a LO!

It's harder for me not to eat when food is so readily available here at home. I've been trying really hard though. Yesterday I got hungry so I drank some water, then ate a peach, then waited a half hour to see if I was still actually hungry. And I wasn't!

When did you go back to work Twinks? That must make eating healthy even harder! You must be so tired! Now I've got a baby I have a whole new appreciation and respect for working parents!

Today I had:

- oat porridge
- kiwi fruit
- pear
- left over pasta
- oat cakes
- cereal with soy milk
- dinner will be rice, lentils and veggies.

True confession time: I had chocolate last night and then a frapacinno from Starbucks today :( so mad at myself!! I'm like an addict, seriously. My weekend has totally derailed me. I'm promising myself no more slip ups until the end of the month!!

Lol Starbucks is lethal right- I can't walk past one without indulging in a hot chocolate!

I went back to work in March but only part time. I work 2-3 days a week teaching kids :0) Love my job and usually I don't feel so tired but this week I feel constantly exhausted- and it's not my lo as he's been so good this week. Think it's that time of the month :0( I think I have it easy working part time as all of the 12 other girls from my post natal group have returned to work full time and I think that's so hard and have so much admiration for them all. Are u girls going back to work? I don't know if you have tickers as I message off my phone and it doesn't let me see them so how old are your Los? Do u have one or two or more? My partner and I are thinking of ttc again in September as we want a close age gap (my lo is almost 13 months now) so defo need the weight off lol! X

I've only got Josalyn- she's 7 months 1 week and 6 days old (according to my ticker! Lol)

I'm not planning on going back to work unless something drastic happens with our finances that I need to.

We'll probably start Ttc in about 2ish years. We want an age gap of about 3-3.5 years, and we only want 2. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->