30week check up tomorrow- what to expect?

neady

Reaction score
i know everyone is probably fed up of these but for some reason i get all nervous before i go to them and like to know whats goin to happen when im there!
will it just be the same as my 28week one?

also i think i may have thrush =( (sorry for the tmi) ive never had it before so rather embarased, will they want to look down there if i mention this?

im also mentionin all the dizzy spells and faintin ive been havin, im now beginin to think that there stress related and that i bring them on myself, before these funny turns i feel like im goin to have a really bad panik attack, chest all tight etc, i used to suffer really bad from these so can fight them off and rarely have them. but i stil think its worth the mention.
also goin to mention my really bad period pain type things down there ( i think this is how to discribe them as i never had period pains).

anyways sorry for the ramblin on and rather borin thread, hope all is well =) x

my next check is going to be 30wks as i had to cancel my 28 wk one today as couldnt get up to the doctors for it, i got my 28 wk bloods done with my gtt test though on monday so at least i dont have to worry about that,

All of my appointments after 28 weeks were pretty much the same: blood pressure, heartbeat, measuring bump (sometimes), urine sample and a chat about any worries.

Hope it goes well
xm

Hey, I had thrush earlier in pregnancy. They will give you what looks like a cotton bud and ask you to go to the loo and take a swab and then give it to the midwife who will send it to be analyzed.

No need to be embarassed about it, its quite common in pregnancy :)

thanks for these post guys i have my 28 wks appointment and was wondering if anything changed :)

ive got my 30week app on the 5th, im having my bloods taken :( bump measured, listen to heart beat, check my bp, weight etc, my last app was at 26 weeks so havent seen her for awhile. i think mine are every 3 weeks from 30weeks onwards. xx

my 30 week appointment was just a normal check up, see how your feeling and all that... I think i have my next appointment at 34 weeks (with the doctor) and 36 with consultant and midwife... i really dont understand the gaps lol

With thrush if you just explain your symptoms the might just give you some cream to try... thats what they did with me. I had the same fear that some doctor would want to have a look lol

Mine was 31 weeks but same thing. Measured bump, HB, felt bubs position, check urine and BP, quick chat about where I want to give birth and how I want to feed (think this is because it was the first time I'd met my new assigned midwife). Think that was it :) xx

I had mine today and it was pretty routine. Just gave her my urine sample, she checked it, took my bp, listened to babys heart, measured bump and I had no questions, but of course would have been time for questions too.

Cant help with the thrush part, but dont be embarrassed at all. It is so common in pregnancy. I use stuff called Rephresh once a week to keep my ph levels normal. It just keeps thrush away and makes things smell nicer. It is like £12 for 2 applications and it should be used every 3 days but once a week has worked for me. I started using it a month or so ago when things got a bit smelly and itchy(not thrush itchy) (sorry tmi)

After my 28 week appointment when they took blood all my MW checks have been the same. Blood pressure & urine check, palpate, listen to heartbeat and then any questions. Even today my appointment was exactly the same and I'm due next week eeeeeek! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->