34 week midwife appointment

Mummy to be x

The 4 of us...♡
Reaction score
It's been a few years since I was pregnant with my DD, so I've totally forgotten what happens at the 34 week appointment.

Will the midwife have a check of baby's position?

Can any of you ladies help me remember? I'm in the UK. :thumbup:

My doctor didn't do anything different at my 34 weeks appointment. The usual blood pressure, fundal height, and doppler. I'm in Canada though so may be different! At my next appointment is the group B strep test I believe

Nothing major here. Like you I'm on a subsequent pregnancy so didn't have an appointment with anyone for 6 weeks so wasn't sure what goes on. I mentioned I thought baby was breech so she palpated for position but said they're not really bothered until 36 weeks. She checked blood pressure, mentioned birth plan (but it was a bit different because it was my first appointment after transferring to the home birth team so she had to go through my history and stuff), urine dip obviously, blood pressure, measured, doppler. All the standard stuff really. I think they start palpating at 36 weeks but it seems like with subsequent babies they don't worry so much unless they have reason to believe baby is breech as unlike first pregnancies, baby doesn't tend to engage until labour so there's not much point. It's a lot more laid back after the first!

my midwife checked baby's position, heartbeat, fundal height and took bloods and blood pressure. Also went through my birth plan. That was it.

My mw checked the position of baby and measured my bump and did blood pressure. That was it really

I had blood pressure, wee sample, feel of tummy and babys postion and heartbeat x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->