30 something and TTC #1 for a year

Thanks MrsBea- heres hoping the foul mood turns into an excited BFP one!

Q- do you cont with vitB once you are pregnant?

Hello lovely ladies

How are you all doing for a Monday?

Well I decided I had to do something this cycle to stop (or maybe it fuels) the TTC stress. You may recall that I went to the docs a month ago because I was having pelvic pain. Well the doc referred me to an internal ultrasound and bloods. I saw the doc after who said:
- no thyroid issue
- no cysts
- free androgen index was slightly elevated (suggests PCOS) but scan confirmed no PCOS
He did not confirm if I was ovulating or had any hormonal balances because the bloods were not carried out on certain days in the cycle. He just wanted to check that things were generally OK. Anyway, I got a copy of my results. Now I know we don't have docs amongst us (I dont think) but I thought I would throw them out there to see if they mean anything to anybody. Im guessing not, otherwise doc would have said (maybe? he wasnt talking to me about fertility but we did touch on the topic).

SCAN
- Uterus anteverted and appears normal in size, shape and echopattern. Measures 76x36x46mm.
- Endometrius appears thin and regular measuring 7mm; LMP=3/7
- Both ovaries appear normal in size, shape and echotexture
- No free fluids or adnexal masses seen.

BLOODS (done on CD9, I think I ovulate on CD16)
(A whole load of results relating to full blood count - which appeared fine, won't post that here).
- Serum FSH level 3.0u/L
- Serum LH Level 2.8 u/L
- Serum progesterone <1 nmol/L. No biochemical indication of ovulation.
- Serum testosterone 2.3 nmol/L (0.5-3.0)
- Serum sex hormne glob 26 nmol/L (20-125)
- Free androgen index HI 8.8 (1.2-5.3) SR

Anybody have any thoughts?

Sorry mk8, none of that info means anything to me :shrug: Hopefully someone else will be able to make some sense of it!

No worries gettingbroody, I figured it was a long shot. How are you doing today?

I can't be much help on that stuff at this point either, except I know that your FSH number being low is a good thing (and 3 is definitely good and low)! Hopefully after I see my new doctor next week, I'll have some answers for you.

hello mk8,
how r u doing?
i took a break from bb during the week-end following a drop in temps at day 9... felt really depressed... anyway temps have been erratic for all month and still no sign of af... fx she stays away!!!

everything looks fine to me, apart from the FA but it is not much elevated. at which cd did you get the us?

Hey want2bmum. I'm sorry to hear that your temps dropped, but AF not here yet! FX! How are you doing otherwise?

Thanks for responding on the results. I had the US done on CD9 and the bloods on CD11.

I'm fine... better now, just found 2 charts very similar to mine in FF... i think this made my day ah ah ah

blood work and us seem within the norm to me for the days you were tested which is during the follicular phase.

this is good news, now just wait for the progesterone level to be done...

thanks want2be. have you tested??

want2be, your chart looks really promising, especially since it looks like you're normal LP is less than 12 days? so if you've made it to 12 dpo, that's a super good sign!! :thumbup: did you test today?

mmm.... no i didn't test today :blush:

I couldn't resist and I tested yesterday at 11dpo and gor a big fat negative...

so i thought i would test only if my temps looked really really good... which they don't...

i think my LP got extended because i took clomid and this is my first cycle so i don't have another one to compare it with...

plus the weirdest thing happened... I don't have any symptom any more... nothing at all... no cramps (which were quite bad by yesterday...) no sore bbs no sticking our freaking nipples no nothing...

i have had cramps from 5dpo to 11dpo...:shrug:

i don't know if i should test tomorrow... hubby is telling me not to... but this is because when i get a bfn i go bananas and get grumpy and i think he doesn't want to deal with me :haha:

if my temp goes far up (as it should if i am pregnant) i will test...

I think waiting till at least tomorrow is a good call. Are you sure that Clomid affects LP? I'd test tomorrow if your temp goes up or stays the same (it's still above the coverline by a fair bit, no?). Though there's also something to be gained from waiting as long as you can so you can get that super strong BFP! FX'd for you!

I think waiting till at least tomorrow is a good call. Are you sure that Clomid affects LP? I'd test tomorrow if your temp goes up or stays the same (it's still above the coverline by a fair bit, no?). Though there's also something to be gained from waiting as long as you can so you can get that super strong BFP! FX'd for you!

i am not sure any more :wacko:
read online several times that clomid may extend LP... but did a day long and very accurate search among all charts of FF and didn't find anything at all :shrug:

i mean, people with a 15-16 LP prior to clomid will have the same amount of days (a part from 1 person from whom clomid shortened LP by 2 days..) as well as people with 7-8-9-10-11 LP, unless they start taking progesterone supplements...

so I am puzzled now... if clomid didn't extend my LP, surely it would have been a BFP at 11dpo because that was the day before AF was supposed to come for me... if it did extend my LP instead... I think I must be a very rare case... I even posted a trhead on BB asking for someone who got LP extended and didn't find a single person :dohh:

so...not sure what to think...

I don't think you'd necessarily have a BFP by 11DPO, even though that's the day before AF was supposed to arrive for you. Apparently, the tests and stats about testing before AF (ie the ones that say __% accuracy __ days before AF) assume a 14 day LP. Sooo, that means that they're assuming you're 13 DPO 1 day before AF. But the egg can implant as late as 11 DPO, which would mean it wouldn't show up as a BFP until 13 or 14 DPO. So, I don't think a BFN at 11 DPO means you're out at all, regardless of when your AF was due. Not trying to get your hopes up, I promise, just hoping to help you stay positive :)

thank you :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

i will try to stay positive, let's see how temp goes tomorrow, if it drops a lot i'll be getting af by the end of the day and ended up with a LP of 12 days just 1 more than usual which is still possible...

if my temps stay up i'll test...

will keep you posted :winkwink:

my temp dropped a lot today....still no sign or symptoms of af but i'm sure it'll be here by tonight..

mk8 - Sorry I don't know anything about those #s.

want2b - :hugs:

Im CD3 today. Nothing to report. I won't even start OPKs until at least CD15.

want2b - sorry to hear your temps are dropping :hugs:

Think I'll definitely be going back to taking EPO next cycle because I'm currently stretched out on the couch with ov pains! I get them while taking EPO too but I think it helped a lot :shrug: Hopefully they won't last too long but for the moment I'm enjoying useless daytime tv!!:D Started opks ystrdy, only faint lines so far but they usually get dark very quickly so I'll test again this evening...

Hope everyone is having a nice Tuesday!!! :dust:

mk8 - Sorry I don't know anything about test results, have you googled them?

want2bemum - Sorry to hear your temps are dropping :hugs:.

Mrsg - I am with you cd2 today, I have no idea when I will O it was day 17 this cycle but 26 the cycle before so just going to kick back and try and relax a bit :coffee:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->