35 it's just a number right?

Welcome Pat!!

We are in the same boat too! I am 35, TTC #1 and AF is due on the 12th or 13th, as I am never regular. A part of me too does feel as though since I am 35, it will take longer than usual to conceive, but then part of me is optimistic on it happening soon. I guess we will both know towards the end of this week! I am one that refuses to get my hopes up and test sooner. I did that last cycle and it was not fun to see all those BFN's. :)

Baby dust to all!! :dust:

Thanks Leikela...let's hang on together I have no desire to see a BFN so not buying any tests was the only way to go!!
FX'd the our resolve reaps rewards :thumbup:

Hi Ladies-can I jump in the thread? Need some company! I'm in a similar situation, PatTabs-been with DH 11 years, just married a little over 3-young 36 also don't know how it got here this quick-seems I SHOULD have all the time in the world! Only, we started ttc when I was 33 and I'm still here : (

Of course! :flower: the more the merrier! I know what you mean about the company, I have so many friends the same age but all have had their first or second child and my concerns just don't seem to figure for them, I guess it's just hard to comprehend for those who have not had to worry?

I was feeling quite positive over the weekend but had a terrible day at work today and was so wound up, even more so on the drive home and then started to fret even more about stress making it more difficult to conceive! By the time I got home I was a wreck and just wanted to quit work to concentrate on baby-making! How ridiculous is that?! :dohh:

Think I just a good nights sleep!! Hope all well with all you ladies and hoping your Monday was better than mine....!

Thank you! Sorry about the stress. I think it's a weird thing....stress. They say it can seriously impact ability to conceive yet women in war zones, etc. get pregnant all the time!!

Hope your Monday evening is better than the morning : )

Pat,

Sorry to hear about your Monday! I had a pretty stressful one at work today too. I am a social worker and had to move a client to a new placement today. Those are never fun and draining at that... Here is to a better Tuesday for us both!

Titi,

Yeah, it crazy how the human race survives and carries on, even in a war zone! Perhaps, the body gets used to that constant level of stress and conception just happens! Interesting either way though. :)

Hi ladies, I probably should have intro'd the correct way when I joined two weeks ago but after reading the great success stories and hearing so much hope i thought i should so here goes..

I'm 35 lord knows how quickly that happened but it did, with DH for nearly 12 years and married just under 2, always wanted babies but we only seriously started thinking about children last year and delayed trying as I started a new job, so after 2 months of NTNP I bought a CBFM and seriously started our first TTC cycle in December.

I'm feeling hopeful and desperately trying not to symptom spot and start stressing or thinking if age is a big factor (I've read all info I just don't want to buy it) but am now in the TWW/DPO5 and I just want to know!! I have resisted buying any tests and was hoping there might be someone in a similar situation who just wants to chat, no obsessive symptom spotting but sharing any concerns and laughs..

Hoping to hear from some young over 35s like me :winkwink:

If not baby dust to all...(have loved embracing the TTC lingo!!)

Hi sorry I hope you don't mind preggos popping in but I am a "young" over 35 too, started ttc at 36 and 4 months, got a positive 2nd cycle, will be just over 37 at delivery. I have had a lot of people in my life struggle with infertility and this heightened my sensitivity to fertility related issues and motivated us to try earlier than either of us would have planned otherwise. But 35 is just a number and from what I've read, even though fertility drops a bit after 35 it really doesn't just "drop" like that. It is still a gradual slope so at 35 (and the years following that - 36, 37 etc.) you have every reason to be very optimistic. I wish you the very best of luck and baby dust.

BTW if you want a good read about fertility check this out: www.fertility.ca

Ahh congratulations T'Gal....that is really good to hear I needed to hear that today, I feel like AF is on its way and was trying to stay positive..but as DH keeps reminding me it is our first month TTC so there is no need to worry just yet but thanks for the words and will def read the article......good luck with your first!! :happydance:

Leikela - wow I am in admiration for jobs such as yours I have a very corporate office job and in comparison is nothing like what you must deal with..on a positive note I had a much better day but that could be due leaving work sharply and now firmly ensconced on the sofa for the night! How is your resolve holding up? I have to admit am torn between just hurrying AF to arrive so I can move to the next cycle or wishing I can get to the weekend without it showing and buying my first test!

Titi - my drive into work this morning I made sure to push the feelings of any stress out of mind (but that was after reading my blackberry at 5am and seeing better news) its sad but true, anything for a quiet day though and thankfully it was! How is yours shaping up?

Sending you all lots of positive thoughts for a Tuesday and of course a sprinkling of :dust:

Leikela - wow I am in admiration for jobs such as yours I have a very corporate office job and in comparison is nothing like what you must deal with..on a positive note I had a much better day but that could be due leaving work sharply and now firmly ensconced on the sofa for the night! How is your resolve holding up? I have to admit am torn between just hurrying AF to arrive so I can move to the next cycle or wishing I can get to the weekend without it showing and buying my first test!

Well thanks Pat! My job is stressful at times but then there are the rewarding times as well. I try to keep that in perspective. The population I work with are the developmentally disabled. Some of them are just dolls and they remind you what life is truly about- helping one another and loving one another. I am starting to sound like a Beatles song... LOL But today was much better and glad to hear that your day ended up ok too! :)

I hear ya where AF is concerned! I feel her lurking in every part of my lower abdomen! I suspect she will ride in on either tomorrow or Thursday. Like you said, the sooner the better to get on with the next cycle! It will be cycle #3 for me. Hey, 3 times is a charm! I am going to use OPK's this time around too.

