34+ yrs trying to conceive

alocin22

Reaction score
Age has never really bothered me, but now we have decided to try for number 2 it has just dawned on me that even if I was to get a :bfp: now I would still be 35 by the time the baby is here..... As if I was stressing enough and it is only our 1st month of ttc.......aaaaarrrggghhhhh :haha:

I'll be 35 next year also. We are trying for our first bring home baby. (I had as stillborn in December and then 2 miscarriages.)

Ah so sorry to hear that:hugs: can't imagine how hard it has been.
Sending you extra :dust:

I turned 35 3months after my BFP. I also have several friends our age who are currently pregnant. All of us have healthy buns in our ovens. Don't stress. 2 of my girlfriends are having symptom free pregnancies, I'm so jealous! This pregnancy has been brutal to me but it could be because I'm having a girl this time around. Good luck to you! :babydust:

I was lucky first time around with no symptoms or anything, I suffered a little with heartburn but other than that I carried on as normal. Only problem I had was baby was small and I had to be induced at 38 weeks but I managed to work up until the day before. I just know that this one am sure will not be so easy.

Hi I'm 36 and ttc number 2. Am very nervous that it may take ages or not happen at all due to my age. This is our 2nd month ttc.

Hiya :)
Im 34 and we'r in our 3rd month of ttc #2. It took us 3 months to get pregnant with ds so in a way i think im putting pressure on myself that this time will be the same and its this month we get our bfp!
Silly i know and especially silly as iv had a sickness bug all week and pretty sure i missed my o :(
Age really doesnt seem to be an issue around here tho, i thought id be the oldest in my ante natal classes at 33 but im now friends with 5 other women that i met there, youngest is 29 and the oldest is 36 so all really similar.
Good luck and babydust to all of you and lets see some mid 30s bfp's very soon :)
Xxx

My baby sister was a surprise, and my mom gave birth to her just 2 months before her 36th birthday. So it's totally possible to have a healthy baby in your mid 30s!

Hello! I am also 34 and my hubby and I are thinking about trying for #2 baby....I am nervous not just about my age, but am also about 60 lbs overweight...had a tough pregnancy with my first with lots of swelling and heartburn and weight gain, but was otherwise healthy...just wish I had lost more weight! My doc said she would prefer me yoUnger rather than skinnier so that's why I am here!

Maybe we could be buddies? I think we will be ttc in mid November...

Hi I'm 36 and ttc number 2. Am very nervous that it may take ages or not happen at all due to my age. This is our 2nd month ttc.

Am sure you will be fine and you will get your bfp. We just have to remind ourselves that it is still early days of ttc... As we can see we are not alone their are others in the same position.
Mspotter.... Ah, why do we do that, put pressure on ourselves. My 1st was a complete surprise we wasnt even ttc, so think i was hoping i would fall straight away, only now its sunk in that its most likely not going to happen that way :( Same around here aswell, quite a few older mum's around.

Ah lew32, I know a few people that have been overweight while carrying and have had no problem what so ever so am sure all will be fine. Even better if the doc's not worried about it.

Open to anyone who wants to buddy up:)
Fairy dust all round. X

HI

u grls r u so encouraging for me, I m 33 , ttc 2, this wll be my 5th month. After reading all ur rplys it seems even I can do it . Pls stay around thru the journey for support . Thanks :)

Thanks ladies! Lets maybe keep this thread going :)
I am going to doc next week to check my sugars and cholesterol and if they look good I think we will be full steam ahead :).

Waiting on my first day of AF ... Should be my day now!

Hope all goes ok at the doctors Lew32.
Fx'd for you to steam into ttc :)
Tww is driving me nuts :(

Hi rain31, glad you found this encouraging, it does help knowing there are others going through the same or similar to us all. Would be nice to all stick together. :)

hi alocin22 nd all

I m all for teaming up. lets keep this thread alive , lets talk, lets share, de-stress nd support eachother , lets hav fun. :happydance:

I m getting so much of positive vibe frm this thread that I feel this is THE MONTH for us :):)

I'm due on Fri am trying not to think about it but feel so stressed just want to know either way its so hard :( tbh this months probably not the best for it to happen I'm feeling stressed LO has been sleeping very badly I'm sooo tired and have had a sickness bug twice in the last 10 days! But having said that of course I want it to happen really. Aggg I hate waiting!

The good news is my doc was very positive about us trying. I said I guess will take a while as I'm 36 and running out of time but she laughed and said no, lots of women 30+ have lots of success getting pregnant now, don't worry :)

I'm 37 and ttc #3. I've had 4 MC, the last one was 8/20. After that one we didn't decide one way or the other but we aren't preventing either. I'm 1 day late for AF and no symptoms except hunger pains all the time. 2 BFN's so far. :-/ FX ladies....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->