31 TTC#1 with thyroid probs - anybody else?

wannabump31

Reaction score
We've been TTC for 9 mths now, 5 mths in I found out I had an underactive thyroid so am currently on medication for this and being monitored. Also having blood tests, I had all my hormones checked with came back normal and have a day 21 test booked to check im ovulating..
Finding it hard as 3 of my mates have got pregnant since we started trying, I need people going through the same to talk to ! :thumbup:

Anyone???:happydance::flower:

I'd be happy to be your buddy. We are just not starting to try, so I am pretty new to the whole idea.

I was treated for thyroid problems when I was younger (like teenager). At some point I seemed to stabilize. My thyroid numbers are normal, but on the very low end of "normal" now. I wasn't even aware that you affect your chances of TTC...

Hi Guys

As you can see we have been trying for a number of years. I have an underactive thyroid and it has only been discovered recently when we decided to go private that my TPA antibodies were 226 and they should be 30!!! This doesn't show on a normal thyroid blood test as my thyroid levels are normal but this is prob down to being on thyroxine.

I am not trying to worry you all but if you are still struggling ask them to test your TPA antibodies as they may be the cause of the problem. I am now on steriods and hoping these will reduce my levels and I will achieve pregancy at some point soon. I had previously been put on clomid and it was when the 6 months of that failed we decided on the private route. I have also had to have an opertion as they was something wrong with my cervix, but even with that sorted it still wasn't happening so am hoping now they have found something else and I am being treated we will get there.

Keep postive thou as I know how hard it is, I am trying to stay strong and not count everyday but its hard. xxx

I'd like to be a buddy as well, i'm 33 trying for #1 and on cycle 9. I've had an underactive thyroid since 2004 but under control. I'm also type 1 diabetic since I was 8 years old. Jo

How's everyone doing? I'm on CD10 and still no signs of ovulation.

I had a very very faint line yesterday CD13, so faint I was unable to take a photo. AF due today but no sign yet but I am getting occasional backache similar to my normal warning signs just not as painful. I'm going to test again tomorrow if AF still does not show. Everything crossed at the moment. xx

Hi Guys

As you can see we have been trying for a number of years. I have an underactive thyroid and it has only been discovered recently when we decided to go private that my TPA antibodies were 226 and they should be 30!!! This doesn't show on a normal thyroid blood test as my thyroid levels are normal but this is prob down to being on thyroxine.

I am not trying to worry you all but if you are still struggling ask them to test your TPA antibodies as they may be the cause of the problem. I am now on steriods and hoping these will reduce my levels and I will achieve pregancy at some point soon. I had previously been put on clomid and it was when the 6 months of that failed we decided on the private route. I have also had to have an opertion as they was something wrong with my cervix, but even with that sorted it still wasn't happening so am hoping now they have found something else and I am being treated we will get there.

Keep postive thou as I know how hard it is, I am trying to stay strong and not count everyday but its hard. xxx

No way, i didn't realise thyroid antibodies should be 30, mine are 417!! I am on thyroxine now for my underactive thyroid so fingers crossed this is my reason of recurrent miscarriages

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->