I hear ya where AF is concerned! I feel her lurking in every part of my lower abdomen! I suspect she will ride in on either tomorrow or Thursday. Like you said, the sooner the better to get on with the next cycle! It will be cycle #3 for me. Hey, 3 times is a charm! I am going to use OPK's this time around too.

Hey Leikela..saw your post on the testing thread..sounds positive that you have made it to Thursday!! Got everything crossed for you...

I've felt very PMT like since Sunday, BBs quite sore and am really sleepy. I am CD29 today and usually have a 28/29 day cycle but am sure I have been stressing enough for it just to be different this month!
We invested in a CBFM, its only our first month using it but its really simple to use, maybe you should give that a whirl if you are thinking of using OPKs? But I really hope you don't need to!!

:dust:

Thanks Pat!! My fingers are crossed for you too! :) :dust:

My boobs are sore as well and I am very tired too. Today at work it really felt as though she had arrived but still nothing. We will see. I only have a digital left so if she isn't here by Sunday, I will use that.

When are you planning on testing? I thought about a CBFM but they are a little costly so I was going to try the OPK's first and see if I am successful. If not, CBFM is on the list if I keep getting BFN's. :)

:hugs: Leikela so sorry to hear the witch got you.

As you say time for the next month and it will be yours, our year!!

The CBFM is pricey I got mine from Amazon for £60 and the sticks are £20 for 20 so can see the cost mounting but have been on the CBFM forums and there are ways to reduce the number of sticks to use once it understands your cycle..but OPK just a good an option too!

:dust::dust: to you as ever....

Thanks Pat!!

Hey, you're still IN for this month!! I am excited for you!! Keeping my fingers and toes crossed!! :) As long as AF stays away, you just might be buying your first set of tests!!

Mega baby dust to you! :dust:

Hi Ladies-can I jump in the thread? Need some company! I'm in a similar situation, PatTabs-been with DH 11 years, just married a little over 3-young 36 also don't know how it got here this quick-seems I SHOULD have all the time in the world! Only, we started ttc when I was 33 and I'm still here : (

Keableg,
Of course at 35 it's not too late! That's why we are here, and we will all get out BFP. When I sarted charting, it did become an obsession pretty quickly. Both my fiance and daughter wanted to know how I could stare at a chart for hours---(they thought it was my own, heheee), and I found myself logging numerous hours on research. I still chart, but don't sympton spot anymore. It will consume you. I take my temp daily, do OPK's and that's about it. I don't even POAS really anymore after all the $ wasted on preg tests. You will get your BFP in no time probably!

Sidenote: Titi, can you private message me about your mini-IVF. I've done some reading on it, but would like to talk to someone first hand. Thanks!

Hi ladies sorry been a while I lost this thread and just couldn't see it for looking!

How are you all?

Well it just goes to show 35 is just a number, it's one day since my test and I still can't believe it, honestly don't know about charting but the CBFM definitely helped pinpoint when to BD and I think the sperm meets egg plan is worth it as we BD'd every other high day and the day I O'd/ had the first peak.

Thinking of you all and lets keep that positive vibe up...:thumbup:

:dust:

Pattabs,

How have you been doing? How are you feeling with that little bean in there? :)

Just noticed this has been updated. 35 is def just a number, my daughter is now 26 days old and no one has barred an eyelid either personally or in the medical profession. Good luck everyone. X

Congrats on your new bundle of joy truly_blessed! Did you have a smooth pregnancy? I am almost 4 weeks in and am feeling VERY crampy. Almost scary cramping but no bleeding.

Yes it was very smooth although birth was emc. I was pal so very nervous and was crampy up until about 10 weeks but the rest was plain sailing apart from being uncomfortable. Congratulations!

Thanks! And glad to hear the cramping is normal. :)

Congrats on your new bundle of joy truly_blessed! Did you have a smooth pregnancy? I am almost 4 weeks in and am feeling VERY crampy. Almost scary cramping but no bleeding.

Hey leikela,

I was glad to read this. I am the same amount pregnant as you and very crampy! It's scary. I'm 34 and conceived 6 months after stopping pill but really 2 months of ttc properly with opks etc.

Hey leikela,

I was glad to read this. I am the same amount pregnant as you and very crampy! It's scary. I'm 34 and conceived 6 months after stopping pill but really 2 months of ttc properly with opks etc.

Amelia,

Congrats on your BFP!! :) And it looks as if we are spot on for due dates! :) I was nervous at first but have read others describing cramping. As I am typing, I am feeling some cramping. It seems to be worse at night for me. I read that it is normal up until 10 or 12 weeks. :)

Hey leikela,

Amelia,

Congrats on your BFP!! :) And it looks as if we are spot on for due dates! :) I was nervous at first but have read others describing cramping. As I am typing, I am feeling some cramping. It seems to be worse at night for me. I read that it is normal up until 10 or 12 weeks. :)

Yea the cramping just never seems to stop! It is worse at night it can keep me awake at nights sometimes!! Yea it seems we are spot on the same dates! I haven't seen anyone yet I'm just going on when I think I ovulated. Are you in US or UK? I'm UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->