32yo TTC #1, looking for a Buddy!

btw your pets are adorable.. what are their names?

Oh those aren't mine...but aren't they just the sweetest?! I thought that was the perfect pic for this site considering I'm a cat lover too. I DO have 3 cats though...Sophia, Sadie and Gigi. Do you have any pets? Check out the link to my pet thread right there in my signature....loooads of cutie pies there that the girls from BnB have shared.

Oh those aren't mine...but aren't they just the sweetest?! I thought that was the perfect pic for this site considering I'm a cat lover too. I DO have 3 cats though...Sophia, Sadie and Gigi. Do you have any pets? Check out the link to my pet thread right there in my signature....loooads of cutie pies there that the girls from BnB have shared.

awwww... so cute! I have a cat named Kai (she's 8 or so) and our first fur baby is Molly, an English bulldog! here's her photo.. she's ridiculous :)

Attachments

• halloween 2012.jpg
    halloween 2012.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 0
Ha! That is a super cute pic! I think about getting a dog some times. But that will definitely have to wait till we buy a home. How old is Molly?

Molly just turned 2.. she's good practice for a real baby, as she is rather high-maintenance ;)

CD8 today.. playing hide-and-seek with my OPKs.. super fun! :) how're things going with you?

I know about the good practice for real kids! If you were listening outside of our door you would think we had toddlers because you would hear "what's that in your mouth? Don't eat that! Stop chasing sissy! Honey can you get me the wipes I have to clean Sadie's bum." :rofl:

AFM, FF finally shows my crosshairs! :happydance: So I am officially in the 2ww and on 3dpo! OOOOOH exciting! lol Going to see if I can manage to wait till 10dpo before testing :coffee: but honestly for some reason, I don't "feel" like this is our month. Maybe it's just too early...I don't know :shrug:

I noticed this morning that because of my allergies..some times I can't keep my mouth closed the whole time while taking my temp..and my temp ended up being lower than yesterday....that's why I think I'm going to try vaginally next cycle.

So how is your OH? Is he on board with all the cooky stuff we do...or are you like most of us and only keep him updated on an as needed bases? lol

I know about the good practice for real kids! If you were listening outside of our door you would think we had toddlers because you would hear "what's that in your mouth? Don't eat that! Stop chasing sissy! Honey can you get me the wipes I have to clean Sadie's bum." :rofl:

Haha this is our house.. so many wipes for one dog :p

AFM, FF finally shows my crosshairs! :happydance: So I am officially in the 2ww and on 3dpo! OOOOOH exciting! lol Going to see if I can manage to wait till 10dpo before testing :coffee: but honestly for some reason, I don't "feel" like this is our month. Maybe it's just too early...I don't know :shrug:

Yay for crosshairs! Yeah the POAS urge is fierce in the dpo stage.. see if you can wait it out! Maybe reward yourself for waiting.. I think I'm going to buy myself a new book or something if I can NOT POAS ahead of schedule :thumbup:

as for DH, we're not really doing this whole ttc together. For him, if we get preggo, great, but he's not as invested in it as I am. I started off actually not wanting kids for most of my 20s, but now I know that having one (just one! see, not greedy! lol) is what I want. So I'm pretty much on my own, which is why having support is so great :)

I think my OH just thinks I'm doing too much. This IS our first month TTC after all...like the preseed...when i wanted to go buy that he said that just seems so unnatural...can't we at least just give it a few months of trying on our own. I pouted. But I will give him a month...then going to get my preseed lol. Most men just don't seem to have the same sense of urgency.

Maybe because I read all the stories and I see how long it can take, it makes me want to increase my chances as much as possible every time. :coffee:

Good for you for not being greedy....I want THREE! :rofl: OH isn't too sure about 3, he wants 2. So we agreed if we get 2 of the same we will give it a third shot at getting a different gender lol. Do you have a gender preference?

I agree with you about wanting to try everything at once.. once you hit 30, you don't want to waste time! I figure stuff like preseed, vitamins, acupuncture, etc. can't hurt, and if they help, then great! I haven't decided if I want to go down the road of more invasive interventions yet if things don't pan out.. we'll see how the next 6 months goes. If I had three, I think DH would kill me.. :lol:

Gender preference is a tricky one! I'm more comfortable with little girls, just having spent more time around them (and having BEEN one) but I would be okay with either. Healthy comes first. I think DH would prefer a boy, he likes sports etc.. okay so I'm hoping for a girl who's good at softball, that's my final answer! :D

What about you? With more than one your odds are good to get at least one of each.. any preferences?

lol@final answer

I would love to raise this beautiful, confident, independent young lady that I can have the type of relationship with that I never had with my mother...but then some times kids rebel for no friggin real and you end up in a screaming match over booty shorts and navel rings :rofl: So sometimes the thought of having a girl scares me...I just feel like there is so much more that could go wrong lmao. Boys just seem easier! :shrug: And OH is really the same...and when we see some teeny bopper walking down the street in booty shorts we cringe and think what the hell would we do if our kid wanted to dress like that. That's just one worry of many. But that does make me lean more towards boys...my final answer....two boys and THEN a girl. The two boys first to keep an eye on their little sister! lol But overall you are right...healthy and happy is all that matters.

