36 weeks; Third baby; No dilation; 30% effaced

mamawolf

Reaction score
So I went to the hospital last night after calling my doctor because I’ve been having constant back pain. I’ve been having contractions but they’re all over the place. One at the hospital last night had me arching out of the bed because it hurt that bad and others I just groan a little and breathe and I’m okay. After monitoring me for 2 hours they said I was having contractions but they weren’t regular(which I knew). The Dr then checked my cervix. After weeks and weeks of painful Braxton Hicks, and 2-3 days of back pain and what feels like real, though irregular, contractions, I am not dilated and only 30% effaced..

Don’t get me wrong I’d rather she wait another week until 37 weeks, but it’s a little discouraging to have had this much trouble and that’s all it did. I didn’t have painful contractions with my other two until I was in labor. So this is frustrating. And the Dr said the back pain is probably here to stay until she is born.

Anyone have stories of previous pregnancies like this? Or some encouragement? Will I still be waiting 4 weeks with this back pain? Or does even that little bit of effacement mean she could be here in a week?

I had this at 30 weeks with my second for 10 weeks, only to start dilating to 1 or 2 cms at 38 weeks or beginning of 39 weeks, finally got induced at 39+6 after it all lol! We all thought my son was coming 10 weeks early and was told I was in early labour, to then nothing happening and needing to get induced all that time later. It is a pain in the ass but sadly one of those things:(

With my 3rd baby I was in prodromal labour from 32 weeks right up until the day she was born at 40+6.

My midwife said it’s fairly common for third babies to be a bit of a wild card and that was certainly the case for me. She’s the only one who went “overdue” and she was my longest labour because she was back to back when labour started. Even when I was in full blown labour my contractions weren’t regular but they were so intense and thats because they working to turn her.

That being said it wasn’t a “bad” labour just went on so much longer than I’d thought it would!

After my second I realised dilation doesn't always mean much! I'd been contacting for 2 days, finally went to the hospital where I got checked and my cervix was high and tight shut but she arrived 6 hours later! It can change so quick.

Thank you ladies! I’m trying to resign myself to her coming late. That way if she’s early it’s a surprise! Everyone keeps telling me she’s coming early and it’s making the wait harder.

ClairAye, I hope that’s what happens!

Third babies are for sure the wild card ! I was 2cm dilated for 3 weeks with DS . Had horrific pains when walking . His head bouncing on my cervix was the worst ! He was born at 40+6 after 3 sweeps too ! Labour was quick really got the hospital at 6cm dilated, 3 1/2 hours later he was born ! Worst part was as I was pushing with the contractions his head kept coming out then going back in !! Oh god the pressure was immense !

Everything you think you know about pregnancy and labour goes out the window with baby no 3 ! But anything can happen as we know, they like to catch us off guard !

I hope your pain eases soon . Wish I had taken your approach I was convinced he was going to be born early ! Good luck ! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->