30 days... No sugar!

Aimee- I have a real soft spot for sandwiches too :-D I feel really heavy today girls so I need to push through the sugar cravings! I've just had cereal for breakfast. My weak point is the evenings as I tend to snack in front of the telly a lot! Well done everyone keep going :0)

Everyone is doing so great!! Now I really want mac and cheese! I make a great vegan version and its super healthy - sometimes I make it with rice pasta and it tastes much lighter.

Evenings are worst for me too, maybe because we are more tired?

I had today:

- usual breakfast of porridge

And then snacks all day of:

- mango
- oat cakes
- tofu and spinach roll (frozen)
- avocado
- freshly squeezed mixed veggie juice
- bowl of cereal.

For dinner tonight we are having Thai takeout! Yum I can't wait (just waiting for LO to fall asleep!). We are having red curry and cashew tofu.

I think we all need more protein in our diets, and more nuts!!!

I'm (re)reading a fantastic cleanse book (crazy sexy diet - she had cancer and beat it with a whole foods raw vegan diet). She's got some great tips about cleaning up your diet. She's also very friendly to carnivores (it's not an all or nothing approach). When I get a minute I'll post some of her tips.

X

Here are some interesting suggestions from the book I'm reading. These tips are for a very clean diet - I don't find this kind of eating sustainable in the long term but it’s food for thought:
- cut out sugar completely. It's habit forming and wreaks havoc on your blood sugar levels, mood, and weight. Avoid all artificial sweeteners.
- simple carbs like white bread, pasta and pastries are basically sugar in disguise (I agree with this with the exception of wholemeal variety breads and I understood even white flour pasta is low GI?!)
- choose most of your foods from the low glycemic index scale.
- consider going gluten free for a while to see if it makes you feel good/better.
- cut down or eliminate caffeine and alcohol.
It’s a really detailed book so I will try post some summary tips from it repeatedly over the rest of the month.

Cutting out artificial sweeteners is tough. I use a lot of Splenda!

Bananaz you should try stevia, you can get it in little packets like Splenda and its all natural! X

Last night I had the most intense sugar craving after dinner so I made some freezer fudge - almond butter, coconut oil, stevia, dash of salt and some cinnamon in the freezer for 15 mins ... It was awesomely delicious.

Breakfast, same as usual.

Lunch we went to PQ (it's in the USA, not sure about UK) and had a yummy open sandwich with avocado, chickpeas and tahini.

We also had sandwiches for a late afternoon snack! You've subconsciously made me crave sandwiches Aimee :)

Snacks have been dried mango.

Tonight is pizza night :)

X

Hi every1 :)
Stephie thanks for all the encouragement & tips.
Im currently gluten free & caffine free & almost alcohol free.

Ive been juicing away. Today:
Pear, apple cucumber, celery
Pear, apple, grapes celery

Dinner was a homemade lentil dal.
For eve snack I had some roasted been mix - great for protein & not as fattening as nuts.

Ive been a long time vegetarian however a few months ago I started eating fish, which was hard but the chinese dr thought it would really help with lttc. That's my motivation for cutting sugar & trying to lose a few pounds.

Good luck everyone xx

Great job threebirds! Good luck ttc!

Stephie, I haven't had a sandwich today! :happydance:

I can't believe I forgot to post my easiest and yummiest sugar free recipe:

- peel, slice and freeze a ripe banana or two
- place in your food processor and blend until light and fluffy

This makes the best ice cream in the world. The key is to keep processing until its really light and fluffy. You can do all kinds of add ins too: other fruits, peanut butter, flaked coconut etc.,

I had porridge for breakfast and we had friends over for brunch. They love meat so it's always a bit of a joke when they come to ours for veggie eats:

- scrambled tofu
- homemade baked beans
- roast tomato
- homemade hashbrowns
- avocado
- spinach and garlic

It was delicious, even if I do say so myself!

Threebirds, I love lentil dal! And roast chickpeas make a really good snack too!

Good luck with your TTC xxx

Three birds I know this is soo not on the topic (and hope you don't mind me throwing this out there) but have u tried Brazil nuts of you're ttc? My doctor told me to eat 3 a day when we were ttc our lo and it might just have been coincidence but I fell pregnant on my very next cycle lol. Plus they were yummy :0) Sorry if you know about them already. You're so good eating fish- I'm veggie too and always worry I'm not getting good enough vitamins and minerals!

Breakfast: banana and milk blended into a milkshake
Mid morning: yogurt
Lunch: egg mayo sandwich
Tea: homemade vegetable curry

Thanks every1, really appreciate the encouragement & advice :)
Twinks, love nuts & eat quite a lot of brazil nuts, walnuts, cashews, but thanks for suggestion. Any other tips or ideas most welcome!

Im finding the no sugar really hard. Ive never been one for sweetners but I do like a bit of choc in the eve :-( Fell off the wagon tonight but will keep going with this.

