33yr ttc#2 - buddies needed!!!

ladders

Reaction score
Hi ladies so I'm back again! Ttc dd was probably the worst experience of my life, I got so obsessed and definitely caused some issues with dh, my first pregnancy ended in a mc at 7 weeks but then I conceived straight after and now have the most amazing 2yr old.
But I'm back ttc #2 and need buddies to help keep me sane!!!

Daisies11 :bfp: May 2017

Annio84 :bfp: May 2017

Jessyg :bfp: May 2017

Hopfl4bbynbr4 :bfp: May 2017

Ladders :bfp: June 2017 :angel: 7w4d

Citrusfruit :bfp: June 2017

SadakoS :bfp: August 2017

Ricschick :bfp: September 2017

Sander :bfp: September 2017

Curiousowl :bfp: September 2017

Ladders :bfp: September 2017

Hi! I'm on cycle no.1 and also have a nearly 2 year old :)

Have you got a boy or girl? Are you fussed about gender for number 2? I've got a boy and I'd love a girl...

Hi citrus! I have a little girl and would quite like another but mostly because I don't have any experience with boys!
How long have you been trying for #2? I came off the pill last month so I'm on cycle day 29 but no idea how long it should be!

Hi we are on cycle 1 our daughter Sofia is 3 in May. We had planned to try sooner but after 2 abnormal smears we had to wait for further tests. Sofia asks for a sister but as long as baby is healthy we don't mind :)

I'm on cd24 I usually have 29 day cycle but ovulated later this cycle on day18.
When trying for our daughter I got pregnant after 3 months but unfortunately that ended in a chemical pregnancy we tried for a further 3 months and got pregnant with our daughter I'm hoping to get pregnant easily again this time.

Haven't tried for no.2 yet. Just waiting for period to disappear then will be good to go! I was also a bit delayed due to inadequate smears after previous abnormal ones. So frustrating and worrying isn't it Jenny. I want to conceive quickly too before I get too near to when my next smear is due.

Do you guys temp or use opks or anything or do you do the relaxed method?!

it's a real worry when smears are abnormal my first abnormal was a year ago biopsy graded cin 1 this year's smear abnormal again biopsy couldn't find trace of pre cancerous cells so doc said we are good to go :) i did temp & log all signs on fertility friend my daughter still wakes some nights so makes temping quite inaccurate at times. I'm still logging all signs on fertility friend I'm quite confident I can track my ovulation this way :)

Frustrating when things delay your plans, I get quite set on planning which is usually my downfall and has definitely proved to be with ttc! Think I'm going to be on cycle day 1 today too as had some brown discharge this morning. Had gotten quite excited as if was on normal cycle I should have started at Thurs, but as first month off pill in probably no regular yet 😕
Cirtrus last time I used everything and i mean everything!!!!! Trying to be more relaxed this time as wasn't great last time. What about you guys?

Oh you sound just like me ladders!!! I just love how in control all the temping makes me feel. Why do you say it wasn't great? Did it take you quite a while? I can imagine it would probably get a bit much after too long, but we were really lucky and conceived in our second month.

I thought about being relaxed, but did really enjoy temping last time so want to experience it again.

We are going for a more relaxed way this time. With our daughter we were temping, tracking every sign/symptom and dtd about 25 days a month lol

Life is busy now and my daughter still wakes most nights making it hard, my hubby works away some days now aswell making it hard to commit to that schedule. I enjoyed the control of temping seeing I'd ovulated but just tricky this time

I also took omega 3,6,9 supplements they are very good for fertility & hormone balance the month my daughter was conceived I'm considering getting some more if I'm not pregnant this month

Oh right I didn't know that about the vits. I'm meant to just be taking folic acid but I'm terrible at remembering! That must be hard still having night wakings, my son was an awful sleeper for about a year but has mostly been sleeping through since about 14 months or so. My temps seem pretty much on a par with last time so far so hopefully will have a nice clear o date. And totally agree about finding time/energy to actually dtd!

Looking back it didn't take that long as was ten months but I have a short cycle was was 12 ttc cycles and felt like forever. I got so worried something was wrong and fueled by a crappy home sperm test from boots thought we would never conceive naturally. I put so much pressure on my dh and I desperately don't want to do that again!!

Jenny i feel you with the sleeping my dd only very just starting sleeping through and still in a cot because such a wriggler!

Jenny is AF on its way or will you test? I like to test so I know where I am so think I'll order some internet cheapies that I can waste. Did AF turn up for you yet ladders?

I'm impatiently waiting to ovulate here...

Ladders- it's been along road of my daughter not sleeping she's cows milk protein intolerant as a result she constantly screamed with reflux & constipation plus other things took our Gp a year to get even close to helping her or doing a referral. Now excema is the biggest thing keeping her awake & she has borderline asthma so suffers with her chest this time of year aswell. Moving last year really upset her too.

Citrus- Im getting impatient so i tested this morning even though it's only day 26 after ovulating late this cycle on day 18. I use some really good sensitive ones from eBay they picked up my pregnancy before at 10dpo. I get impatient around ovulation time I'm always worried it's not going to happen I guess.

Wishing you luck then, keep us posted with the tests! Probably got another week or so before I o here *yawn*

Yeah af properly got me so cycle day 3 now so ages till I ovulate! How do you guys feel about the in March because could be a Christmas baby!
Jenny sounds like your little one has had a bit of a rough time bless her, And you for all that lack of sleep!! have you tested yet? i'm definitely going to get a stick of Internet cheapies!

Citrus- I tested again this morning but it's still a little early I'm keeping fingers crossed going to test until I see positive or get Af. Hope it goes quick for until next ovulation it's harder waiting early in the cycle I think once I've ovulated I know there isn't any more I can do.

Ladders - daughter really has had a hard time hoping things get better for her soon. I'm more sleep deprived now in some of ways (even though she didnt sleep at all felt like for almost a year) as she doesn't want daddy putting her to bed or going to her during the night since moving last year. Before Dh used to put her to bed 4 nights and go into her 3 nights.
I've got loads of tests so planning to test every day :)

Never thought about having a xmas baby really before part of me would want to wait i guess as I wouldn't want to be away from my daughter over Xmas but we have already put off trying so much over the last year really can't afford to miss a chance to get pregnant as the gap is just getting larger between children which we never wanted.

We originally said no to this month but think we will just go for it. Probably end up due xmas day knowing my luck! DH was more against it than me but yeh I really wouldn't want to be due on xmas day or around then! I had a bit of a traumatic birth and would worry about staffing levels at that time, that's the only reason for me really, I think you could make an xmas bday fun and I think my son will still be too young to care that we are away for xmas compared to any other day.

Jenny, show us your tests! I love looking for squinters!

Hello :) mind if I join in? Turn 34 Saturday (but we will say 29). The husband became broody out of the blue back in August after saying he didn't want any more children for the previous three years. It hit me more how much I want this myself too after having a hospital appointment recently and seeing lots of pregnant women wandering about there, seeing newborns being taken home for the first time and stuff. I miss the excitement of attending the first scan, then the 20 week scan and the anticipation of birth (my third was an absolute pleasure to birth in comparison to my first two which I didn't cope with as easily), their first feed, the snuggles close to your chest when they are tiny and curly <3

Hi. Our little boy just turned 2 and this is our first month ttc #2. Trying to not over think it, we said that for the first few months at least we'd be mega chilled about it but now I'm impatient already and it's only the first month!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->