32yo TTC #1, looking for a Buddy!

It's funny that we aren't getting the WHEN but any time I say I have some news...the first guess from my closest aunt and cousin is...You're pregnant! lmao They don't even know we are trying but they are ready! They are like a mom and sister to me...I KNOW they will be happy no matter what :thumbup:

I only have one friend on facebook that frequently writes about her little ones...it's sweet but it just makes me want my own memories and milestones. :coffee:

So I have to find some cutesy way to tell my aunt and cousin when the time arrives...have you thought about that...about how you will tell DH and family and friends? I know for my facebook announcement I'm gonna take a pic of three pairs of "slippahs" on the beach...you know flip flops? They are most common here, people wear them EVERYWHERE lol. Can't wait to buy an itty bitty pair of slippahs. I read on thread where a lady placed a half of a hamburger bun in the oven then told her OH to go check the oven something smelled funny...well he said perfectly well you have a bun in the oven! I was thinking that is soooo cute, but my OH wouldn't say bun...he would definitely say bread or some other nonsense lol

Hi Ladies :sad2:

looking for a bit of support this morning, :witch: arrived this morning - one day early! Which now means that my cycle is 28 days. I was gutted, wanted to wait until tomorrow to test but had no need to this morning.

On the plus side ( and believe me this was hard to find!!), i do want to lose weight before we conceive. So i can do that without worrying myself.
Met my new niece last night, so small and adorable - it didnt hurt like i thought it would - was nice to be part of something so special, but i do want to be next!

As for telling people, haven't really thought an awful lot about that - no body knows that we are trying so when we get our :bfp: we'll have to think of something special. No way i could keep it from my OH, he's getting to know my cycle as well as i do.

wannabe: ah that sucks.. sorry to hear :(

Lilly: yeah I hear you, DH would absolutely screw up the joke :haha: One friend of ours did it when everyone was there, but I think if I did that, he'd kill me. Although I *am* tempted to sell tickets, since he will probably freak out :D I think the flip-flop idea is so cute, plus then you get to go buy shoes, which is the best part!

Side note - I did my first acupuncture treatment this morning, and I feel great! It's too bad it's so expensive, or I would do it alllll the time.. I feel so relaxed. Turns out my acupuncturist is also ttc with his wife, too funny! We had a good chat.

Awww wannabemummy2 I'm sorry to hear that...you were soooo close dang it! I'm glad you did get to enjoy your time with your new niece though, what's her name?

As for the weight, I do want to lose some weight too, but I'm trying to do it along the way. Yesterday I was reading that if you aren't already very active you shouldn't start...(supposed to be keeping heart rate under 140 and don't want body to over heat), so I'm feeling conflicted. I think I will just keep walking and try to keep it low impact when I'm in my TWW but ramp it up once AF shows.

thayet - yea, I keep picturing these itty bitty slippers next to our big ones...can't wait to buy them! But I don't want to get too far ahead of myself...as if planning wasn't far enough lol.

That's really cool that you have that in common with your acupuncturist. Gives you something to chat about. Did he say how long they have been trying?

AFM, I'm a little frustrated today that my crosshairs on my FF temp chart moved up a day...so I'm 3dpo instead of 4. As if the wait wasn't already long enough. Apparently it didn't like the temp I put in today...said the new dotted, instead of solid, lines were due to conflicting symptoms. :shrug: I was already feeling out for this month but now more so because we didn't DTD on that day or the day after :nope:

Is there room for me in here? OH and I are both 32, and we started "officially" TTC #1 on January 1st. (We've been lazily using FAM as birth control for a couple of years now, and I was sort of hoping we'd have a slip-up, but no luck. :winkwink:)

CD1 was December 29th, so we may all be pretty close to the same spot in our cycle. Fingers crossed that this is our month!

That's really cool that you have that in common with your acupuncturist. Gives you something to chat about. Did he say how long they have been trying?

AFM, I'm a little frustrated today that my crosshairs on my FF temp chart moved up a day...so I'm 3dpo instead of 4. As if the wait wasn't already long enough. Apparently it didn't like the temp I put in today...said the new dotted, instead of solid, lines were due to conflicting symptoms. :shrug: I was already feeling out for this month but now more so because we didn't DTD on that day or the day after :nope:

Yeah he said they've been trying since late 2012.. two mc at 6w2d. So sad :( At least he gets why I'm doing it!

I kinda agree with FF with regards to your chart though.. it does look like you O'd maybe a day later than you thought. :( Sucks that it adds another day to your tww though! :growlmad:

Is there room for me in here? OH and I are both 32, and we started "officially" TTC #1 on January 1st. (We've been lazily using FAM as birth control for a couple of years now, and I was sort of hoping we'd have a slip-up, but no luck. :winkwink:)

CD1 was December 29th, so we may all be pretty close to the same spot in our cycle. Fingers crossed that this is our month!

Hi txbiscuit! :hi: Welcome :flower:

What is FAM? I'm not familiar with that abbrev. Are you charting? or using OPKs?

