36 weeks appointment

mickey

Reaction score
had my 36 weeks appoinment the day before yesterday.

baby is enganged head down and with bum to the front :happydance:

I asked my GP how likely it is they turn again once they are enganged and she said normally they stay in the same position once they engange!

so I am ready for birth :baby:

Hiya, I have been away for a while, my mum flew in and have been trying to establish some sort of routine around here.

Anyway, I have my 36 week check up next monday and that's when I have to have a pelvic exam to see if I have streptococcus B or not. Did you have to do that at your 36 week check up?

Hi Ishtar, I thought already haven't seen u around for a while.

hope everything is going well 4 u :hi:

I did not have a pelvic exam and I never heard u can have a streptococcus B infection in your pelvis?

wish u good luck with your appoinment :hi:

Good luck with the checkup your having :D

Excellent!! https://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n86/no1tam/th13okis.gif

Hiya, I have been away for a while, my mum flew in and have been trying to establish some sort of routine around here.

Anyway, I have my 36 week check up next monday and that's when I have to have a pelvic exam to see if I have streptococcus B or not. Did you have to do that at your 36 week check up?

The NHS does not routinely check for strep B. One of the UK pregnancy magazines is running a campaign to get them to start checking everyone, but it's not really happening yet.

So I had my check-up this morning, I will know in a few days if I have the strep B or not, if I have it they have to hook me up on some antibiotics during birth so the baby doesn't get infected.

He checked me while he was down there and I'm 3 cm dilated and 100% effaced. Yikes!

I just looked at the doc like a deer in headlights, but he told me that it means I could go in 2 days or I could go 2 weeks over, so it's not really an indication as to when I'll give birth. But it was quite a shock to hear.

Everything else was fine. I just hope I don't go into labor too soon, i'm not ready!

uuups, I also didn't know you can be dilated and effaced before labour has even started!

well, they didn't check me on that.

interesting how the examinations differ from country to country!

is it suspected you may have the strep B, or is this check included in the routine care?

keep fingers crossed :hi:

It's a routine thing over here, they check all the pregnant ladies at 36 weeks for strep B. Apparently either you have it or you don't, and it's not like it makes you sick or anything but it can infect your baby and cause complications. So I guess it's a good thing they check for it, but it's always unpleasant to have a pelvic exam though.

And he just checked me since he was rooting around down there anyway, he says he won't check me again until I go into active labor, so that's good.

But yeah, super weird feeling knowing you're 3 cm dilated and 100% effaced. Kind of makes you super aware of every little tingly feeling and movement you have. I'm trying to be calm about it though :)

Good news Mickey! Best of luck, your baby is in the perfect position for labour and an easier deliver :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadleyfai
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->