31 wks boy names

bassdesire

Reaction score
I have posted before. Need something Hebrew/Jewish/Israeli/Biblical (but not like David). I totally get if you hate all the names. They are unusual in "normal" circumstances :) no offense taken at all.

Zalman (Zal for short)
Ezra
Oren
Dov
Ronen
Simon
Judah
Matan

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Zalman (Zal for short) 1/10
Ezra 4/10
Oren 3/10
Dov 3/10
Ronen 5/10
Simon 5/10
Judah 8/10
Matan 7/10

Judah and Matan are best imho

Simon and Ronen are not too unusual (ive met people with these names before) so wont get picked on where as some non Jewish people think Ezra is a girls name etc...

Love Ezra :)

Simon Ezra or Ezra Simon sound great!

Yeah it could be thought of as a girl name, hmmmmm, of course I've always known it to be for a boy

I'm so stuck on names! I live Simon but all the others in my family will have s names except my oldest daughter. I worry about her being left out

I like all of them except for Zalman. I have concerns, though, about Dov, just because it is so different in English and I think will really catch people off guard ("as in, 'I dove off the diving board?'"), and I think Ronen would constantly be spelled Ronan. Matan might be a bit ambiguous to pronounce (people might say MAY-tawn or similar) but I'm sure they would get it once they learned how to say it. You can't go wrong with the others IMO :flower:

Yeah, Dov isn't a favorite actually. Zalman was a new one and my hubby HATES it lol!!

Matan I think wouldn't be an issue pronunciation wise as I don't see May-tawn as being a likely way to think of saying it??

The spelling concern is a non-issue to me, you know Aron Aaron Erin, Amy, Aimee, Steven, Stephen etc...

Ugh, I'm just at a loss :/ this happened with my second child as well--took until 4 days after birth to pick a name :)

Oh, good. That's how I was saying it.

What about something like Zachariah? Or is that too common?

The only issue with Zachariah, which is a lovely name, is it's much more Christian than Jewish. Some of the Biblical names are like that--like I've never net a Jewish Josiah or Zachariah etc. so it would be like I didn't pick a Jewish name at all if that makes sense??

I liked Amos but then I realized it is close to anus and sounds kind if like a dog's name (I'm sorry if anyone has picked that name just mo)

People will invent all kinds of nonintuitive ways to pronounce names they're not familiar with :shrug:

I think you have some good ones there already, but if you're not feeling happy with any of them...Isaiah? Asher?

I do think it's trendy, but not enough that it would bother me personally. I love the meaning.

some non Jewish people think Ezra is a girls name etc...

Honestly, apart from a few posts on here, I've never known anyone who thougth Ezra was a girl's name. It dates back a very long time only ever as a masculine name. There are famous Ezras, and trust me, they're all men. I think this needn't be a worry. They will either have never heard the name before or will and know it's for a boy.

Ezra is my favourite by far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->