32 week scan update, House move & Maternity leave. [updated with pics]

Ria_Rose

Mum to JJ & expecting #2
Reaction score
Well we finally did it. We moved into our new house last Saturday. I got told off frequently for trying to help (felt a bit useless stood there directing boxes, so kept trying to move things myself when OH wasn't looking). We have so far unpacked all of our clothes and put them in the ikea units OH spent all weekend building, LO's room and the kitchen ... keep finding essentials we need to buy for the kitchen just when we need them eg- wooden spatulars when in the middle of lightly frying chicken. lol. But all is good.

JJ's room is currently a big empty shell with carseats, bouncers, teddybears and clear tubs full of clothes linning the walls. The only furniture is a toybox and I'm itching to get started.

Just before we embarked on the BIG MOVE we finally had our 32 week scan. I was a little nervous as they were checking to see if his heart and kidneys had inproved since last time. This time they said the fleck in the heart appears to have stayed the same size but his heart has gotten bigger, so he should just out grow it :happydance: They had real trouble locating the kidneys, which the sonographer said was good news as, if they were still dilated they would have been clearly visable, they eventually found the left one and it measured just right :happydance:. And then shey showed us his face for the first time :cloud9: we saw him sucking his lips and holding his ear. Not bad for a 2D scan. Very excitingly he has my lips!! When I was born I had quite big lips that were slightly down turned (think baby Shilo) and he looks just like I did in my baby photos. And we got a few scan pics (will have to add once I'm on my own computer)

Also I'm now on maternity leave (well technically on holiday for 2 weeks then maternity but it equates to the same thing). Think it was good timing as I was starting to over-do it at work. The cat is also settling in and is good company. He thinks it's great to have me home all day, he's in for a shock when he stops being my number one boy thou. lol.

I've registered with the midwife down here. The local surgery is lovely. I've also rung the Swindon Hospital to register for ante-natal classes. Trying to find some mother and bump groups to join as I don;t really know anyone here. My midwife has suggested pre-natal yoga and they do post-natal too where you can bring the baby, so I'll have to look into that.

I've also registered with the local libaray, so I can go online. Currently looking up land-line and broadband packages so I can connect from home. And then there will be no stopping me ;)

Anyway I've missed a lot, so I will try to read as many threads as I can while I'm, on here. It's really great to be back. I've missed you guys.:blush:

-------
Pics updates, so so some people struggle to see LO in these, I'm hoping being experienced scan viewers you'll get them, but just in in the first one he is almost in silluoette - the light just picks up the side of his face and (bizarrely) one eyebrow, the second one you can only really make out his nose and mouth (I did an enlargement at the bottom of the page in case you still can't see it) and in the last one ... well the sonographer called this his 'Homer Simpson' face because he was sticking his mouth out.
https://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll2/Rianna_reo/32weekscan01.jpg https://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll2/Rianna_reo/32weekscan02.jpg https://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll2/Rianna_reo/32weekscan03.jpg

https://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll2/Rianna_reo/32weekscan02b.jpg

yay welcome back glad you settled in ok and finding your feet.xxx

Welcome back hun, it's good to hear such positive vibes from you. Cant wait to see piks of everything when your all settelled! :D

So glad all is looking good hon must be a huge relief for you all xxx and i would def reccomend the Yoga im loving my classes have learnt so much about breathing etc. xxx

Glad to hear everything is going well hun! Hope you enjoy your new house, and you will be thankful for the early matleave.

[Photos added]

Sorry for the delay, will be 2 more weeks before I get internet at home, so having to use library computers - which are so slow!!

Awwww glad everything went well, scan pics are lovely!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->