Yay :happydance: Another buddy!

thayet - I wonder if he does acupuncture on his wife? That would be interesting. :shrug:

Someone just posted this reading https://npr.pl/badania/timing_intercourse.pdf in another thread...haven't had a chance to read it all, will on my lunch break...but the one snippet I did read made me feel more hopeful...it said something about conception most likely if sex is 5 and under days before OV...not after OV...which would put me at a better place this month because we were pretty much DTD every other day leading up to OV. But I want to read the whole article. :coffee:

thayet - I wonder if he does acupuncture on his wife? That would be interesting. :shrug:

Someone just posted this reading https://npr.pl/badania/timing_intercourse.pdf in another thread...haven't had a chance to read it all, will on my lunch break...but the one snippet I did read made me feel more hopeful...it said something about conception most likely if sex is 5 and under days before OV...not after OV...which would put me at a better place this month because we were pretty much DTD every other day leading up to OV. But I want to read the whole article. :coffee:

He does do acupuncture on his wife, but doesn't treat her infertility specifically, because that would be a conflict of interest. But definitely cheaper for her!

And yes you're right. Sperm can survive UP TO five days after BD.. whereas the egg has something like a 24-36 hr lifespan. So as long as you BD up to and including your O date, you should be good! Also fun fact: female swimmers live longer than males and swim slower. Some people try to use that particular fact to conceive a girl or boy specifically, but I just think it's hilarious that the boys don't live as long :haha:

Hi, and welcome! Always room for one more :) Yeah we are pretty much on the same day, Jan 1st was CD1 for me! And also I wanted to ask what FAM is too, super curious :)

Hi txbiscuit! :hi: Welcome :flower:

What is FAM? I'm not familiar with that abbrev. Are you charting? or using OPKs?

Yay :happydance: Another buddy!

Woo! FAM = fertility awareness method of birth control. Sorry for the confusion! I was charting to avoid pregnancy. I was pretty lazy about it, but it seemed to keep me from not getting preggers. Hopefully it will work as well now that we're trying!

It would be nice to know an acupuncturist (discount!), but it might be stressful to be the acupuncturist husband. Can you imagine the pressure?

It would be nice to know an acupuncturist (discount!), but it might be stressful to be the acupuncturist husband. Can you imagine the pressure?

Ahhh gotcha. Yeah he said as much, "I wish it was me instead of her with the problem". It's hard for him to see her go through 2 mc's and not be able to help. I told him, at least she CAN O and GET pregnant, that's half the battle! Lots of us out there can't even manage that on our own.. that seemed to cheer him up a bit.

BTW, acupuncture is super awesome.. I'm totally a convert after one session :D

Thanks for explaining txbiscuit - that's what I thought it was but I didn't know the exact title for it.

thayet - I think you are referring you Shettles Method...I've heard of that and if it's true, then according to that if we got preggers this time it would be for sure a girl.

Have you guys ever watched the Great Sperm Race? (don't recall if I mentioned it earlier in the thread) Pretty interesting documentrary and funny...at least it was while watching it with my OH. Now all he refers to is the "sperm hell" that is my vagina :rofl: You can find it on youtube if you haven't seen it.

Have you guys ever watched the Great Sperm Race? (don't recall if I mentioned it earlier in the thread) Pretty interesting documentrary and funny...at least it was while watching it with my OH. Now all he refers to is the "sperm hell" that is my vagina :rofl: You can find it on youtube if you haven't seen it.

NO.. haha.. it sounds hilarious, though, so I will def check it out tonight. It's true, though, the V is a pretty hostile environment to those little swimmers! Sometimes I feel sort of bad about how many of them meet their demise every time.. :cry:

Speaking of which, can't wait for my preseed to arrive.. hurrrrrry up!

Speaking of preseed...I got a chance to read that article and although it made me feel a little better about our timing for DTD, it reminded me that I didn't get EWCM (at least none that I noticed)...so that kind of deflated my sense of hope....boy is this journey a rollercoaster!! :wacko:

I know right.. ups and downs every day!

Today's weirdness: my bbt went up to 97.5 (yesterday was 97.1!) but my OPKs are consistently negative. Maybe a result of the acupuncture? Only CD10 so still pretty early.. ugh.. this is going to screw up my FF chart!

Should know better than to introduce something new mid-cycle.. serves me right! :dohh:

How's everyone else doing? :)

I'm just hanging in here. I watched the Great Sperm Race last night - it was really interesting!

I am intrigued by acupuncture. I can get a discount through my health plan at work, so I might look into that next month. I have been getting headaches from cutting back on caffeine, so maybe it could help?

I'm just hanging in here. I watched the Great Sperm Race last night - it was really interesting!

I am intrigued by acupuncture. I can get a discount through my health plan at work, so I might look into that next month. I have been getting headaches from cutting back on caffeine, so maybe it could help?

Acupuncture is supposed to help EVERYTHING.. I am going again tomorrow! At the very least, I did feel incredibly relaxed and energetic (weird combo, amirite?) afterwards. I also felt a sort of heaviness in my lower abdomen, which the Dr said might happen due to increased blood flow. That went away within an hour or two. I'm going to do the recommended 12 sessions and see what happens with my cycle. :) Can't hurt to try, though, if it's discounted! :shrug:

Acupuncture is supposed to help EVERYTHING.. I am going again tomorrow! At the very least, I did feel incredibly relaxed and energetic (weird combo, amirite?) afterwards. I also felt a sort of heaviness in my lower abdomen, which the Dr said might happen due to increased blood flow. That went away within an hour or two. I'm going to do the recommended 12 sessions and see what happens with my cycle. :) Can't hurt to try, though, if it's discounted! :shrug:

Relaxed and energetic sounds like a GREAT combo to me! It's also pretty cool that you could feel heaviness in your lower abdomen. I'm excited to hear how it goes for you.

Thanks! Argh, and I was out seeing a client and got home and I MISSED a package delivery.. of course! Haha the universe is not with me today!

I'm going to watch that sperm documentary now, should be entertaining :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->