30 year old TTC after Mirena IUD removal and low estrogen

brose9

Reaction score
hello,

I am new to babyandbump, I found it by chance after looking for women who are going through similar experience as myself.

I am 30 years old (have never been pregnant) and I have always had a normal menstrual cycle. On May 21, 2008 I had the Mirena IUD inserted. Immediately my periods stopped, which I was told was normal when using Mirena IUD. I went on the IUD after having a really bad reaction to Ortho Tri Cyclen birth control pills. The IUD was the only thing my gynecologist was able to do for me in terms of birth control at the time, even though I did not have any children prior to the IUD being inserted. I had no issues with the IUD after insertion (other than my periods completely stopping) and chose to remove it on March 5, 2013.

My menstrual cycle came on June 9, 2013. It was short, but it came. Since then I have yet to get my period. When my partner and I decided to try to conceive, I was worried that I couldn't track my ovulation so I was sent to a reproductive endocrinologist, who discovered that I had low estrogen levels.

Follicle Stimulating Hormone 68.0U/L
Estradiol <20pg/ml
Cortisol 8.0ug/dl
Luteinizing Hormone 26.3
Progesterone 0.7

I've been tracking my ovulation through ultrasound. I had my first ultrasound on 11/20/13 where a follicle was found and measured 11mm. Had a 2nd ultrasound on 11/25, which the same follicle found on 11/20/13 was found not growing - it was still measured at 11mm. Today (12/9) had my 3rd ultrasound and no changes were seen. The same follicle found on 11/20 was present and was still not growing. No other follicles were found.

My reproductive endocrinologist recommended that I do these ultrasound every 2 weeks to see if any follicles pop up and show any signs of ovulation. I haven't been prescribed anything (other than pre-natal vitamins).

I was concerned that the IUD had caused damage to my body, which my reproductive endocrinologist didn't think was the case. I did some research on my own and found Fertilaid. After reading all of the positive reviews I thought it would be worth trying. I figured my body just needs a little kick so on 11/23/13 I started to take Fertilaid and Ovaboost. I immediately noticed cramps at night and since taking it; however, the ultrasound today did not show any follicle growth. I scheduled another ultrasound on 12/23. I am hopeful that after a month of taking Fertilaid and Ovaboost I would see some sign of ovulation.

Here's hoping,
B

Good luck, keep me posted. I also had the Mirena IUD. I was able to get pregnant after and my DD will be 1 tomorrow! Sending baby dust to you :dust:

HI Brose9,
thank you for your post. I am curious to know how it all ended up for you since now I find myself in a similar situation at 31 yo.
I took the mirena off in november 2013 after 1'5 years ans have been ttc since. I had 3-4 irregular periods the first 7 months, took a blood test in June 2014, everything seemed fine.
Then I lost my period for 3 months. Came back at the beginning of october.
Now in october 2014 I have taken another blood test and my results were very similar to yours. A week after I have taken another test and my fsh levels are over 80 (increased 13 IU in one week).
I am terribly worried I may have POF, but I still have a little hope that I could still be readjusting from the damn mirena.
All the best,
xx

I was on BC for 11years as they discovered I had ovarian cysts and that's what they recommended. and came off it when I was 28 to get pregnant. I got my first period which was very light and short and then every other period was very light and short and irregular after that.

I got ultrasounds and they discovered the reason why I wasnt getting pregnant was that my lining (which requires estrogen) wasn't thickening. I ovulated fine.

So my OB put me on estrogen 1.25mg twice a day from day 7 until day 14 and I got pregnant that month.

It took 10months for me to get pregnant I'm back on estrogen and clomid this month as I've been trying since DS was 2nonths old.

Ask how thick your lining is at your next ultrasound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->