30-Somethings TTC#1

Ohh can I join this thread?

We are both 33 and have been TTC our first for 2 years.
We have had 2 losses along the way - 1 in March 2009 (12w) 1 in July 2010 (CP)

And a whole lot of BFN's on the months inbetween!!!

Test day this month is 10th August, but I'm pretty sure this months a miss already! :dohh:

Hey Ladies, welcome to all newbies.

Sorry I haven't been in, had a busy couple of weeks, we went to Benidorm for a few days and got home yesterday. We have managed lots of laidback :sex: so who knows, but I think I have overdone the booze a little as my tummy is very tender and crampy today.

Good luck to all the August ladies yet to test x x x

Quick question - I know I'm not young to be TTC No. 1 but do people think it's best to start counting/measuring/taking temps etc straight away or is it best to relax for a few months and see what happens and worry about things like that if nothing happens?

Hey ladies

I joined this lovely thread a couple of days ago and am just dropping by to say hello and hope you are all well. I'm on CD 12 and think I'm ovulating - I use the opk tests but am totally useless with them! Have started on Mumomega this month too - so hoping that helps to make this month the BFP month!

Fingers crossed for us all this month xxx

Hey,
I'm 30 and ttc 1st. On 10th cycle this month. Good luck everyone!

oh p.s. think my next AF is due end August maybe around 30th.

Hi floofy! I remember you from the team persistence thread! Hope you are doing ok?

I got my bfp yesterday at 13 dpo!

It's very early days but I'm so excited and just praying it sticks.

Good luck girlies! :dust:

Congrats Gemie!!

Hi Nora-Jo :wave:

hi Dan :wave:

Corina it's really up to you. I didn't start using opks until the 4th month but it really helped as I learnt I didn't O until Cd20 usually and not the magic cd14 that I had read about! I don't temp. Picked up some other things along the way that Ive tried some months but not others. Really up to you.

Well I've spent the weekend with family in Scotland for the christening if my brother's first baby. It was lovely and I got so many baby hugs :baby: I tried not to get sad at all as he is my nephew and Im entitled to cuddle him like mad. What did get me upset was my DH - I could tellhe so desperately wants our baby and it made me sad I haven't been able to give him one yet :cry:

I was pleased how I coped with all the 'it'll be your turn next'/ 'hurry up'/ 'don't you want children' (he is younger than me). Even managed to smile sweetly when my usually sensitive little sister went 'tick tock you'd better hurry up.' Grrrr.

Hey,
I'm 30 and ttc 1st. On 10th cycle this month. Good luck everyone!

oh p.s. think my next AF is due end August maybe around 30th.

Welcome Floofymad!! I'll get you on the front page!

I got my bfp yesterday at 13 dpo!

It's very early days but I'm so excited and just praying it sticks.

Good luck girlies! :dust:

WHOOHOOO, CONGRATS! I was wondering how you were doing, so glad to hear it's fabulous news!!! :dance:

HI Everyone- can I join again? I was on the other thread but dropped off due to travelling/work stress etc. :wacko::thumbup:
Congrats to all the BFPs this month so far!! That's amazing!
We've been trying for a couple of months but now we're under a bit of pressure as we have to move countries in a year and a half. I'm really hoping we can get pregnant before that and move with a little one because once I start my new job I'll have to wait to start trying.....aghhhh complicated.:dohh: Anyway I really need to focus on relaxing and having fun. I hope we can all help each other with that!!
I'm on CD1 so I won't be testing for a while.
Looking forward to seeing lots more BFPs here!

Of course, smurffette! Welcome back! I'm hoping it will continue to be a super lucky thread!

Ohh can I join this thread?

We are both 33 and have been TTC our first for 2 years.
We have had 2 losses along the way - 1 in March 2009 (12w) 1 in July 2010 (CP)

And a whole lot of BFN's on the months inbetween!!!

Test day this month is 10th August, but I'm pretty sure this months a miss already! :dohh:

:hugs: Oh, Dan-o, I hadn't seen your update about the cp. I'm so sorry to hear this!! :hugs: Welcome to this thread, and I hope the luck rubs off on all of us for extra sticky beanies!!!!!!

If I've missed any other front page updates, please let me know! Just getting back from visiting my family. It was fun to see my one year old nephew, but glad to be home!!

:wave: Waiting4Baby. Yeah I was on the team persistent thread. Still being persistent! :dohh:

Thanks for your lovely welcomes ladies. Hopefully this thread will be as lucky this month as it was last! :happydance:

GL everyone x x

Here's the picture of the cake I made for my nephew. I'm rather proud of it. :happydance:

Attachments

• Lucas' Birthday 001.jpg
    Lucas' Birthday 001.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 3
This month (August), AF came. For the next cycle, I'm taking the B50-Complex, which is a bunch of B vitamins that are supposed to make the luteal phase longer. I'll take the B50-Complex from cycle day 1 until one day after ovulation day. I'll also be using Softcup and Preseed.

Here's the picture of the cake I made for my nephew. I'm rather proud of it. :happydance:

Hey SuirrelGirl totally loving the cake, I am sure it went down well.

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend, I am on the final couple of days until Ramadan starts here and the fasting begins. Good news this year as I am now in a new job and my employer enforces Ramadan hours for all regardless of your religion so I get to go at 2pm every day. Going to make the most of it as I know we will be crazy busy when Ramadan ends. Who knows the extra rest and relaxation could be what I need to get a BFP. I should be O on Friday or Saturday so fingers crossed we catch the egg this month.

Well I hope you all have a great start to your week and I look forward to catching up on all your news.

Have a great day ladies and take care :hugs:

Hi everyone and to all the newbies :wave:

:happydance:Congratulations Gemie may the BFP explosion continue!! :happydance:

Love the cake Squirrel :thumbup: it's fab, how is your 2ww going?

Caroleb; I'm due to O on Friday or Saturday too so looks like we're cycle buddies this month :)

I've had some good news; DH has managed to get an earlier flight back from his business trip and will now be back on Friday afternoon - we may still be in with a chance this month after all - yay! So pleased I missed the soy window now!

Corina, it's up to you - I am sure there are a lot of people who recommend the more relaxed approach. I started temping straight away as I'd been on BCP for 16 years and had no idea what my natural cycle was. I found it really interesting and it was helpful to be able to work out when AF was due. Like Waiting4Baby I found out that I O on day 18-20 instead of the average 14. Now I know how my cycle works I only temp/OPK on and off. Hope that helps!

J x

Thanks everyone for the advice - v helpful. I think I"ll relax and enjoy trying ;-) for a couple of months and then think about measuring etc.

Squirrel - fab cake!! How cute!! It was my nephew's birthday yesterday also, lots of chocolate and rice crispie buns - yum!!

Hey all,
Was full of PMA yesterday. Did a 22 mile bike ride and felt full of optimism. Today my PMA has completely and utterly vanished and I feel rubbish. Hopefully I'll get a better night's sleep tonight and improve my mood! :dohh:

Ok ladies I need your help with a Q - I have the doctor's appointment Wednesday morning to say we have problems please refer us to the fertility clinic.

Do I take my DH or not?? He is happy either way

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->