I just thought about something...someone on the vent thread got mad because people say gender instead of biological sex. So I don't want to offend...I just think at this stage it's irrelavent. You assume gender until the child is old enough to identify anyway...IMO.

Really? People get offended at that? I am so far behind the politically correct curve.. :dohh:

Yeah we're like that too.. we see some teenaged girl and realize that a) we can't accurately determine her age, b) she's terrifyingly underdressed and c) she's someone's kid! Egads! As DH says, with boys you only need to worry about one penis, and with a girl you gotta worry about ALL the penises. :D

To be honest I can't even comprehend what it would be like to be pregnant, let alone have an actual kid dependent on you for every waking need.. insanity!

My OPK is practically non-existent.. still trying to get the hang of monitoring cervix position but it's such an awkward thing!

That's funny...one penis vs all the penises...I will tell OH that one!

That's how my OPKs were and I was so scared I was never going to get a positive lol...but it slowly got darker then bam! 2days of just slightly lighter than control line then it started to fade again. I gave up on monitoring my cervix...I just don't get it!:shrug: I actually feel a little queasy trying to touch it lol but I monitor the CM. I never got EWCM so...maybe that's why I'm not feeling hopeful this cycle.

I gave up on monitoring my cervix...I just don't get it!:shrug: I actually feel a little queasy trying to touch it lol but I monitor the CM. I never got EWCM so...maybe that's why I'm not feeling hopeful this cycle.

Yeah it's sorta weird.. but you can actually feel it changing from firm to soft and low to high over the course of your cycle. And PLUS, the only reason I know I FINALLY had ewcm was because (sorry this is tmi) I found it while checking my cervix. It's so gross but hey.. whatever works right??

:dust:

:blush:Ok, soooo...talk about TMI...let's get detailed here! lmao

This may sound weird, but I was wondering if other people use one finger or two...like maybe I'm not noticing much CM because I only use one finger :shrug: I need to stop being a pansy and just go in there! lol

:blush:Ok, soooo...talk about TMI...let's get detailed here! lmao

This may sound weird, but I was wondering if other people use one finger or two...like maybe I'm not noticing much CM because I only use one finger :shrug: I need to stop being a pansy and just go in there! lol

Okay.. so.. what I read was to use two fingers, but yeah, I stick with one. Closest to the cervix is best, though.. soooo much tmi :shock:

Ooooh...ok, that's good info...I really don't go close to the cervix...just a quickie in and out:blush:. Thanks for the info :thumbup:

LOL.. seriously I could never talk about this stuff IRL with my friends.. I think I might burst into flames or something!

lol...I guess I'm lucky because most of my friends are nurses so I could talk to them and feel comfortable if I needed to but none of them are going through this so I've just chosen to keep things to myself. Like one friend...I just found out she had one MC but is now 16wks with another baby...when I found out I started to ask her different stuff like we discuss here on BnB and she was just like oh no we just "made a deposit" at the right time. And I just thought...oh must be nice lol. I don't know...just the way she said it was off-putting for me. I didn't want to discuss what I was doing any longer. And then because I'm not married...when i do tell people (my sister and 2 friends) we are TTC their first reaction is are you guys getting married? Tired of explaining myself. We are ready and capable, that's all that matters. And we love each other of course lol.

lol...I guess I'm lucky because most of my friends are nurses so I could talk to them and feel comfortable if I needed to but none of them are going through this so I've just chosen to keep things to myself. Like one friend...I just found out she had one MC but is now 16wks with another baby...when I found out I started to ask her different stuff like we discuss here on BnB and she was just like oh no we just "made a deposit" at the right time. And I just thought...oh must be nice lol. I don't know...just the way she said it was off-putting for me. I didn't want to discuss what I was doing any longer. And then because I'm not married...when i do tell people (my sister and 2 friends) we are TTC their first reaction is are you guys getting married? Tired of explaining myself. We are ready and capable, that's all that matters. And we love each other of course lol.

Yeah all my friends are moms, basically, so talking to them would just start an endless stream of baby-related chatter that will never end. I love them, don't get me wrong, but you can only hear about other people's kids for so long before you start to want to barf a little bit. :sick:

Also, I don't think you should have to defend yourself or your OH.. who cares if you're not married? As long as your kid will be happy and provided for, that's all that matters. I can see why you don't want to invite the question, though. Haha, if you get married, that's the ONLY question you get! "sooo, when are you going to have chiiilldreennnnnnn?" Gah! WHEN I CAN OKAY. :growlmad:

In an aside, I'm a lab technologist and I actually used to do the IVF testing on Sunday mornings, so the lab part of it is old news to me :) Kinda similar to nursing when you know just enough science to be dangerous lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->