31 day ( give or take) house cleaning challenge. Whos with me?

Ah fab thanks pandora I shall have a look :)

Ok here are my first pics! Living area first.. Here are my before and after. Don't judge lol..There is more space behind the left side couch but couldn't get it in the pic. It is clean and clutter free though. lol.. I pretty much just picked up the things on the floor, things on the couches, and cleaned out the clutter pile on the table.. Kitchen tomorrow. :happydance:

Attachments

• living before.jpg
    living before.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 33
  • living after.jpg
    living after.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 33
Sheesh i started this thread and havnt done anything yet. After a long few days with lo we decided to get an early night. Tonight im going to do the cupboarfs in the kitchen. Was going to do the snacks cupboard so lo cant get to the junk so figured i might aswell do them all. Ill post my lists later when im done. And try to remember to take pics

Here's my huge list :blush:

Downstairs
1) Hall
- sort out shoes and coats
- clear and clean windowsills of black mold/fur and windows plus clear black mold off front door *yuck!*
2) Living room
- clear paperwork drawer
- clear craft boxes
- clean windowsills and windows of mold
- wash doors down
3) Death cupboard
- sort and bin almost everything, it hasn't been seen since I last did it out so it's not needed :D

4) Dining room
- sort out toys
- clean windowsills and windows of mold
5) Kitchen
- declutter, bin a load of plates etc
- clean all cupboards, fridge and freezer (ovens always clean as is microwave lol!)
6) Garden
- cut the grass
- weed
- sort out the shed and bin bin bin!
- sort out the playhouse and finally put up curtains
- front garden needs cat crap picking up :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:
- jeyes fluid putting down to keep the horrible cats away :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

Upstairs
7) DS's bedroom
- get rid of a load of toys he doesn't want/need
- sort out clothes
8) DD's bedroom
- sort out clothes (toys done)
9) Our bedroom
- sort out clothes and junk
10) Bathroom
- horrendous black mold in here that needs covering with gloss because it stinks and my landlords useless :(
- install shower
- retile
- finally decorate!
11) Airing cupboard
- sort and chuck all old towels and sheets (I did this Friday :D )

Biggest job will be the loft which I need my mum to come sort, no way can I get myself in there (I've tried haha!) and DH's shoulders are too big to get through the hatch!

My house has a serious black mold and damp problem which needs bleaching constantly but no matter how much bleach I use a lot of the walls are stained so given up decorating :( getting new windows next month though so hoping that sorts a lot of the problem out.

I'm starting today doing death cupboard I think!

I want to but im too fat and heavely pregnant to move or do much, ill have to try catching up once hes here.

Me lol and there's also interesting hoarding and cleaning/tidying threads the family section of moneysavingexpert forum that i find are sometimes a good motivation.

do you have a link to the section you mentioned please pandora? i couldn't find it! xx

I've got hardly anything done so far this could take a while, will be better at weekend when my daughters at her dads i can just get on with things x

Me lol and there's also interesting hoarding and cleaning/tidying threads the family section of moneysavingexpert forum that i find are sometimes a good motivation.

do you have a link to the section you mentioned please pandora? i couldn't find it! xx

Sorry, it was a different board from what i thought. They're in the 'old style' section.

Hoarding https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4507949

Weekly motivational/cleaning thread https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4732437

How's everyone getting on? I did death cupboard out yesterday and the bin men have just been so I have empty bins to crack on with the next task, today I'm having a general tidy and then cutting the grass I think although I really can't be bothered :haha:

I'll join in :). Today's jobs:
Clear and dust the dresser in the dining room- done :)
Wipe down the kitchen surfaces and disinfect- Done :)
Clear the garden cuttings into brown bin
Put laundry on
Put a nappy wash on
Tidy the lounge

I am going to work on my kitchen today. Have 3 boxes that need unpacking ..Also washing clothes that we no longer use. Have a bunch of gently used clothes of my daughter's I am going to see about selling on EBay..

I need to join this. I've finally caught up with the laundry since we recently got a tumble dryer but everything else seems to run away with me

My house is always tidy and generally clean im really obsessed with it but the closet the towels and everything goes in needs a massive clean out and the doors need to be washed which we plan on doing that this weekend also the base boards augh... I do my floors every 2nd day because of the baby crawling and get swept daily lol

Today it has taken me 3 hours to do behind my sofas. Which are used as general dumping grounds for evrything that doesn't have a space.

On a really positive note. I'm hoping to lose at least 16stone over the next month. This cleaning malarkey is feking hard work!
I walk 3 miles a day so it's not like I'm overly unfit. But bloody hell. I was SWEATING after a few hours of sofa moving and enthusiastic hoovering!

Haven't actually managed to do anything yet! Hubby had yesterday and today off work as his days off...I never get much done when he is off because he really bugs me when I'm in cleaning/tidying mode!

On the up side I finally got around to putting the greeting cards we got when LO was born into a scrapbook. I had been meaning to do it for ages (ditto with our wedding cards but they are still in a box...almost 3 years later! Lol).

Ah I also got rid of random stains from LO's clothes...THAT was on my list!

Me, I have so much stuff that is junk but isn't junk I need to sort through and part with stuff drives me mad and I moan I have no room for things!

I havent actually done a whole lot yet... I finished painting the bathroom and glossed all glossables.
I have my exs mum coming up on friday to see LO so that is more than enough incentive to move my bum tomorrow!
The plan is to...
Tidy living room generally
Clean out fridge
Clean under fridge
Wash floors
Clean Jacobs room

I will see where I am after that, and will try and start sorting through toys

Well done to everyone of their progress. Has anyone else noticed that as a result of completing a job, three more jobs need doing? For example, i sorted things in my spare room and had to put lots of random bits away in other places, then when i got to the correct place, i realised that cupbaord/drawer needed sorting too! It's making me nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->