31 weeks and low birth weight

Hi mybaby was 28+6 weeks and 700g. The scan that morning said she was around 1100-1200g so they can't really tell u what actual size baby is by these things.

Hoping all the best for u Hun and baby stays in a bit longer and grows

My LO was born at 31 weeks, I had a growth scan the week before and their estimate was over a 1lb out. He was in 7 weeks. Sending you hugs and thinking of you x

Hi lexi,

I have followed your story a little and I just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you.

Praying for a positive outcome for you and you little man.

Much love. Xx

oooh I wish I had found your post earlier! My son was born at 27 weeks because of a severe growth delay. He so was tiny he didn`t even register on the machines, even the top ones at our tier 4 hospital. He was estimated at around 450g. They decided his odds were now better outside so I had a csection. They were pessimistic as to his survival.

Well he weighed 570g, barely above 1 lb, the weight of a 23 weeker, 2nd percentile for size. You can read all of the details in my signature. I won`t deny it was rough during the first few weeks. But not only did he survive, he`s doing great and at 17 months corrected he`s showing no signs of his rough start in life - well except still being very small, but he'll catch up in a few years.

I was told again and again that even the top ultrasound technology can only guestimate the weight of these little guys. So that 350g could easily be a lot more. THere`s a big error factor in their estimates.

Good luck - send me a msg if you want to talk...thinking of you :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thank you everyone. made it to 33 weeks now and he's now weighing 1000g :) getting a date on Friday for c section, it will be between 34 and 36 weeks, I'm 34 weeks on Monday...scary!! I know he's still going to be tiny, but his chances have gone up significantly. Just got to hope for the best. Vermeil - 570g is so small, it's wonderful to hear that he's doing so well :) xx

fab news and if you get to 36 weeks and they have the weight wrong and baby is healthy and 5lbs and above you could be home very soon (well thats the rules in our hospitals near us healthy and over 5lbs) good luck xx

I, too, wish I'd found your thread earlier - our son Andrew was born at 29+1 (I had steroid jabs at 28wks) and he weighed 638g, so one of the tiniest on here!! He's now 30 months old, still pint-sized, and doing fine.

Aw that's brilliant news! So, so delighted little one has gained some weight! xoxo

Thank you everyone. made it to 33 weeks now and he's now weighing 1000g :) getting a date on Friday for c section, it will be between 34 and 36 weeks, I'm 34 weeks on Monday...scary!! I know he's still going to be tiny, but his chances have gone up significantly. Just got to hope for the best. Vermeil - 570g is so small, it's wonderful to hear that he's doing so well :) xx

Just wanted to say hope everything goes ok today. I see you're in Norfolk-I assume you're going to NNUH? The neo-natal team there are absolutely amazing. DS2 was born at 32 weeks in November 2010 due to me having PE. I had a growth scan done a week before and they'd estimated his weight to be just under 2lb...he arrived weighing 3lb 8oz so the margin of error can be quite high-there is no way he put on that much weight in a week.

If you haven't had a look round yet then please ask if you can go and see NICU? It really put my mind at rest to be able to know where he was going to go.

Feel free to message me as well if you like x

Thank you everyone. C section booked for Monday morning. I'll be exactly 34 weeks and he's estimated at just over 2lbs. Ihearttc, was only just over 100g in a week, that's not much?? I had a look round nicu today at nnuh. I know they'll do everything they can for him and hopefully he'll be home sooner rather than later. Just so scared about the c section x

wow. dont have a preemi myself but just wanted to say that I am thinking of you. I know it will be hard but get lots of rest this weekend. Next week you'll be a mommy!! I also know that scans can be wrong with weight, my sister had gestational diabetes and they said that my nephew was going to be over 9lbs at 38 weeks... well they were wrong he was born around 6 lbs!

Good luck and I am sure all will go well with the section. Keep us posted

Thank you everyone. C section booked for Monday morning. I'll be exactly 34 weeks and he's estimated at just over 2lbs. Ihearttc, was only just over 100g in a week, that's not much?? I had a look round nicu today at nnuh. I know they'll do everything they can for him and hopefully he'll be home sooner rather than later. Just so scared about the c section x

Nope hun I meant that if my growth scan had been accurate that my DS would have put on over 1 1/2 lb in a week to get to the weight he was born at...I probably didn't explain it very well! Just meant that those scans can be really inaccurate-I spent all that week worrying and worrying because they really scared me that he was tiny and he came out much bigger than anyone thought so have got everything crossed that your little one does the same.

Glad you got to have a look round-they really are amazing in there. Hope everything goes well on monday-will be thinking of you x

Good luck for Monday.
My son was born at 34+6 weighing 2lb 11 1/2oz. He did well as he had the correct development for his gestation, just tiny. He was in an incubator just for warmth for 3 days, he didn't need any oxygen and was in really good condition. We were in for nearly 5 weeks and he came home near his due date. He was classed as just needing to feed and grow.

Want too wish u best of luck for tomorrow, try not too worry about ur section to much it will be over and done with before u know it, best of luck for the birth of ur little man keep us updated xx

just popped past to say al be thinking of you tomorrow all will be fine and just think you get to see your wee baby tomorrow xxx

All the best for tomorrow x

Good luck for tomorrow, will be thinking of you's! xo

Thinking of you hon and praying everything has gone well. Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back