Good luck everyone.
Love the sharing of healthy eating ideas: sliced advocado & tomato on rice crakers.
Its bbq weather where I am & tonight we had veg kebabs, corn on cob & haloumi on the bbq :)

xxx

So there are three veggies on this thread!?! Awesome!

Threebirds night time is always the hardest for me. I think my body is conditioned to expect sweets after dinner otherwise I don't feel satisfied. I'm going to try avoid giving dessert to my LO so he avoids the same association. I think if you are TTC it's really important not to be afraid of (good) fats - actually this goes for everyone really. Fat is essential for so many processes in the body including hormonal ones. I'd avoid refined sugars/carbs and focus on good fat sources like coconut oil, nuts etc. You all probably know this but it's hard not to get caught up in the low fat diet fad.

Twinks you eat so healthy!!

Keep up the good work everyone!! X

Does anyone else here love avocado? Before I got pregnant with Josalyn I couldn't stand it. But now I love it!

I had it twice yesterday :blush:

What else can you do with it other than guacamole (yum!) and having it sliced like on a burger or sandwich? Any ideas?

Oh, I forgot to add here... As soon as I can get to my computer to make my parenting journal in my signature into a pretty link (hyperlink?? I'm not very tech savvy!) I'm going to start a fitness journal!

I ordered Jillian Michaels 30 day shred which should be here Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. I'll start then!

I've been planning to restart P90x, but it is so difficult and is such a time commitment. Each day is 60-90 minutes! The 30 day shred is much shorter and more manageable, so I'll use it to get me back into working out before moving on to P90x.

Anyone else want to join me?

So there are three veggies on this thread!?! Awesome!

Threebirds night time is always the hardest for me. I think my body is conditioned to expect sweets after dinner otherwise I don't feel satisfied. I'm going to try avoid giving dessert to my LO so he avoids the same association. I think if you are TTC it's really important not to be afraid of (good) fats - actually this goes for everyone really. Fat is essential for so many processes in the body including hormonal ones. I'd avoid refined sugars/carbs and focus on good fat sources like coconut oil, nuts etc. You all probably know this but it's hard not to get caught up in the low fat diet fad.

Twinks you eat so healthy!!

Keep up the good work everyone!! X

Lol thanks! However I seem to only post when I've had a good day!! You don't want to know how much I usually eat sugar wise! I think I'm totally addicted to sugar but I'm still trying really hard. Crisps with dip and chocolate are just too yummy!
Breakfast: weetabix and milk with a banana
Mid morning: yogurt x2
Lunch: two slices of granary bread with two poached eggs
Tea: homemade vegetable cous cous
7pm snack to curb the sugar craving- toast

Ohh I long for a chocolate bar- big sigh but I'm feeling so much better without the sugar!

Well done everyone you're all doing so well :-D

I agree, everyone is doing great!!

Twinks, poached eggs are a great source of protein. I'm also seriously craving chocolate but not had any slips yet!

Aimee we love avocados in our house!! I've done the 30 day shred and its pretty good - very manageable to fit into your day. I did find I started to get really sore shins though as its pretty high impact. Turbofire is another great one. I prefer it to the 30 day shred and she's got short and long workouts.

My food has been pretty bad these last two days. DH and I have a stomach flu (thankfully Cully has escaped it) but yesterday all I ate were crackers to combat nausea and today it's been cereal! Ha! Tomorrow I'll get back to the healthy eating - stomach flu gives you a free pass right?! X

It sure does, Stephie! :thumbup: I hope y'all are feeling better. OH and I had a stumach bug a few weeks ago. Miserable!

Gah! Major fail today! I'm so mad at myself, although it was more thoughtless eating than giving in to a sugar craving. Doh! We were at a play date and my girlfriend brought out a plate of vegan cookies she had bought. I ate two without even thinking! She got them just for me and I won't lie, they were delicious!

So breakfast was oatmeal and snacks of:

- cereal with almond milk
- melon
- oat cakes with peanut butter
- soy yogurt
- aforementioned cookies

And dinner will be lentil/tomato sauce with pasta.

I hope everyone had a good day! X

Here are really nice sharing. I appreciate that but i think just avoid to eating sugar is enough to weight loss. You must have to take a lot of care about your diet. Try to avoid fast food and also take low fat and carbs in your other diet. Drink green tea to burn extra calories. The second most important thing is that exercise. In exercise, I think cycling and swimming are best option.

Ah Stephie don't worry I've eaten some yummy choccie biccys today with some mummy friends lol so back on the bandwagon tomorrow lol. The reason I came online to write a post is that I have this book with various recipes for toddler recipes that I always use to cook for lo (I'm not a natural in the kitchen ha ha). I wanted to share one of the recipes from there that I loved when I made it the other day for lunch. It is:
Chopped cucumber (a quarter)
Grated carrot (about a half)
A spring onion chopped up
Large handful of raisins. Mix these in a bowl with tablespoon of lemon juice (I added more) and some olive oil.
Meanwhile cook off some cous cous. When the cous cous is cooked mix in the other ingredients and voila a super quick, easy and healthy lunch. It was seriously delicious!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->