34 weeks- contractions, steroid injections, lost plug! help me!

proudmummy11

Mummy to my gorgeous Boy
Reaction score
ok so here is the story so far, 01:10 yesterday morning i went to hospital with contractions, lasting 25 seconds every 2 mins, i was put on to have steroid injections 12 hours apart in order to bulk up oliver's lungs as they thought he might come early, was finally let home today, still with slight contractions and pressure in pelvis and about an hour ago i lost my mucus plug :dohh: so now im a lil nervous as to what to expect next, so i was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and if so whether they could tell me how it went! whether the baby was early or...?
any advice would be really appreciated as im kinda freaking out :cry:

xxx

Same thing happened to me!
I was 32+6 when I went into L&D to get checked, and when I got there, no cervical change. They kept me for a few hours, and during those few hours, the contractions had been getting worse and worse, so they decided to check me again before I went home. Thank goodness that they did, because I was now 1 cm dilated and 75 percent effaced. They admitted me (this was a Monday night) and gave me my first shot of steroids and started me on the contraction medication. Tuesday I got my second shot of steroids, and got to stay in that oh-so-comfortable hospital bed all day. Finally, on Wednesday around the middle of the day I got discharged. Its been almost two weeks since this all happened, and I'm still on the medication for the contractions. They're having me stop taking it this Tuesday, and think I don't have very long after I stop taking it before LO arrives, because I have still been having regular contractions, and have lost my plug too.

The best advice I can give you seeing that I've been having to deal with preterm contractions since around 27 weeks, is just take it EXTREMELY easy. I'm now on bed rest, and everything has slowed down quite a bit. When you feel tired or feel the contractions getting worse or anything, lay down and relax. Drink a bunch of water all day long because being dehydrated makes it worse.

If you need someone to talk to that knows what you're going through, PM me and we can be buddies! :hugs:

I have no personal experience of this, but I do have two friends who both had their babies 6 weeks early. They were not too long in hospital, and both babies are now healthy thriving one year olds, so even if LO won't hang on in there (which hopefully he will) then you're late enough on that things should be OK for you. Try to take it easy and rest as much as you can, and hopefully he will stay put a little bit longer!

Happened to me! Did not get the shot though. Went in on a Monday night with contractions was 1CM and 50 percent. They let me go home after they died off and there was no change at the time. Had contractions all week long pretty much 3-5 minutes apart, then suspected leaking water the next weekend so I went back in and was checked again and and water was still intact but I was 1CM and 70 percent effaced. They were picking up strong contractions every 7 mins and then I was checked 40 minutes later and I was 2CM and 70 percent. The MW did not think I would be pregnant much longer- figured it would be sometime midweek and I was in early labor so she sent me home to relax and be comfy...... BUT I am still here! Contractions every 2-3 minutes up until the last few days and now nothing but every once in a while throughout the day.

Good luck, love!

I have no experience, but I hope everything goes well for you and LO stays snug for a bit longer! :)

I had this at 32+6, as well! Though mine started with a big bleed. I went to hospital and they examined me and said my cervix was closed and bleeding had stopped, but they had to keep me for 24 hours after a bleed. That was a Monday. On the Tuesday, I started having big contractions 3 every 10 minutes, and when they examined me, I was dilated 1 cm and at -3 station. They took me to L&D and I had to have the steroid shot. That made my blood sugars go crazy, so I had to be put on an insulin pump! Got my contractions under control and was sent back to ward and had the second injection the next day. Kept having contractions and they were all prepared to deliver the baby if necessary (doc told me that 33 weeks isn't that different from 34 weeks, and 34 weeks is absolutely fine). Luckily, after another day or so things calmed down and I was in a much better position. I was released from hospital on the Friday.

I am now 37 + 6 and going through a very SLOW early labour (have lost my plug, am leaking bits of fluid and having lots of contractions which are somewhat regular for an hour or so and then stop for a few hours.

It's all a bit crazy, but I've been told to just keep resting as much as possible, keep hydrated and make sure that if I feel at all like I need help to go straight to hospital. :)

Good luck! I hope your little one stays in a bit longer!

oh my friend wondered why hadnt heard from you!i hope your ok cant give nay advice but if things get worse call midwife and go back hospital babes make sure you and bubs r ok :) *hugs* x

My waters broke at 33 weeks, and Leni was born at 34 weeks exactly. He came out breathing on his own, screaming, alert and weighed 4lbs 14 1/2oz. He was born by emergency section after induction. He stayed in hospital for 10 days before coming home. He is now happy and healthy and doing very well.

If you have any questions, ask away or PM me.

All will be fine, promise :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"