32yo TTC #1, looking for a Buddy!

LillyTame

Mom of 2 boys
Reaction score
Happy New Year Ladies!

Any ladies out there looking for TTC buddies?! What's a TTC buddy to me - there are so many awesome ladies on here to talk to and get advice from, but a lot of ladies come and go - me and my TTC buddy(ies) would basically be stalkers of each other :haha: Let's stick together through our journeys - ups and downs! :hugs:

A little about me - been hanging around for a few months in WTT/NTNP waiting for Jan 1. I've picked up some ideas and tips and I'm ready! This will be my #1, but I do have 3 furbabies that I dote over. Me and OH live in Hawaii and I absolutely love it here, but I'm originally from Cali. I came off Depo on Nov(well did get my due shot), so I haven't had a "full" period yet...but I'm hoping one was due this month...but I'm hoping to miss it due to a BFP lol

That's it for now...lots of sticky bean dust to everyone! :dust:

Hello. I'm new to this website. Been waiting for a while but like you as of today were finally TTC. Had my last pill last night will b strange not taking it tonight. I'm very excited at the prospect of getting pregnant and becoming a mummy soon.
I'm 25 btw been married for 18 months been together for 7 1/2 years. Been on POP pill haven't seen sight nor sound of AF for nearly 2 years. So worried as to how long it will take to get regular again. Xx

Hi Keds! Welcome to BnB!

Congratulations on coming over to TTC! I hope your wait for AF doesn't take too long, so you can start TTC!

Brought OPKS and a thermometer so i can start charting. Hopefully will get a better idea of. Where im at them. Should arrivd tomorrow. Are you charting or planning to? X

Brought OPKS and a thermometer so i can start charting. Hopefully will get a better idea of. Where im at them. Should arrivd tomorrow. Are you charting or planning to? X

Yep I'm charting, this is my first month...so I'm new at that. I went oral, but am thinking about doing vaginal tempts next time so I can get more consistant temps. You can see my chart at the bottom of my sig.

I've been using the OPKs for a few days now too and I'm not seeing much of a change...I hope I'm not one of the unlucky ones that OPKs dont work for. What kind of OPKs did you buy?

I just bought ICies for now as I don't think I will ovulate for a bit with only recently coming off the pill. I think if we have no luck for a couple of months and I start to become more regular with my cycles then I will try the clear blue ones.
Think I will chart temp orally but not sure how it will work as I work shifts. Is vaginally suppose to be more accurate? I'm also checking CM but that's pretty non exciting at the moment. X

It is supposedly more consistant and it makes sense when you think about how some days you may or may not sleep with your mouth open or closed. Well it makes sense to me anyway lol. I tried googling it, but didn't find toooo much on it, but there were a couple little blurbs about it being better.

I don't consistantly check CM. I hate the task of it lol. Have you seen the CM pictures that are out there? How in the world do they get so much CM out! I never get that much CM on my fingers when I do check. lol

Ah rite ok thats interesting. Think i will try orally to start but at least i know theres another option if the results arent too clear.

Ive been checking but its the only thing i am checking until my OPKS and thermometer arrive. Ive not seen pics will probably have to look now youve said. Haha. X

My OPKs are finally getting darker :happydance:

Since I haven't had a full AF since coming off depo, I was worried I wouldn't OV yet, but it's looking hopeful that even if I don't catch an eggy this month, I am at least OVing. :thumbup:

My OPKs are finally getting darker :happydance:

Since I haven't had a full AF since coming off depo, I was worried I wouldn't OV yet, but it's looking hopeful that even if I don't catch an eggy this month, I am at least OVing. :thumbup:

Hi LillyTame! Sounds like we are pretty much in the same boat! Also doing the IC sticks and found that pos and neg results came and went while I was still waiting for AF to show up after stopping bcp. So confusing! Anyway, nice to meet you! :)

Hi, i'd love to have a ttc buddy. Im 31, and trying for our first. Hoping to convince myself to wait until sat to test as fx AF will be two days late. Currently driving myself nuts!

Hello Ladies! :hi: Thanks for joining me! I hope we all get our BFP really soon and can be bump buddies! :dust:

Keds195 - Hey, did you get your ICs and OPKs yet?

thayet - Hi! Nice to meet you! So where in the cycle are you? Are you still in CDs like me or DPOs?

wannabemummy2 - FX'd that you get you BFP! I am NOT one for holding out on testing! lmao I am going to try to make it to DPO10 though before I test. Is this your first cycle trying?

