32 week growth scan- wowzers!!

karen1stbaby

Reaction score
Had my growth scan today and it was lovely. Baby sucking thumb and moving around loads so all was good.

She however was weighing in at 5 lbs already!!
I love cute, fat babies as my prev was 7.11 and 9.3 and the 9.3 was chunky, fed well, slept well and I wasn't scared I was going to break her! Plus a much faster pushing stage in labour.
I have just worked it out that she will be over 10lbs born ( based on average weight gains )!
It does make my eyes water a bit lol lol!
They have put her 3 weeks 2 days ahead of dates - do u think they will change dates or leave me now?
Uuuuuummmmmmmmm chunky babies are gorgeous! Xxxx

Had my growth scan today and it was lovely. Baby sucking thumb and moving around loads so all was good.

She however was weighing in at 5 lbs already!!
I love cute, fat babies as my prev was 7.11 and 9.3 and the 9.3 was chunky, fed well, slept well and I wasn't scared I was going to break her! Plus a much faster pushing stage in labour.
I have just worked it out that she will be over 10lbs born ( based on average weight gains )!
It does make my eyes water a bit lol lol!
They have put her 3 weeks 2 days ahead of dates - do u think they will change dates or leave me now?
Uuuuuummmmmmmmm chunky babies are gorgeous! Xxxx

Ouch!!

I'm with you there though I love chubby little babies! I was told at my 32 week scan that bubs has a full head of hair and very long legs!

They won't change your dates. Also these scans can be out by quite a bit sometimes.
I had my 34weeks scan today and they estimated bubs at 6lbs, ds was born at just before 37 weeks and was 7lbs 13 so I'm expecting around the same growth rate as that.
But I'm with you I love wee chubby babies!

U/S for dating is not very accurate after the 12 week mark. And with every week after that it grows even more inaccurate. So i would guess that they arn't changing dates.
and ya never know, you might go early too. Plus, those scans that do weight and stuff can be wrong by up to 3lbs in either direction.

My dd weighed exactly the same at 32 weeks. She was born at 38 weeks weighing 8.4 pounds and 21 inches she was huge! Sooo cute tho.

firstly the scans aren't that accurate, and secondly they won't change your dates because 10lbs is not an unreasonable weight to push out ;) It's big, sure, but it's manageable x

I didn't think they would change but just wondering as u never know!
Yeah I'm not worried about larger baby and pushing it out as it was easier than my first, no intervention and no tears so not worried all about a 10lber xxx

My husband weighed 12 lbs (no I am not kidding) and his mom birthed him just fine vaginally with no tears :flower:

Congrats on a healthy lil bub! :) We get to go for another growth scan at 32 weeks so this gets me excited to see our little one too!

I love chunky babies too, they're so cute! I think our little girl is going to be on the small side though, at the last scan they told us she was just a little peanut and although her weight was in the average range, it was on the small side. Who knows though! Can't wait to meet her regardless.

I had a scan today at 31+4 and measured between 35-36 weeks and baby is also estimated 5lbs 3oz... I am hoping they are really inaccurate :haha: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->