30-Somethings TTC#1

Hi Everyone
Sending lots of hugs to you Squirrelgirl.:hugs: I know what you mean! Last month I was really convinced and when AF arrived I was devastated. Cycle 11 could be the lucky one though!
Jaimie2eyes I hope everything works well- very exciting!
I'm patiently waiting for next week when I ovulate. My goal this month is to stay relaxed!:coffee: I'm going for accupuncture every week so I hope that can help.
Baby Dust to Everyone!!

Hey ladies!

I've been taking a break from posting (but not from lurking :blush:) for so long that I feel like a pop-in! Unfortunately I'm not a pop in BFP :haha: I'm a pop in HSG!

I had mine yesterday and it was super easy, completely painless. It was only as uncomfortable as a pap smear. Everything was clear and the doc said he hopes this will get us pg in the next few months.
If this doesn't do the trick we'll start IUI in November.

Jaimie :wave: nice to hear from you! Im glad you are feeling so positive, fingers crossed for you that you will get your BFP before November, and if not then IUI will do the trick Im sure!

ok so I have just come from the doctors and I am super excited as the scan showed 3 large eggs ready to come out:happydance:. The eggs were 25mm, 24 and 20. I had the trigger shot and now the rest is up to me, DH and God. They are giving me progesterone again to help me along just in case we get lucky with one of those eggs. Doctor is really hopeful for me as the eggs were so much bigger than I have had before and my first cycle on Femara only produced 1 egg so it shows it is now really kicking in.:cloud9:

Called DH as soon as I got out of the docs and he is excited and said he is definitely up for loads of BDing :blush:.

I really really hope that this is our time, maybe the holy month of Ramadan will bring me good luck. But I know that this good news will only make my TWW even more torturous. Get ready for the craziness.
Go Carole! Lets hope you catch the egg this month.

Hi Everyone
Sending lots of hugs to you Squirrelgirl.:hugs: I know what you mean! Last month I was really convinced and when AF arrived I was devastated. Cycle 11 could be the lucky one though!
Jaimie2eyes I hope everything works well- very exciting!
I'm patiently waiting for next week when I ovulate. My goal this month is to stay relaxed!:coffee: I'm going for accupuncture every week so I hope that can help.
Baby Dust to Everyone!!
Ive been thinking about accupuncture. How did you find a place to go to?

We went to see the doctor on wednesday morning. Took DH afterall and glad I did. Doctor tried to say that 12 months wasnt long (I had to lie as in the UK you have to wait 12 months when you are 30-35 before they will do anything, and we are on our 11th cycle but we had had enough!) and that I had nothing to worry about until I was over 35. Hmmm. He didnt realise he was dealing with a BnB-er!!

I said I knew I wasnt that old (!!) but worried. So he agreed to send DH for sperm analysis and me for bloods. I just didnt realise it would be so quick! I need to go on day 23 so that will be a week on wednesday, and DH is going for his this wednesday. So all being well we will be back at the doctors on 3rd September with the results.

Amazing how excited we both are. Who knows if there is a problem with either or us or not, but at least we will know.

Celebrated with lots of :sex: but we need to hold off until after his sperm analysis now on wednesday - just in time for me to O (hopefully) next weekend. Fingers crossed !

We went to see the doctor on wednesday morning. Took DH afterall and glad I did. Doctor tried to say that 12 months wasnt long (I had to lie as in the UK you have to wait 12 months when you are 30-35 before they will do anything, and we are on our 11th cycle but we had had enough!) and that I had nothing to worry about until I was over 35. Hmmm. He didnt realise he was dealing with a BnB-er!!

I said I knew I wasnt that old (!!) but worried. So he agreed to send DH for sperm analysis and me for bloods. I just didnt realise it would be so quick! I need to go on day 23 so that will be a week on wednesday, and DH is going for his this wednesday. So all being well we will be back at the doctors on 3rd September with the results.