Hi Lillytame, yes this is our first cycle trying.
I was on depo injections for years, didn't realise just how much they would affect my fertility. Before them, i was like clockwork, could nearly tell you the time i was due on. It has taken almost 4 years for everything to get back to normal and even now i'm not so sure its all fully back. I don't have many symptoms as such, feel really sick each morning, but haven't been sick so i don't know if its all in my head or not. As i have only been tracking my cycle for one month, i don't even know if its 28 or 30 days so thought that if AF doesn't show ill test on sat but the wait is driving me nuts.
What is also worrying me is that we really tried this month, working out when i was ovulating and timing dtd around that - haven't tried the ovulation kits that everyone is talking about yet though.

I am very impatient and want to know now, cant help myself lol At least i'm back to work this week and have that to take my mind off things. Doesn't help that my SIL is due in less than 3 weeks, although i'm glad for her and will be really happy when the baby is born. We haven't even told them that we're trying.

How about you? Any signs/symptoms yet?

:dust: to all of us

Hello Ladies! :hi: Thanks for joining me! I hope we all get our BFP really soon and can be bump buddies! :dust:

Keds195 - Hey, did you get your ICs and OPKs yet?

thayet - Hi! Nice to meet you! So where in the cycle are you? Are you still in CDs like me or DPOs?

currently CD7, not sure what's going on in terms of cycle length but relying on temping, CM and OPKs to give the green light! only cycle #2 after stopping BCP though, so who knows. Took forever to get things going again after stopping! FX to all you ladies :)

wannabemummy2 - I don't know how long my cycles are either because this is my first month charting since stopping depo too. I'm hoping it wont take depo as long to wear off for me because I was only on it for a few months. I'm pretty thankful for the OPKs because it reassured me that I am at least OVing. So I recommend them, but I've heard they don't work well for everyone :shrug: kind of like pregnancy tests too...from what I've read around this site, certain test just don't pick up on some people's positives...but other tests work better for them. Just a game of trial and error I guess....learn as you go. I've only told one person that I am trying and that is because she shared with me that they had a loss but she is now about 16wks. I was happy to know some one in real life that was trying also...but now I feel left out because she got her BFP WAY before me. Anyway, so symptom spotting for me yet...I'm still very early...I think 2dpo...even though my chart hasn't pinpointed my OV date yet. I'm going with the day I felt OV pain on my right side AND got the darkest lines on the OPKs.

thayet - my CM sucked this month! lol I never got EWCM, but I got OV pain and positive OPKs.

Have you guys started picking names or buying things?
We have been picking names since before we officially started TTC! lol But I haven't bought anything...I feel like that would be jinxing myself :dohh:

thayet - my CM sucked this month! lol I never got EWCM, but I got OV pain and positive OPKs.

yeah I've heard that some people never 'detect' the EWCM - I had it once last cycle (and boy, the description is really accurate!) but I don't think I O'd last cycle. It can come and go, which is also confusing, because it depends on your estrogen level. That's why the temperatures are so important!

As for names etc.. no way.. took us three weeks to name our dog, so we agreed to not start arguing about that until we know for sure there is a gender to focus on lol :haha:

lol...that is funny! We just kind of see or hear a name then through it at each other whenever...we could be out to dinner...hear something and go what about "Lady or Joe" and the other person is just like No or maybe or yes...so it's pretty stress free that way. I'm glad too so I don't have to worry about a last minute rush when baby is almost here! But I'm the same way with my pets! I had their names picked out before I even saw them lol.

I'm still on the fence about temping, but it is still only my first cycle doing it. I'm doing it orally now, but I think I'm going to switch to vaginally next month. I hear it's more consistant. Also think we will try preseed to help when EWCM doesnt show but everything else points to OV.

I'm still on the fence about temping, but it is still only my first cycle doing it. I'm doing it orally now, but I think I'm going to switch to vaginally next month. I hear it's more consistant. Also think we will try preseed to help when EWCM doesnt show but everything else points to OV.

I keep my thermometer under my pillow.. super easy to temp while I'm still half asleep and before I move or anything :) And my preseed is on it's way! Sounds like we're trying all the same things :) Argh waiting is the worst!

Yea I keep mine right on my night stand with my phone...my phone has the FF app so I just immediately enter temp so I don't forget.

We got this! :thumbup: :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->