34+5 Days...Labour stopped...ish

Kayleigh Lou

Reaction score
Last night i went to hospital with pretty bad braxton hicks. I was hooked up to the monitors and the doctor told me they were in actual fact contractions and they were coming every 3-5mins.

I was given 3 doses of nifedipine to stop the contractions and 2 shots of steroids to help babies lungs if i were to go on to have him. I asked if i could go home (tonight) to get some rest as im exhausted.

The contractions have eased but are still coming. Now coupled with a bad back.

Does any one know the success rate of labour actually stopping and me going full term or am i now to consider this baby will be early?
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

hi i hope ure ok hospital stay is horrible i had to do it not to long ago and u cant sleep at all can you...all i know is that i had the tablets and injections and the tabs managed to stop my labour for a week but then my waters broke i was in hospital coz i was 4/5 cm dilated at 29 weeks so he was born at 30 weeks....wish u all the luck in the world :) xxxx

Well luckily my cervix was closed so maybe thats something to help me go further.

Thank you for your reply

x

Take all the rest the hospital advise you :hugs: they wont prescribe you nifedipine to take home. I think you need at least couple of days for steriods to work but you and baby should be fine.

Hope everything goes ok for you.. hang in there! xxx

i had my twins at 35 weeks and they were perfectly fine. didnt need any help at all and we went home after 2 days. good luck x

Hey gun I had my daughter at thirty for weeks five days and she came home less then twenty four hours later no problems and a score of 9 one minute after birth. Try and relax its going to be ok!

I have no idea about how likely you are to go full term, but will say, if you don't, you need to know that every day inside is a major step forward. You have already reached a good gestation and the likelihood of complications is very low.

If you get the chance to visit your NNICU, ask for a look around, or do a wee google search for some online tours. Even ask to speak to a neonatal nurse to answer any questions you have. The unit can be a scary place when you first go in, so knowing what to expect can make a massive difference. Hopefully you will go full term but it doesn't hurt to be prepared.

Fingers crossed your LO stays warm and cosy in your tummy til he is supposed to come out.

Thank you guys.

Every twinge makes me feel sick but i guess if hes stayed put for this long after my tablets then hes here for a little while longer :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->