31 day ( give or take) house cleaning challenge. Whos with me?

DCS

Reaction score
First off, excuse typos. Im on my phone and it goes abit crazy sometimes.

So my house is in need of a major clean up. Iv got boxes of stuff stacked in every corner ( moved here in 2011 would you believe)

I struggle for motivation, and maybe having a couple people do this with me will kick my backside into gear.

So whos in?

Im in! I have clutter everywhere!
I have recently cleared out my living room but need to do the kitchen, my room and LOs room,and i have odd jobs i just cant be bothered to do like repainting LOs wardrobe, glossing doors, and varnishing skirting boards.
Itd be lovely to get everything decluttered and sorted before i start uni in September :)

I'm in, absolutely fed up with my house need motivation to get it sorted and need it done before start college in Sept and have operation coming up end of the year x

Brilliant. Iv found a list, for each day ill try to post the link in my first post. Feel free to add pics. Im going to start tomorrow i think.

Me lol and there's also interesting hoarding and cleaning/tidying threads the family section of moneysavingexpert forum that i find are sometimes a good motivation.

You know I'm in! I think posting before and after pics would be a great motivation tool!

Cant post a link becuase im on my phone. But there is a whole binch of blogs and lists on google.

Will check out the mse threads once i get a chance. Also need to figure out how to post pics on here. I can never work out have to change the size. Im not too bright.

I'm in! My understairs cupboard is packed full of boxes! Paperwork everywhere,bathroom cluttered with stuff, need to paint lo's bedroom but can't decide colour and a bunch of other stuff.

I am having to do this as we are moving in one month, we are going to have a big de-clutter. We are paying cleaners to do the house when we hand it over so don't have to worry about that lol so going to do the minimum in terms of that lol.

Maybe we should post a list so we can see what we need to work on and progress we make? :laundry::iron::dishes::hangwashing::bodyb:

Spare room
I have a spare room(where my tortoise and old computer live) that needs tidying so it can be used. Eventually this room will be emptied for a nursery so i'd like to get it in order sooner rather than later. It has
*several boxes of junk that needs selling or giving to charity
*Boxes of packing material for ebay p&p or bin
*piles of soil (cringe) and seed trays on the window ledge left from growing
*my printer that's almost dead, i wanna run the ink out before we set up the new one
*the computer desk is full or junk
*box of wires (every house has one lol)
*random papers of all levels of importance

Living room
*it always just needs tidying and putting away clutter
*clean paw prints on carpets
*clean curtains

Kitchen
I cleaned/reorganise cupboards and drawers Done 5/8.
*Clean/sort big cupboards
*Clean inside oven
*Sort and get rid of all extra cups, dishes and misc kitchen junk
*Glue 2x handles on drawers
*Clean microwave (AGAIN!)

Misc
*Tidy the loft, i have more things in there than in my living room. I need to condense all the crap and make it minimalistic (this will take more than 31days lol)
*coat cupboard needs organising and putting all winter coats away(by the time i do this i will need them)
*Clean all skirting boards(it has been on my list since i moved in 14 months ago)
*Get rid of some house plants
*Wardrobes need de-cluttering
*Garden needs tidying and organised
*Weed (this rain is making them shoot up all over the place. now i know why they say 'grow like weeds')
*Rinse big plastic box that has been abandoned by DH in the garden and bring inside to use
*Grown plants planted
*I have several empty, but hung up photo frames that i keep meaning to fill with wedding pics.
*I also want to revamp my old clothes hangers after i saw how easy and pretty they can be lol
**plus all regular cleaning and tidying....god, looking at this, i feel like a slob!

Maybe we should post a list so we can see what we need to work on and progress we make?

I have a spare room(where my tortoise and old computer live) that needs tidying so it can be used. Eventually this room will be emptied for a nursery so i'd like to get it in order sooner rather than later. It has
*several boxes of junk that needs selling or giving to charity
*Boxes of packing material for ebay p&p or bin
*piles of soil (cringe) and seed trays on the window ledge left from growing
*my printer that's almost dead, i wanna run the ink out before we set up the new one
*the computer desk is full or junk
*box of wires (every house has one lol)
*random papers of all levels of importance

*In my living room it always just needs tidying and putting away clutter
*My kitchen, i need to clean and reorganise all of the cupboards and drawers and big cupbaords
*sort and get rid of all extra cups, dishes and misc kitchen junk

*i need to tidy the loft, i have more thing in there than my living room. I need to condense all the crap and make it minimalstic (this will take more than 31days lol)

*coat cupboard needs organising and putting all winter coats away(by the time i do this i will need them)

*get rid of some house plants

*Wardrobes need decluttering

*Garden needs tidying, organising and growing plants planted

* i have several empty, but hung up photo frames that i keep meaning to fill with wedding pics.

