31 week appointment not so good

laura109

Reaction score
Been to the midwife today. My blood pressure is slightly high so ive got to go back next week. My pulse was abit quick,My daughters heart was 158 and she said hers is also a little quick. She is measurin 32cm so she said shes measuring a little big and is weighing 7.51b to 81b instead od 6.51b to 71b.

Hoping things are ok next week.

I wouldn't worry too much about the size. I'm pretty certain estimating weight by fundal height is not exact. An ultrasound would get you closer, but even that can be off.
That heart rate doesn't seem that fast either my LOs heart rate was 152 yesterday and was told it is great. My OB has always said anything between 120-170 is normal.
And do you know what your blood pressure was and what it normally us? Blood pressure can fluctuate based on various factors, and unless it's a big change, I wouldn't worry too much. Mine usually jumps around, and I've also noticed it can be different based on who actually takes it. I had one nurse(in a clinic I don't normally visit) tell me it was 105/60, and my blood pressure had never been that low in my life. My regular nurse took it the next day and it was 125/70, which is closer to normal for me.

Thanks thats made me feel abit better. Mine was 75/120. She said its normally 60/110 for me give ir take a little bit.

she said your pulse is a little quick this time and so is babies.

Just panicked me. Thanks for reassuring me. Is a rise in blood pressure due to anything im doing? Im not exercising as much cus im achy and my back hurts. I do some walking still.

my diet is average and i get abit of everything.

Laura it's nothing you're doing :hugs: make sure you're hydrated though as that can affect both bp and heart rates.

Definitely nothing you are doing. I'm no health care professional(at least not the human kind! :) ) But that doesn't seem that bad to me. When I was pregnant with my DS, I had my blood pressure jump up to 140/85 a couple times. They weren't worried unless is stayed like that for a certain period of time. It usually happened when I was tired and in pain, since that does affect your blood pressure. Just try to stay relaxed and rested, and as tasha said, keep well hydrated. I'm sure everything will be fine.

Thanks girls. I will drink plenty and im sure we will both be better next week.

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"