37 weeks pregnant and no leaking

loveforlife

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I am still pregnant with my first at 36.5 weeks... I have read articles and books that say that a woman should be leaking milk or colostrum by now in prep for when baby comes.... to be honest I haven´t had any leaking of any kind so far.... in fact, aside from intense breast tendernes on the first trimester, I have not seen any significant changes in my breasts, I mean, I still use the same pre-prenancy bra size! Anyways, it is starting to worry me that maybe I won´t produce any milk and I really want to breastfeed my little girl and avoid giving her formula if possible.... Everything in my pregnancy has been excellent so I don´t seem to have any kind of hormone problem or anything...

Well, long story made not very short (sorry!!!) has this happened to any of you? Do you think is normal??

Thanks in advance! :hugs:

Hiya! I am in the same boat exactly! I even made a post today on the third tri forum about my boobs not working! I'm 37+4 and really haven't noticed anything significant happen in that area. I've only really gained about a half cup size (and I'm small chested - about a small B normally), and haven't really had much breast tenderness during the entire pregnancy, outside of in the beginning. I can actually squeeze and don't have anything come out. I have never leaked. It's just not there.

Everyone says not to worry, that sometimes colostrum doesn't show up until after birth, or a week or so before birth, so I guess we'll see...

I will be asking my doctor about this next Tuesday for sure!

I never had any leaking. In the shower a few times I tried pinching and got a couple of drops of colostrum but that was it except for one incident where, please forgive me if this is too graphic but I had an orgasm and then rubbed my right nipple and it just sort of gushed everywhere but that was it and just one time. Most of the time playing with my nipples did nothing.

After Zoe was born I pumped the next day (she was in the NICU) and only a couple of drops came out. It didn't even make it down the tube. I spoke with a lactation consultant and she gave me some techniques like using hot compresses and massaging and just to give it time. More colostrum came in later that day and the next morning when I pumped I started having colostrum mixed with milk and then my milk was in.

I was a massive overproducer. For a while I was producing 90oz/day and my baby was less than 3 weeks old. I had to try and slow down my production and it took quite a bit of work before I reached a happy place with the amount I'm pumping.

I never leaked either. I went into the hospital to deliver wearing the same bras I wore when I found out I was pregnant, and even once my milk was in, I had no change in bra size. We'll be 11 months next week, so obviously that didn't keep me from bfing. Apparently some women just don't get bigger or leak beforehand, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Never leaked here either. There were a total of 3 occasions where I found a small white thing on my nipple that I assumed was dried colostrum (could have also been dry skin). Squeezing etc didn't make anything come out. I didn't try breastfeeding immediately after birth but I held baby for a couple hours and asked for an LC to give me some tips and advice...there was colostrum by then!

I never leaked either. Again, same bras from when I found out I was pregnant. Jessica didn't latch on straight away and I had to hand express into a syringe to feed her before she learnt how to latch. Then she was jaundice and I had to keep expressing with a syringe till my milk came in at 4 days when I started pumping. Day 5 we were home from hospital and been breastfeeding ever since. I also had huge oversupply issues and was constantly leaking to the point I had to sleep on a towel folded in half!!

With my first I went from an A to a C cup and leaked everywhere and I still ended up with supply issues (from an infection). This time I only went up 1 cup size, didn't leak at all and never even got that engorged when my milk came in and I have a good supply. Don't worry about the not leaking it really doesn't mean much.

I never leaked while I was pregnant and have no problems bf :)

I've had five children and only experienced significant breast changes with my eldest and second youngest. With my youngest my bra size decreased during pregnancy. Also with my two youngest had no leaking during pregnancy of colostrum at all, second youngest I leaked one tiny drop. I couldn't even really squeeze any colostrum out until a few days before delivery. My youngest has had no formula ever and only started solids at six months xx

Thanks girls! It's really good to hear that it doesn't appear to be anything to worry about! :flower:

Yep, no worries. I didn't have leaking while pregnant with either of mine, and I have had good experience bf.

I never leaked as such. I had to squeeze to get the tiniest droplet of colostrum out. I breastfed Thomas for 17.5 months and Sophie for 11 months.

I never leaked during pregnancy. I've been breastfeeding for 13 months and I still leak on occasion.

Never leaked during pregnancy and only a little when my milk came in. Never been a problem for us.

Thanks to everyone for your responses!! I will stop worrying and really enjoy my last weeks of pregnancy with no concerns about this....

I am currently reading the Womanly Art of Breastfeeding by La Leche League, that´s giving me some insight also.

Thanks again girls! Happy breastfeeding!! :flower:

I never leaked either. I thought I might have felt one small drop on two different occasions but apart from that nothing. My milk came in after 5-ish days and I was drowning in it!

never leaked while pregnant, or while breastfeeding! Wore breastpads for comfort only!

Just wanted to add... while I never leaked through pregnancy, I do leak quite a bit during night feeds almost daily!! A bit tough cos I don't like wearing a bra at night :haha:

I leaked in one pregnancy and didn't leak at all in the next but have been able to bf fine both times xxx

I leaked once two days before labor! So nothing is wrong I promise

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->