35 weeks pregnant and afraid of going over

Shorty88

Mama to 3 beautiful children x
Reaction score

Anyone else feel like this? I have GD so I don't think I'm allowed go over 40 weeks but the thought of going over scares me to death don't no what exactly it is I just have a mental block from it...

When did use start your old wives tales to bring on labour?

I don't do anything apart from stay active and bounce. Nothing will make you go into labour until its goingtto happen anyway.

I think its better to mentally prepare to go over then waste energy on trying to make labour start before.

I'm not worried about going overdue, I had DS at 42 weeks, almost every baby born in my family (up to my Grandma's generation) had to be induced so I was expecting it. I tried things like clary sage oil, bouncing, eating a curry (korma so that was never going to work :haha: but it was a good excuse to go out for dinner :haha:) at 40 weeks under the principle that it made me feel like I was doing something constructive and I was happy to try giving LO a gentle nudge in order to avoid induction if I could. Nothing worked, I was induced and it was totally fine.
This time I'm just going with the flow, if I get induced again at least it will make childcare arrangements for DS easier!

Honestly, it's not that bad going overdue. Some babies need an extra bit of time inside. I went 11 days over with my daughter, I did have two sweeps (40+5 and 41+2), and yes it was hard going knowing I had reached and gone past my due date, but I was happy she had the time she needed to them come out naturally. My son arrived on his due date. And At 39+5 I'm pretty sure that ill be going overdue with this one!!! Don't stress, if you go overdue, you go overdue :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->