34 weeks - starting to lose mucus plug?

pradabooties

Reaction score
Really interested to hear some insight into this if anyone is going through the same thing or has with previous pregnancies :)

I'm 34 weeks today and about an hour or so after having a bath I noticed a clear glob in my underwear. That was a couple of hours ago now and each time I've gone to the bathroom I've noticed a little more either on my panties or when I wipe. It's definitely different from any discharge I've had and I'm thinking it could be the start of losing my mucus plug. I've heard you can begin to lose it weeks before labour but I'm a little concerned because I'm only 34 weeks and I've also been having a few lower back aches today.

Anyone else experienced losing bits of plug this early? Did you go into labour early?

I've been losing small amounts of plug for the past few days and so far nothing has come of it. I don't think it means labor is imminent unless it's bloody and there's lots of it. I'd call your doctor, though, just to make sure.

I started losing mine at 33. At 38 now and, while achey and lots of near labor signs, no baby yet.

I think unless it's a bloody show plug comes & goes

Losing plug can be totally normal, but you know your body best, so trust your intuition. I lost a lot of plug at 34 weeks last time (wasn't bloody), and baby was born at 35+0 weeks, so if you get concerned, it doesn't hurt to call and ask your doctor about it.

I've been losing bits of plug since around 31 weeks. I think unless you start losing really big globs or tinged with brown or red then its really nothing

Thanks ladies. It definitely wasn't bloody, it was clear. It's just an odd feeling finding a glob like that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->