*i also want to revamp my old clothes hangers after i saw how easy and pretty they can be lol

plus all regular cleaning and tidying....god looking at this, i feel like a slob!

Oh the wires soooooo many wiiiires! You've reminded me that I have a bunch of junk under my bed :dohh:

My first task...
- Make a list!

I'm in! We go on holiday 20th September and I start back from maternity leave the day free we arrive home so I want my house in perfect order for then.
My list:
- Get rid of old couches out of dining room
- de-clutter and then redocorate living room
- toy clear out in both boys bedrooms and finish decorating
- clear out and clean kitchen cupboards

I'll do a list a bit later but let me just say, wish I never started!!!

Ok my list is...
- Living room area
-Get rid of the 2 broken tvs
-Clean carpet

Kitchen
- Completely gut as Im having a new kitchen fitted soon
- Clean under fridge
- Clean oven
- Set up some sort of organisational system for important letters & documents which are currently residing in kitch drawers

Bathroom & toilet
- Finish painting
- Buy a lampshade
- Get someone in to fix bathroom door
- Varnish skirting board

LOs room
- Sort out too small clothes and toys & give to charity
- Repaint wardrobe

my room
- Get rid of spare carpet
- Sort out clothes I dont wear
- Clear out under bed
- Empty the (ever growing) box of things-I-cant-find-a-place-for

*phew*

I will start tomorrow when LO is at nursery & will begin with kitchen!

Ok my list-

Living room- Needs some tidying, need to go through paper clutter pile on coffee table, there is a box I need to unpack..

Kitchen- Need to give the stove a scrub down, clean fridge (ugh), and unpack 3 boxes..

My bedroom- Need to unpack 2 boxes, have a mound of laundry I need to do..

Office- This is the big one.. Bunch of boxes need unpacking.. Trash bags full of clothes I need to go through and probably wash..

Bathrooms are fine thank God! lol

Daughter's room- She is 10 and has unpacked it all..

Foyer- Need to unpack the boxes there...

All in all not too bad. Only thing that sucks and reason why I haven't unpacked is we did a major downsize when we moved here and there isnt hardly any storage space.. :( I will be posting pics as I go along.. I am starting today! :)

I'm in!! Although go away for 10 days on Friday I'll come back to it!

To do (biggest jobs first)

Utility:
Get rid of all old electricals in cupboard
Sort out all ironing
Throw all old clothes
Go through supply cupboards

Under the stairs:
Put all tools in shed
Find shelves that will hold all the crap on the floor

Living room:
Tidy out small shelves and throw out all old wires/books etc
Go through toy box and ditch all baby toys
Sort out behind and under couches
Sort out wires behind TV

Upstairs hall:
Empty wash bins
Wash carpet
Fill photo frames that currently have 'generic landscapes'

Niamh's room:
Put all 'sentimentals' in the loft
Sort out clothes in cupboard

Master room:
Sort out and bin all unused shoes
Charity shop all old clothes
Sort out beside tables

Kitchen:
Clean inside all cupboards and bin all tins OOD before 2007:dohh:
Sort out paperwork in side
Throw out all magazines
Clean under fridge
Go through under the sink and throw all useless 'cleaning stuff'

General:
Clean all doors/light switches
Wash all windows
Hoover all cobwebs
Hoover and wash all skirting
Wash curtains

Shed:
Get a crane to take the whole thing to the tip making sure OH is still in it:winkwink:

Our house is going in the market (again) next month so want it completely gutted.

Ok so my list:

Kitchen -
Clean it!
Clean oven
Clean windows (cat nose prints on the window!)
Sort utility area
Clean fridge

Living room:
Sort out mounds of paper on computer desk. Get some sort of neat boxes to put said paperwork in!

Understairs cupboard:
Unpack the boxes that have been living in there since December

Bathroom
Sand and paint the pine unit (originally a TV unit!) white and get boxes to put toiletries in.

Sort out airing cupboard

LO's room
Paint once the damp patch has dried...find out how to get rid of the mould on the wall before painting!
Attempt to remove random stains from LO's grows with vanish.

Our bedroom
Clean out junk from under bed including a box of wires!
Sort wardrobe out
Find some pictures to hang

And if I get time...sort the garden out....MASSIVE task :/

Katerz, you can get mould resistant paint for after you've used mould treatment

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back