38+4 weeks baby not flipped ?

Kay_

Reaction score
What are the chances of a baby flipping at almost 39 weeks? I just had my prenatal appointment today and was sent into the hospital for an ultrasound to see what position the baby was in due to possible breech. Turns out her head is up towards my ribs and butt is downward. Doctor booked me in for Monday to talk about the results and see if she can schedule an ECV to try and get her to flip around otherwise at risk for possible C-section!!:nope: Also she checked my cervix and said it was soft and probably 1cm dilated.

My friend’s baby went head down on the day of the scheduled ECV. I can’t remember exactly how close to her due date it was, but it was pretty close that she requested if she had the ECV whatever happens she wanted to either be induced or have a c-section on the same day. She went in that day and baby was head down.

I know someone whose baby went head down on the day of the scheduled section!

My cousin was breech and my aunt went in for an EVC and he had sifted so fingers crossed baby moves for you x

Thanks! I’m hoping she turns on her own or at least with the ECV, I hate the thought of having to get a c section! I’ve been looking up possible ways I might be able to get her to turn on her own in the meantime but can’t find anything promising

I hope she turns for you. My first was like that and i layed on the couch with a bunch of pillows under my hips and put a bag of ice on his head. I felt him flip right over. He did not like the ice.

I hope she turns for you. My first was like that and i layed on the couch with a bunch of pillows under my hips and put a bag of ice on his head. I felt him flip right over. He did not like the ice.
LOL! I didn’t know ice would work like that! That’s interesting, did it work right away or did it take a few tries?

Mine were bot breech but I remember people speaking about a website called Spinning Babies, I don't know much about it personally though.

I only did it once. I dont know how long i was laying there. Just watched tv but could feel lots of big movements. I DID not want any doctor help lol

I only did it once. I dont know how long i was laying there. Just watched tv but could feel lots of big movements. I DID not want any doctor help lol
Yea I tried a bit this morning but it seems like she’s just sleeping through it lol. I’ll have to wait til she’s a bit more active and awake to see if it’ll work..hoping it does!

I hope so too! Maybe she'll flip and you'll go right into labor! Lol
No luck so far!:shrug: I held two cans of frozen juice for what seemed like a long time til my belly went numb and she didn’t seem to care lol ...stubborn.

One thing I’ve heard is to try first thing in the morning when your bladder is full - get on the side where the baby has its limbs and put a pillow under your belly to make it extra uncomfortable for them - they will be running out of space because of the pillow pressure and the full bladder.

Someone already suggested spinning babies website, I’ve heard a lot of good things about their exercises

That being said, I heard that first babies are far less likely to flip after 38 weeks because they run out of space quicker then in the following pregnancies when everything is much more stretched out.

Last but not least, why not attempt a natural labor if he’s got proper positioning of the legs and the head/chin? I know that in our hospital, they do a very thorough ultrasound for breech babies once it’s go time and decide at the last second on whether vaginal delivery is possible. If my doctor tried to schedule a cesarian just because of baby being breech I’d definitely be seeking another opinion.

Good luck!

One thing I’ve heard is to try first thing in the morning when your bladder is full - get on the side where the baby has its limbs and put a pillow under your belly to make it extra uncomfortable for them - they will be running out of space because of the pillow pressure and the full bladder.

Someone already suggested spinning babies website, I’ve heard a lot of good things about their exercises

That being said, I heard that first babies are far less likely to flip after 38 weeks because they run out of space quicker then in the following pregnancies when everything is much more stretched out.

Last but not least, why not attempt a natural labor if he’s got proper positioning of the legs and the head/chin? I know that in our hospital, they do a very thorough ultrasound for breech babies once it’s go time and decide at the last second on whether vaginal delivery is possible. If my doctor tried to schedule a cesarian just because of baby being breech I’d definitely be seeking another opinion.

Good luck!
Makes sense, she booked me in for another appointment on Monday to talk about the results from the ultrasound since she sent me across the street to the hospital to have them done so once she receives them she’ll tell me what can be done I guess. I’ll be 39+1 by then. I’m just praying I don’t have to get a c section done

I’ve also heard a lot about the spinning babies website !

Fingers crossed she turns for you!

Just thinkin about you. Hope baby is in the perfect position!
I can still feel her head just to the top right of my belly button but hopefully she’s positioned good enough for a normal delivery. We’ll find out tomorrow:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->