Amazing how excited we both are. Who knows if there is a problem with either or us or not, but at least we will know.

Celebrated with lots of :sex: but we need to hold off until after his sperm analysis now on wednesday - just in time for me to O (hopefully) next weekend. Fingers crossed !

So pleased for you, you need to be tough and push forwards in this game to get what you need or they will keep you waiting for ever.

SA and bloods will tell you so much and will either highlight or eliminate potential problems. Your attitude is so good as if there is a problem it is good to know as most of them can be fixed and then you can get onto it. Also be prepared for them not to find anything, this can be immensely frustrating but again there are meds that they can give you to increase your chances of a BFP.

Good luck and I hope you BFP is just around the corner for you:hugs:

Thanks Carole. I do think with hindsight perhaps I should have gone months ago, but I really wanted to conceive 'naturally'. Now thats gone out of the window completely and we just want a baby!

Good job Waiting on getting that dumb doctor to listen to you! I need to figuring out my insurance and then I'll be scheduling an appt. My current insurance pays for everything up through diagnosis of a problem (but not IUI/IVF etc). Another insurance plan I could be on covers IUI/IVF but it's more expensive (though if I need IUI/IVF it would be the deal of the century!) But I don't want to go get tests done under my current insurance if the new insurance company could deny me for a pre-existing condition! Bah!

I keep meaning to call both insurance plans and ask questions, but I can't do it at work, and then I forget when I get home until their offices are closed! :dohh:

I know what its like to try to make calls at work when you dont want everyone to hear! Ive had to sneak off to make doctor appointments and DH has felt very awkward telling his work he needed time off on wednesday morning as he was hardly going to tell his manager he needed to get his sperm analysed!!

Why dont you call in your lunch break tomorrow so you can sort out what one insurance policy you are going with so you can make your appointment?

I have to admit half of me is secretly hoping by getting all these tests started it will make us get a BFP this month... :blush:

Hey all,
Just dropping in to say hi...
Good luck with the tests Waiting4Baby. Hoping they don't find any problems iykwim, and hoping you get your BFP first!
Think we missed our time this month.... I was laid up this week for 2/3 days with a migraine and vomiting. Didn't get chance to DTD until Fri, and think it may have been too late. Doh! x
GL everyone x

:hugs: Ugh, Floofy!! :hugs: I'm actually home from work right now with a stupid migraine. Not a horrible one (otherwise I wouldn't be on the computer) but bad enough that hearing anyone speak is unbearable. So I really feel for you having a migraine for 2 to 3 days! They are NOT anyone's idea of a good time!!

It's so nice outside right now too, and I'm afraid my manager is going to think I just wanted to skip out! :dohh:

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that the eggy stuck around long enough to wait out the stupid migraine!!!!

Thanks Squirrelgirl. :hugs:
Am hoping the egg was a superhuman eggy that managed to last twice as long as usual! lol. :dohh:

Hi Everyone,

Goodluck with the tests Waiting4baby; hope all is good. :thumbup: and FXed for a super duper egg floofy!

:hugs: Squirrel hope you feel better ready for BD time! Have you taken soy again this month?

Well DH arrived home early and I think I have Oed today on CD21 - latest ever! I guess we have a good a chance as any this month as we have BDed the last 3 days (+OPK yesterday and today). Here I go on another 2ww... :wacko:

Jx

Yep, taking soy again! Come on magic beans!!!!! I'm starting to feel a bit better. Took prescription strength ibuprofen (per my neurologist's advice!) and sitting here in the dark and quiet is helping. Probably should be napping but I just can't seem to tear myself away from the computer. Each time I put the computer down to take a nap I think of things I wanted to research!

Yay, so glad your OH got home in time! :wohoo:

Poor you squirrell. I always find lying down in a darkened room & sleeping is the only thing that helps me. Hope its gone tomorrow.

