30-Somethings TTC#1

Just stopping by to say hello. New to the forum, just turned 30 two weeks ago and TTC # 1. On my second cycle after stopping BCP on June 19th.

Hey Waiting4Baby, I think if you're both free then go together so you can ask any questions you need to, however you don't have to if it's inconvenient. I went to the docs today to ask when we should think about booking in for tests. He told me that the initial tests will be a blood test for me and a :spermy: test for DH. They do the blood test at the doc's surgery on CD22 of your cycle and DH has to go to a hospital which may take a couple of weeks advance booking. DH needs to either go in to see the dr or telephone him to go through what he needs to do beforehand. The Dr said we can book in for the tests now if we want (we've had 10 proper cycles of TTC) but I think we'll give it 2 more goes first just to get to the year mark (or FXed not get to the year mark!)

Hope that helps, let me know how you get on.

J x

I would take the OH if he's free. You shouldn't go through it on your own, in my opinion, if he can just as easily go or not...

It is too darned hot here today. My brain doesn't even want to focus now! Welcome to the new peeps!

:af::af::af: :dust:

Thanks girls will take him along and let you know tomorrow what they say!

Hi Braven :wave:

:wacko: I'm going crazy! I'm 9DPO and it's about to overwhelm me and make me test! NO TESTING EARLY! NO TESTING EARLY! but it's sooooooooooooooooo hard not to!! :haha:

Not that I have much in the way of symptoms. Just sore boobs, but I've had that the past several months... oh well!!! Soon enough I will know, and testing early isn't going to change anything. So no testing early!

I'm almost convinced.... are you? :winkwink:

Hi! I'm new here too. I'm 31 and TTC#1 for 9 cycles. Well, now 10 as AF come today. All my labs are normal so far and many more to come this month. DH's sperm count wasn't great but had a large varicocele embolized about 2 months ago so we have to wait to retest. I have to say I have been reading this group for a month or so now and you all seem great!

Hi Blondemop! :flower:
You're almost the same as me. I'm 30 and onto cycle 10.
F x for us this cycle! :happydance:

Hi ladies :) AF is on her way in for me, so onto the next cycle it is..... :dohh:

Hey SquirrelGirl hang on in there, I am hoping and praying you continue the pattern of success with this thread:hugs: I am with you on the hot summer, it is reaching high 40's C here now and Ramadan started today so no food or drink to be consumed in public during daylight. Makes it tough when dashing about as I normally have a bottle of water with me to keep my fluids up.

Welcome to Braven and Blondemop, hope you enjoy the support on here as much as I do.

I have the docs again tomorrow for a scan and more than likely a trigger shot. So DH and I have been BDing every day since the weekend and plan on continuing until Monday as I should O on Friday or Saturday so want to make sure we cover every possibility. Really hope this does the trick as being a science experiment really wears thin at times. But I know that one day I will be sitting with my kids telling them just how much they were wanted and how hard DH and I fought to have them and it will all be worth it.

Wishing you all a great day and keeping my FXed for loads more BFP news soon :hugs:

Hey ladies, just popping in to say the horrible witch arrived. :cry: I'm probably going to take a few days off of BnB to recover. Had my hopes up a little too high this cycle. On to cycle 11......

I'll try to catch up on any front page updates when I return. Sorry!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! This TTC thing can be beyond frustrating. Sorry SquirrelGirl :( I also had my hopes up pretty high this cycle, and the last few days have been rough. Fx we all have bfp soon!

Hey ladies, just popping in to say the horrible witch arrived. :cry: I'm probably going to take a few days off of BnB to recover. Had my hopes up a little too high this cycle. On to cycle 11......

Squirrell sending you lots of :hugs: Im so sorry you joined me on cycle 11. Take all the time you need but we're here if you want to talk x

Hey Squirrel Girl so sorry to hear that AF arrived. This TTC journey is so cruel at times and sees your emotions crushed. Take some time out for you and pamper yourself.

I really hope that cycle 11 is the one for you :hugs:

ok so I have just come from the doctors and I am super excited as the scan showed 3 large eggs ready to come out:happydance:. The eggs were 25mm, 24 and 20. I had the trigger shot and now the rest is up to me, DH and God. They are giving me progesterone again to help me along just in case we get lucky with one of those eggs. Doctor is really hopeful for me as the eggs were so much bigger than I have had before and my first cycle on Femara only produced 1 egg so it shows it is now really kicking in.:cloud9:

Called DH as soon as I got out of the docs and he is excited and said he is definitely up for loads of BDing :blush:.

I really really hope that this is our time, maybe the holy month of Ramadan will bring me good luck. But I know that this good news will only make my TWW even more torturous. Get ready for the craziness.

:hugs::flower: so sorry squirrel, that horrid witch grrrrrrrr, sometimes it seems really unfair how easy it is for some people and not for others :growlmad: just think with the soy it won't be long until you O again.

:thumbup: great news Caroleb, happy BDing!

Sorry too Dan-o :hugs:

J x

Hey ladies!

I've been taking a break from posting (but not from lurking :blush:) for so long that I feel like a pop-in! Unfortunately I'm not a pop in BFP :haha: I'm a pop in HSG!

I had mine yesterday and it was super easy, completely painless. It was only as uncomfortable as a pap smear. Everything was clear and the doc said he hopes this will get us pg in the next few months.

I just wanted to say that I wish we had seen this fertility doctor after the 6 month mark. The only reason I waited was because I was so sure there couldn't possibly be anything wrong with us. Turns out we have a borderline male factor (low volume and motility) and I have a pinhole opening in my cervix. The doc dilated my cervix for the HSG so we should have better luck for a little while. Still gotta hope those :spermy: make it to their goal!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLL! :happydance:

If this doesn't do the trick we'll start IUI in November.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->