35 it's just a number right?

PatTabs

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I probably should have intro'd the correct way when I joined two weeks ago but after reading the great success stories and hearing so much hope i thought i should so here goes..

I'm 35 lord knows how quickly that happened but it did, with DH for nearly 12 years and married just under 2, always wanted babies but we only seriously started thinking about children last year and delayed trying as I started a new job, so after 2 months of NTNP I bought a CBFM and seriously started our first TTC cycle in December.

I'm feeling hopeful and desperately trying not to symptom spot and start stressing or thinking if age is a big factor (I've read all info I just don't want to buy it) but am now in the TWW/DPO5 and I just want to know!! I have resisted buying any tests and was hoping there might be someone in a similar situation who just wants to chat, no obsessive symptom spotting but sharing any concerns and laughs..

Hoping to hear from some young over 35s like me :winkwink:

If not baby dust to all...(have loved embracing the TTC lingo!!)

Thanks both! Wasn't expecting any replies so soon, am browsing a number of threads whilst waiting for DH to come home...trying to avoid any symptom spotting ones but being drawn in regardless....

I know it is tough, but do yourself a favor and don't SS...you will drive yourself :wacko:...this I promise.:hugs:

I know it is tough, but do yourself a favor and don't SS...you will drive yourself :wacko:...this I promise.:hugs:

You are absolutely right! I will try not too, think i have already manifested a symptom which cant be good...I just never thought I would obsess about this so much..came as a bit of a shock! :dohh:

Time to log off and make dinner instead..

Hi and welcome:flower: feel free to jump on any of threads and join in, the ladies are great on here:hugs: I'm 37 and I have no idea how that happened either:shrug: it sneaks up that's for sure :)

Hi PatTabs I am in the same boat as you. A young 35, and just realised that I am actually 35 and that I do want a baby! I have just come off the evil Cerazette and already had a near normal period, I just want the results now as I am so scared I have left it too late. Anyhoo, welcome!!! x

Crystal and Anorak thanks for the welcome!

It's funny isn't.. how you're a 20 something partying and enjoying life and suddenly everything clicks happy long term relationship, career and then it's like baby alert appears and it's all you can think about!

90% of my good friends have a child and are now on number two or three but I'm only just starting and it just a different feeling as they've been there done it, got the baby and don't seem to understand how I feel.

:dust:: to you both, be really interested how you are getting on..are you using the CBFM as well?

Iam not yet, as I don't get my OV for a few days yet. I am almost scared to go out and get CBFM as I am worried about the result. :cry:

Hi,
I'm new here - this is only my second post! I'm 35 (press age is 29) and now TTC. I'm worried I won't be able to work out a cycle as I'm PCOS and when not on the pill my gap between periods averages at 2 years! Really scared it may all be for nothing.
Is there hope?!

Hi,
I'm new here - this is only my second post! I'm 35 (press age is 29) and now TTC. I'm worried I won't be able to work out a cycle as I'm PCOS and when not on the pill my gap between periods averages at 2 years! Really scared it may all be for nothing.
Is there hope?!

Hey there Keableg..I'm with Anorak... there is ALWAYS hope and failing that fabulous science...my sister in law went through 4 rounds of IVF and now has my beautiful nephew who is 15 mths old so there any many options open to us all.

I felt good today, on my way home I stopped for groceries and a quick stop via Boots and they have a Buy One Half Price on all Ovulation/Pregnancy test kits and all I bought was the ovulation kits no tests as had resolved not to even purchase one until AF was overdue, no point getting disappointed by a silly stick!

Anorak - if you can afford to I would recommend the CBFM of course I personally can't vouch for it yet (!) but everything I have read and the reviews here are so, so positive..there must be something to it?! Well that's what I'm telling myself :winkwink:

Hi Anorak and Pat Tabs,
Thanks for the messages. I've got to remain positive to get positive I suppose!
One step at a time and we'll all get there.:winkwink:
x

Hi ladies, technically I don't belong here anymore ... but I spent a long time here up until May last year ... and I turned 42 in Dec. 35 is not too late, no matter what the press say. My advice is to get any tests done sooner rather than later just to be sure there aren't any easily fixed issues ( and whilst its all free on the nhs if you are in the uk, some trusts stop treatment at 37/38!)

good luck xx

I had my last two at 36 and 39 so it not to late...

Garnet, TrulyB - thanks for the encouragement..I'm very much the optimist but am liable to dips and just hearing your success is enough get back on the pluses! My sister conceived at 34 and 38 so am hoping the fertility genes went to me as well!

I think I mentioned am in the TWW at the moment and I honestly can't say that I have had any symptoms bar manifestations in my head but the only thing that is strange is I have been having terrible heaviness after eating and ...TMI the need to burp...been letting myself think is because I am comfort eating too much in order to not get my hopes up though rather than it could be a symptom...anyway I still am focused on not testing until after my AF due date comes which is the 13th...hoping you all can help keep my resolve over the next 6 days!!

My Mum had me when se was 38. I am hoping that I have her genes! I do with everything else! :thumbup:

Hi Ladies-can I jump in the thread? Need some company! I'm in a similar situation, PatTabs-been with DH 11 years, just married a little over 3-young 36 also don't know how it got here this quick-seems I SHOULD have all the time in the world! Only, we started ttc when I was 33 and I'm still here : (

Welcome Pat!!

We are in the same boat too! I am 35, TTC #1 and AF is due on the 12th or 13th, as I am never regular. A part of me too does feel as though since I am 35, it will take longer than usual to conceive, but then part of me is optimistic on it happening soon. I guess we will both know towards the end of this week! I am one that refuses to get my hopes up and test sooner. I did that last cycle and it was not fun to see all those BFN's. :)

Baby dust to all!! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->