31 wks boy names

some non Jewish people think Ezra is a girls name etc...

Honestly, apart from a few posts on here, I've never known anyone who thougth Ezra was a girl's name. It dates back a very long time only ever as a masculine name. There are famous Ezras, and trust me, they're all men. I think this needn't be a worry. They will either have never heard the name before or will and know it's for a boy.

Ezra is my favourite by far.

neither have I but Ive never asked people before and on here it seemed to be an issue

kind of a sad association but when I hear Ezra I think holocaust because the only time I have heard that name has been holocaust survivors (dont know if it dropped in popularity afterward or if its just because i dont know many Jewish people but that would be the main name I associate with it as other Jewish names seem to pop up more often)

:( You're right, it had a spike of popularity in the early 20th century then dropped out, although I guess you're just more likely to hear any Jewish name on those programmes than on the street. It's making a comeback now and I'm glad, it's a lovely name.

Really like Oren (I'd spell it Orrin) and Ronen (Ronan). Ezra would be my 3rd fave.

Really don't like Dov, as I'd either pronounce it as in dove in the water or the bird/soap Dove...I like Donovan which is kindof similar. I'd also suggest Madden instead of Matan which I just find odd.

Really like Oren (I'd spell it Orrin) and Ronen (Ronan). Ezra would be my 3rd fave.

Really don't like Dov, as I'd either pronounce it as in dove in the water or the bird/soap Dove...I like Donovan which is kindof similar. I'd also suggest Madden instead of Matan which I just find odd.

Donovan and Madden are far from Jewish names :) those wouldn't fly in our family :) I'm not loving Dov or Matan at the moment, though, but they are pretty common names for practicing Jews :) same withy spelling preferences for the others :)

I absolutely LOVE the name JUDAH!!! LOVE IT!!!!!

Ezra seems to be obviously a boys name to me. It has been a boys name since forever and I really think the only people who would think otherwise would be people who were pretty clueless.
I love Matan and Oren- such strong, beautiful names.
And honestly, none of the names you've suggested could be considered half as odd as the made up names so many people come up with!
You've got some really great names there:) I think you could be confident in picking any from that list:)

would think otherwise would be people who were pretty clueless.

This was the word I was looking for! I didn't want to say ill-educated incase I got shouted down for being a snob like I normally am :haha:

Judah, like Jude NN

I can imagine myself saying, "hey Jude" all the time!!

I am a fan of the Beatles!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->