30 week premmie

ilovemummy

Reaction score
hi eveyone, my baby came 12 weeks early, he is now 30 weeks old, anyone in the same boat and would you like to share? so hard to see him amongst other babys and praying he will sit up, crawl one day..he is so gorgeous though!

Awww congratulations :)

How is the little man doing?

My son was born at 28 weeks over 3.5 years ago :)

he is really advanced for his age, really smart; a wee bit small but healthy. Each little milestone will bring a tear to your eye.

Best of luck for the future :) xx

Hi, thanks, thats reassuring, he's doing ok, not a bad size considering but he finds it tiring on his tummy and is trying to crawl but not quite there, i guess i have to remember he is only 4 and a half months not 7 and a half...when did your baby start crawling?

Great idea for a thread!

Archie was born at 27 weeks and is now 10 weeks corrected and 23 actual. He is very alert and has started to pick up and shake his rattle. It brought a tear to my eye. He is also trying to bring his legs up to meet his hands...which he has just recognised as his! I think he will be a bit short but me and his Daddy are too! Oh and he loves his baby rice, sweet potato for today!

It's nice to hear how other babies have got on xxx

Here is a recent picture of Archie. :cloud9::cloud9:

Attachments

• IMG_2196.jpg
    IMG_2196.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 23
Molly was born at 29 weeks. She is not behind for her age at all really. She is trying to crawl (but not managing yet!) She laughs and tries to talk, and has just started eating finger food. At first it is soooo hard to see them catching up. but when they start they shoot out of hte starting blocks!

Ive had 3 premmies, they are 11,7 and 3 now and you wouldnt believe they were prem at all they are upto and higher than levels they should be at school no major health problems apart from asthma, i wouldnt worry you watch your little man grow and grow before you know it he will be at school xx

I think my wee man crawled at 10-11 months and walked at 20 months :) lower than alot but got there in the end :)

Matthew was born at 33 weeks,he is 19weeks old now (12 corrected) and seems to be developing just fine :happydance: not quite laughing yet but attempting to, will grab onto a muslin or blanket but not go for toys yet, hes constantly wriggling and wont stay on his belly will roll right over and smile/giggle. He holds his hell really well, is so bright and alert and has his first tooth starting to make its way thru, just his size to catch up id say.... x

my little girl was born at 29 wks and she is now 14wks old corrected age 3wks.when did your children start on solids and sleep through the night? i find it so confusing i dont know wether to expect her to do what a newborn dos or what a 14wk old sould be doing? can anyone help ? many thanks =]

Matthew was somewhere in the middle, development wise he seemed to be doing things at his actual age, such as smilling etc, think he doesnt go for toys/objects yet as his hands are still quite small. As for sleeping thru night it just kind of happended, he would go to 4.30am before looking for a feed, then say 6am now he will go from say 9pm to 8.30am I checked with HV as he was only taking 4 feeds which I thought was not enough for his size but she said he'd soon tell me if hungry - he was sleeping through from about 3 and a half actual age which was roughly 8 weeks corrected, which they say is the norm.

Matthew can be weaned anytime now but im gonna wait til hes 6 months as so far hes showing no signs of interest, if we give him the odd thing to taste he'll take it but were not in any rush - yesterday he opened his mouth at the sight of my finger with teething gel rather than waiting to feel it on his lip which is an indicator of readiness as well I think.

Your baby will come on so so much the next few months, with Matthew it is just his size that needs to catch up, people comment that my 'newborn' is so bright, alert and into everyrhing haha and hes 5 months next Thur x

I like this thread! Alex is almost 4 weeks old now, (32 weeks gestation)and I am stunned at how alert and aware she is even at this stage. She shows signs of being very independant already and fights with the nurses when they try something she knows she's not going to like. :rofl:

So this thread is nice to see how things can be...

hey

i've never had a baby nor do i plan to in the future but i was a premmie and sort of like to reasure premmie mothers

but yeah i was 2 months early and am now at 19 living on my own doing an engineering degree at a top uni. have faith in your little ones, being a premmie doesn't mean that much anymore

Here is a recent picture of Archie. :cloud9::cloud9:

Hi, its good to hear from you! My son is now 7 and a half months old and begining to bring his hands together..sometimes I think hes ok for where he is and sometimes I find it so hard and am wishing to get older and stronger...

Wow, so many premmies and all doing well! I think my gorgeous little one will be OK, just have to give him a chance to do things in his own time...he has more good days than bad...only winges when he is tired, or I am trying to offer him milk when he doesn't want him - just keep thinking he he needs to put weight on....thankyou for all your replies and hopefully he will crawl soon and then there will come a time when there is no stopping him! xx

my little girl was born at 29 wks and she is now 14wks old corrected age 3wks.when did your children start on solids and sleep through the night? i find it so confusing i dont know wether to expect her to do what a newborn dos or what a 14wk old sould be doing? can anyone help ? many thanks =]

Hi, I started weaning my baby at 6 months...they say when they get to that age, their iron levels start dropping so you have to top them up with solids...it took a while for him to get used to it but he knows what to do with food now...it's still very pureed but am leaving is slightly thicker, he is 7 and a half months (4 and a half corrected) good luck with weaning, it is fun! As regards to sleeping through the night...he wakes up twice, because he is hungry but then thata not a bad thing, he is just hungry and needs a top up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->