Jjay - cd21 isnt bad, I usually O around 18-20 and I think 25 or 26 is my record! Hopefully it means it is a very well matured egg, arriving just in time.

Im half watching a programme on tv at the moment about teenage parents, there is a couple on there who are 18 and just had a baby, and another guy who is 19 and with an 'oldie' who has just had his baby. She has just turned 40 :grr: not that old!!

Hi everyone - I'm back. We had some super-bad luck from last Thursday on but overall it was beautiful and I was so gald to be away. For those of you overseas let's just say that part of my bad luck involved putting petrol into my diesel car :). I swear is was the gas station attendent who put the gas in my car! Hi to everyone new!

Jamie - I missed my hsg because I lost my passport and by the time it was returned to me I had missed my flight. I'm waiting to reschedule. So far all my blood tests have been normal so we'll see what I'm going to have to do when all the tests are over.

Aw Maxxi! Hope you had a good time despite some hiccups ~ the gas thing is kinda crazy! It is expensive to get that out of your tank, isn't it? Good luck getting the HSG rescheduled.

Squirrel ~ it is great to hear that you have some options with your insurance. Good luck doing the research on that without getting busted : )

Waiting4 ~:wave:Glad you are getting some professional advice and hope all the tests are completely normal. Unfortunately it does get your hopes up again. I'm in my post HSG 2WW and I really hope I'm not completely crushed if AF shows.

Hi ladies,

Can I please join, my cycle is normally 28 - 33 days and I'm currently on CD17 and I think I Ov'd yesterday, so I'm not sure when I'll be testing....when do you think it'll be..?

xx

Hiya Pink! I'd wait to test til after you're late, if you can! If you know the day you O'd, I'd go 16 to 17 days after that.

Geez, Maxxi! Sounds like a lot happened! Hope you get that HSG rescheduled for very soon!

:hugs: Jaimie -- I know it must be rough! I hate feeling so optimistic! But I will keep every finger and toe crossed for you!

https://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,599665,00.html

Survey: It Takes 104 Sex Sessions to Get Pregnant

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

How many times do you have to have sex to get pregnant? If you’re lucky, it could happen on the first or second try, but that’s definitely not the average, according to a new British survey.

The study of more than 3,000 mothers, commissioned by First Response, a popular family planning
company, found that the average couple has to have sex 104 times before getting pregnant.

That means, on average, it took women six months to get pregnant, with couples having sex around four times a week during that time period.

"Having sex 104 times before falling pregnant does sound rather a lot, but as they say, practice makes perfect,” said First Response spokesman Dr. Mike Smith. “Trying for a baby is a very exciting time for a couple, and many try to have sex at every opportunity in order to get pregnant.”

The survey also revealed a few other interesting tidbits. Nearly a quarter of women said sex became “boring” when they were trying to conceive, while 11 percent of men admitted to feeling “completely used.”

https://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,599665,00.html

Survey: It Takes 104 Sex Sessions to Get Pregnant

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

How many times do you have to have sex to get pregnant? If you’re lucky, it could happen on the first or second try, but that’s definitely not the average, according to a new British survey.

The study of more than 3,000 mothers, commissioned by First Response, a popular family planning
company, found that the average couple has to have sex 104 times before getting pregnant.

That means, on average, it took women six months to get pregnant, with couples having sex around four times a week during that time period.

"Having sex 104 times before falling pregnant does sound rather a lot, but as they say, practice makes perfect,” said First Response spokesman Dr. Mike Smith. “Trying for a baby is a very exciting time for a couple, and many try to have sex at every opportunity in order to get pregnant.”

The survey also revealed a few other interesting tidbits. Nearly a quarter of women said sex became “boring” when they were trying to conceive, while 11 percent of men admitted to feeling “completely used.”

Wow, very interesting......So I always wonder about those chicks on Maury that get knocked up on a one night stand with some random guy they just met....uugghhhhhhhh......................:growlmad::nope: Geesh, fertile myrtles!!! UGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->